Evan Ferguson - Top Irish Prospect

Oldyella

Well if holjund turns out good surely we don’t ?
Unless rhe club brings back you know who and he gets back to his old level, we will have one reliable striker. Martial will surely be moved on as his contract runs down and Rashford isn't the same player up top. We will definitely be in the market for someone.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Dont' think there's any chance of him winning the PFA Young Player of the Year award but great to see him nominated. He's born in 2004, all the other nominees are 2001 or 2002.

DanClancy

6 league goals in 19 appearances for a 18 year old is some going from a lad who's just not going to be a goalscorer.

What was his minutes per goal last season?

AaronRedDevil

I’m gonna be pissed when Tottenham get him with the Kane money. I really fecking wanted an Irish player in united. He was the one. Now we have Rasmus.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The second goal was lovely but the first was bad goalkeeping and the last lucky. Good young player still.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I can honestly see him replacing Haaland at Man. City when the time comes.

Another 100m + in the pocket for Brighton, ridiculous he's still only 18.

Gordon S

He doesn`t have quite the same feeling of dead cert star as a young Rooney had, but he is good enough to start salivate over. Not going to be cheap

cyberman

They have another young Irish striker coming through who is just as good so they just might cash in on Evan in a few seasons or play two up top

lsd

The Oracle
He is going to be a superstar there is no doubt about it.

Irish, United mad and an amazing talent. If we don't sign him it will be a tragedy

Hoof the ball

We're not getting him. Get real. If there's a "next big thing" around these days it ain't us in for him. Kane should have been it this summer and you just know we could never make it work. We ain't done that since Fergie had his sway. :lol:

If Ferguson leaves he's being tagged by City, Real, etc.

izec

I can honestly see him replacing Haaland at Man. City when the time comes.

Another 100m + in the pocket for Brighton, ridiculous he's still only 18.
Depends. I think by that time Ferguson will be at a top club already. He will move in a year or two, he will be too good for Brighton.

RedDevilQuebecois

Sir Alex would have signed him is such a cliche, but he absolutely would have signed him wouldn't he
He would. This guy is ahead of the growth curve that Wayne Rooney was on by the time they reached the same number of senior appearances.

For comparison's sake, Rooney had 8 goals in 37 appearances in his first season at Everton while Ferguson is already on 14 goals after 33 total appearances for BHA (he was injured for a while last season too).

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Clickbait title aside, this kid does seem quite an interesting prospect. Scored his first senior goal for Brighton last night and Potter seems to rate him. Very big and strong for his age. Reminiscent of a certain someone :wenger:

I wonder if he’ll end up at a big club soon?

A big club that is a bit short of prospects that play as a tradional #9, for example?

Yeah, feck it. He’s Irish. I admit it. I just want United to have Irish players again, dammit!
fair fecks Pogue. Get a job in our scouting departament mate

next_number_seven

fair fecks Pogue. Get a job in our scouting departament mate
He's been hyped in Ireland since he was 14.
You can see highlights of his debut at 14 v Chelsea online in a preseason friendly.

I'm still not certain he'll go right to the top. There's a shortage of strikers though so I'm pretty certain he'll get a big move next summer.