Evan Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojofiam

People bringing up Haaland and Alvarez when trying to justify the idea of us getting 2 world class strikers has gotten so boring by now.

The Argentine was a low-profile, unproven signing, you could even describe it as a punt...like Dan James to United for example...and he often doesn't even play in Haaland's position...whilst all the number 9s we've been linked with and been mentioned on here can only play upfront and that's it...Osimhen, Kane, Hojlund, Ferguson, etc.

We're not gonna sign Ferguson into a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 if Hojlund turns out to be a success. Wherever the kid goes he will be coming in to be the main striker and one of the stars of the team. Neither him nor Hojlund will be content with sitting on the bench or starting less than half of our games in a season.

Kellyiom

Not sure about this guy. Let's wait until he's got 200 goals for other teams and buy him past his peak.
So funny, it makes me cry. I'm definitely not an advocate of galactico buying but how would our performance over the last 10 years looked if we had gone all out to buy goals; Kane, Lewandowski, Benzema, someone of that level.

Yes, it's a horrendous cost but is this club ambitious enough?

Gopher Brown

I'm talking about Casemiro's role, Mount certainly doesn't play that position. Amrabat is on loan, let's see how he gets on first. We saw last season that our reliance on one proper defensive midfielder backfired when Casemiro got injured or his form dipped. I also referenced centre half as another priority. We do need another striker as back up, but we aren't spending 100 million plus on one.
He's only 'on loan' as far as accounting purposes go. We will be spending the additional £25m on him regardless of how well he does.

Crashoutcassius

So funny, it makes me cry. I'm definitely not an advocate of galactico buying but how would our performance over the last 10 years looked if we had gone all out to buy goals; Kane, Lewandowski, Benzema, someone of that level.

Yes, it's a horrendous cost but is this club ambitious enough?
Ye or just pay top dollar for Alexis Sanchez he scored 40 goals for arsenal last year

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
People bringing up Haaland and Alvarez when trying to justify the idea of us getting 2 world class strikers has gotten so boring by now.

The Argentine was a low-profile, unproven signing, you could even describe it as a punt...like Dan James to United for example...and he often doesn't even play in Haaland's position...whilst all the number 9s we've been linked with and been mentioned on here can only play upfront and that's it...Osimhen, Kane, Hojlund, Ferguson, etc.

We're not gonna sign Ferguson into a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 if Hojlund turns out to be a success. Wherever the kid goes he will be coming in to be the main striker and one of the stars of the team. Neither him nor Hojlund will be content with sitting on the bench or starting less than half of our games in a season.
ETH can go ol' skool and bring back United's 4-4-2

poleglass red

Brighton brought him on as a sub, we brought on Martial, just shows where we are right now.

Bwuk

Alvarez had 5 caps for Argentina, Barcelona, Madrid etc were all after him. Dan James was average in the Championship.

Rojofiam

Alvarez had 5 caps for Argentina, Barcelona, Madrid etc were all after him. Dan James was average in the Championship.
I wasn't comparing their abilities...?

He cost city 14m pounds and there was talk of him going out on loan before Guardiola decided to keep him. Similar type of transfer. Unproven talent picked up for peanuts from a lesser league. Low-risk deal for the buying club.

Also, James wasn't average in the championship. That's why several PL clubs were targeting him.

jesperjaap

Ferguson looks a top talent obviously. But Brighton star player prices when we have jsut spent over £70m on what looks like a pretty similar profile of player.

I definately think we made an error in not signing a second CF this summer, but come next summer, is £100m+ on Fergusona good move forward in our probable needs?

Of course how Hoijlund develops this season plays a role in what type of stiker and price bracket we will be looking to spend, personally think a much lower costing player with a different profile wold make more sense, as good as Fergson looks like he could become

next_number_seven

Ferguson looks a top talent obviously. But Brighton star player prices when we have jsut spent over £70m on what looks like a pretty similar profile of player.

I definately think we made an error in not signing a second CF this summer, but come next summer, is £100m+ on Fergusona good move forward in our probable needs?

Of course how Hoijlund develops this season plays a role in what type of stiker and price bracket we will be looking to spend, personally think a much lower costing player with a different profile wold make more sense, as good as Fergson looks like he could become
It's extremely unlikely we'll sign him in next few years. We'll develop Højlund and if he flops we might sign Ferguson.

Otherwise we've other areas to improve first like RW, CB, RB etc

JB7

Bit of a non-story really. It's an open secret we've got an interest in him and it's just the journalist attempting to get in on the current pile on at this stage. £50m for a player who I read in the summer had played less than 1000 career league minutes is hardly a bad offer and frankly you never know with Brighton, given that they look at transfers in and out so differently to other clubs.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Bit of a non-story really. It's an open secret we've got an interest in him and it's just the journalist attempting to get in on the current pile on at this stage. £50m for a player who I read in the summer had played less than 1000 career league minutes is hardly a bad offer and frankly you never know with Brighton, given that they look at transfers in and out so differently to other clubs.
A blind man could have told them that 50m wouldn’t buy one leg

JB7

A blind man could have told them that 50m wouldn’t buy one leg
You would think so but you never know how the club or player will react to a formal bid coming in. Equally if they had gone straight in and offered £100m for a player who'd made what, 20 appearances in the league they'd have been hammered on here for overpaying again.

Andersons Dietician

Every time I watch Brighton which admittedly is not a lot I never see anything special from him or anything that makes me think damn what a player. I see there is a load of hype about him but I’ve maybe just caught him on off days. Because there has to be something I’ve missed with all the hype. Feck it to the YouTube scouting system!!

But really is he a gem and I’ve just not seen him perform?

poleglass red

Every time I watch Brighton which admittedly is not a lot I never see anything special from him or anything that makes me think damn what a player. I see there is a load of hype about him but I’ve maybe just caught him on off days. Because there has to be something I’ve missed with all the hype. Feck it to the YouTube scouting system!!

watch him v Newcastle, he was sublime in that game. His movement in that game was top quality. His first goal was a poacher's finish, 2nd was a bit of individual brilliance, 3rd he got a bit lucky on with a deflection. I'll be honest I haven't seen a ton of him, if that performance that day, against one of the top sides, is indicative of where he's heading as a player, he will be a truly special player. Of course consistency is key, but with his age, he shows remarkable composure.

Tarrou

He reminds me of Kane just breaking through, nothing looked particularly flashy or exciting but he kept delivering the goods. Ferguson just does everything competently and doesn't have obvious weaknesses. Movement, finishing, hold-up play, first-touch, passing, work-rate, decision-making, with decent if not electric pace. It all seems to be at a level you'd expect from an experienced 28 year old but its present at such a young age.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Lads you can discuss his style, how he plays in a normal thread, there’s one in the FF already. This is for transfer related news only

Status
Not open for further replies.