Evan Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Would Brighton have sold him to us for 80M earlier in the summer? Højlund is the bigger risk, no?
IMO they would have laughed at us if we'd offered 80m. They seem confident that he's the real deal, in which case they know they can keep him for another 2-4 years and then sell him for 120m minimum (possibly significantly higher if he really blows up).

Of course that depends on him actually being the real deal.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he gets close to 15 goals in the league this season, considering how dire the striker market is these days, he’ll be a 150M player next summer. I hope we have new ownership and qualify for the champions league by then to even be in the conversation.

Donut

He’s getting overrated fast now. All three goals yesterday were lucky/Pope’s fault. His general play seems pretty good, but he also seems cumbersome at times. He’s nowhere near Rooney’s level of talent.

Pronewbie

Peep
IMO they would have laughed at us if we'd offered 80m. They seem confident that he's the real deal, in which case they know they can keep him for another 2-4 years and then sell him for 120m minimum (possibly significantly higher if he really blows up).

Of course that depends on him actually being the real deal.
Thanks. I must say that he looked impressive in the highlights I watched - gave me Hojlund highlights vibes but seemed composed and confident in the PL at such a young age.

Castia

He’s getting overrated fast now. All three goals yesterday were lucky/Pope’s fault. His general play seems pretty good, but he also seems cumbersome at times. He’s nowhere near Rooney’s level of talent.
You dont score a hat trick at 18 through luck mate

I agree it’s way too early for the Rooney comparisons but let’s be real he’s the biggest striker talent on the planet for his age

I hope he doesn’t make the move too early, he should stay and develop at Brighton for another few seasons at least.

Bondi77

If he ends up being better than Niall Quinn he will be doing well.

RuudTom83

He's good and I'm in the station waiting...but I'm not getting on the hype train yet.

Something tells me he is very stoppable, whereas Rooney was an animal, and its totally unfair to compare anyone to Wazza but still that's where I'm at currently.

zaafi

You dont score a hat trick at 18 through luck mate

I agree it’s way too early for the Rooney comparisons but let’s be real he’s the biggest striker talent on the planet for his age

I hope he doesn’t make the move too early, he should stay and develop at Brighton for another few seasons at least.
Tap in and a deflection. I'm not saying he's not a very exciting striker talent, but you absolutely can score a hattrick through luck.

Castia

Tap in and a deflection. I'm not saying he's not a very exciting striker talent, but you absolutely can score a hattrick through luck.
The tap in was very good striker positioning he was alert for the deflection off the keeper and he also curled in a 25 yarder just to show his range of goals

No luck involved what so ever. You watched that yesterday and what you got from it was luck? what a strange take.

I think Haaland scored 30 of those types of tap ins last season lets hope Hojlund can score a few for us this season....

zaafi

The tap in was very good striker positioning he was alert for the deflection off the keeper and he also curled in a 25 yarder just to show his range of goals

No luck involved what so ever. You watched that yesterday and what you got from it was luck? what a strange take.

I think Haaland scored 30 of those types of tap ins last season lets hope Hojlund can score a few for us this season....
Do you not remember Lukaku's hattrick for West Bromwich against us a few days after he turned 20? He is an exciting talent, but his physicality is one of the reasons he is able to play in PL, similarly to Lukaku. Let's wait and see if he develops other parts of the game before saying he is the next Rooney and a generational talent.

croadyman

How I wish he only wants us like Hojlund & Amrabat but fear money will talk when it matters

Devil You Know

Would Brighton have sold him to us for 80M earlier in the summer? Højlund is the bigger risk, no?
No.

He only signed a new contract on 25th April 2023. There's no way either player or club were planning on parting ways, let alone for £80m.

Even before the price inflation of the last summer, he would have had an asking price between £120m and £150m. Darwin Nunez was £85m for a player 5 years older, at a relatively less rich club in a less rich league, and unproven in the PL.

Tarrou

How I wish he only wants us like Hojlund & Amrabat but fear money will talk when it matters
he seems really level-headed and grounded in his interviews

he already turned us down to join Brighton, which was a fantastic career decision that wasn't financially focused

and it's not like we don't offer great money anyway?

in conclusion, he's ours!

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
If he has 20 goal season, 100m might get Brighton to table but that's about it. May sound nuts but if keeps this up he is not leaving for less than 150m in todays market. He is also seems to have a pretty solid team behind him who are looking out for his actual interests and development, don't think he will leave for 2-3 years. Really hope his keeps it up and smashes the shit out of Robbie Keanes record

rajds89

Unless Rasmus flops pretty hard, I don’t see us getting this lad.

Redstain

Some sources linking him with interest from City. I just don't see United in the market for new marquee signings due to prices. Look at the Rice / Caicedo fees it's the new normal going forward. It's not that the club can't generate the necessary finances but the poor management prohibiting what can be done with the money which has defined the summer window (FFP).

I have very minimal knowledge of the rules but won't the next few summers continue the same trend with the club continually making losses ok transfers / not winning competitions ?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
No we would not have sold him for any price and there's a very good chance we wont sell him next summer either, after that I imagine we'll see him go and if he carries on developing as he has so far it'll be for a huge fee as he'll still have 3 years left on his contract.

RedOrange

They held on to Caicedo until Chelsea paid them 115M. Strikers are harder to find than midfielders. There's no way they'd have given him up for 80M.

aeh1991

He's the type of player we need to keep an eye on, but before we make these big money signings, we should first finish our rebuilding. We still have plenty of positions to upgrade (mainly CB, RB, LB, maybe RW, backup CF). Depending on Hojlund's development we will see whether a top CF is really urgent or not. Of course there could be the risk of losing Ferguson to another top club, but then let it be. Whether he comes 2024 or 2025 should not really affect his development in a negative way (on the contrary it would probably be a good idea to stay a bit longer with De Zerbi). I'd rather spend the money on 3-4 quality signings than on 1 expensive top target.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Ferguson looks special. Like Haaland, he's not just big and fast, he also has traditional striker skills in spades - heading, poacher's instincts in the box, quick feet, always seeming to know where the goal is, etc.

I think he'll be one of these players like Bellingham who basically just gets to choose his destination as nearly every top side in the world will want him, even at Brighton's inevitably exorbitant price.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Depends on how well Brighton can replace him and therefore prepared to cash out on the lad.

Problem is that Brighton have had alot of team upheaval and restructuring in the last year. And Chelsea have made them wealthier than us do big bids are not so attractive. It'd be great to get their jewel in the crown though but he won't be sold yet, no chance less than £150m and if the lad goes on strike :lol:

UTD_Since_1978

I hate to rain on people's parade here but I just wanted to say that no way did he get a hat-trick the other day, 1 goal was clearly an own goal & to say it was on target so it should be his goal is a total disrespect to goalies as that's like saying every shot on target is never saved by a goalie which we all know is incorrect, so therefore it shouldn't have been a hat-trick.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I hate to rain on people's parade here but I just wanted to say that no way did he get a hat-trick the other day, 1 goal was clearly an own goal & to say it was on target so it should be his goal is a total disrespect to goalies as that's like saying every shot on target is never saved by a goalie which we all know is incorrect, so therefore it shouldn't have been a hat-trick.
According to the rules, it's not an own goal. Sorry mate, he got a hattrick.

TR1LL

Feel like what people are describing in Ferguson is exactly what Hojlund is? Though from what I can see (in limited observation) Hojlund seems to offer slightly more dribbling capabilities.

No chance we get him whilst we have Hojlund.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
What a weird hill to die on. Firstly, it was a hat trick and secondly, who cares? :lol:

How bazar indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.