Ever Banega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Based on this season do we really need to buy a central midfielder for the premier league specifically, or do we need one who is going to aid us more in europe?

Next season Fletcher will be back, we should look for continued improvement from Anderson and Gibson, Giggs will still be there, there's nothing wrong with Carrick... Our midfield did a good job in most of the big matches in the premier league this season.

The problem is there are better sides than in the premier league, when we get far into the champions league. Barcelona and now Madrid with Alonso and Sahin, they will pose far more problems for our midfield. Banega is the one with lots of experience playing against them and tends to play well against them. Modric? Who knows how he'll do against Barcelona?

VoetbalWizard

now is the time fergie needs to buy a veron (who would cost almost 40 million today since it was 28 million in 2001). Not when we have keane and scholes fit as thoroughbreds.

4everUtd

"But every single game I play [is a highlight
Based on this season do we really need to buy a central midfielder for the premier league specifically, or do we need one who is going to aid us more in europe?

Next season Fletcher will be back, we should look for continued improvement from Anderson and Gibson, Giggs will still be there, there's nothing wrong with Carrick... Our midfield did a good job in most of the big matches in the premier league this season.

The problem is there are better sides than in the premier league, when we get far into the champions league. Barcelona and now Madrid with Alonso and Sahin, they will pose far more problems for our midfield. Banega is the one with lots of experience playing against them and tends to play well against them. Modric? Who knows how he'll do against Barcelona?
I disagree,i think the midfield need something new,giggs is in his last year scholes could be gone and gibson will never be a starter! Pogba will be a star but is still a year off. im not a fan of modric, i think we need a bit of bite in the midfield,for me its sneijder or de rossi we need,whether these are feasable i cant say!

Ekeke

The midfield obviously needs something new but even if Banega took a while to adapt to the premier league he'd obviously still improve on what we have. He knows how to play against the top Spanish sides, you can count on him for that in his first season thats for sure.

If we bought Modric because he has experience of the premier league it would be overlooking the real reason we need to buy a midfielder in my opinion. There are several options who will improve our midfield to the right state to win the premier league again, not all of them would cost over £30 million like Modric

Ronaldo No.9

Redcafe FIFA Champion 2010
''Ronaldo was the attacker more difficult to tackl
I disagree,i think the midfield need something new,giggs is in his last year scholes could be gone and gibson will never be a starter! Pogba will be a star but is still a year off. im not a fan of modric, i think we need a bit of bite in the midfield,for me its sneijder or de rossi we need,whether these are feasable i cant say!
I've not really followed this lad atall but I've heard many people say this, how have you got the impression that he's gonna be a star?

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I've not really followed this lad atall but I've heard many people say this, how have you got the impression that he's gonna be a star?
Probably have to do more research in the youth forums, watch more on the youth highlights or actually watch the youth games.

He's body is built like a Viera and has that touch on him which is similar, very composed for a 18yr old MF, his touch is damn good, has a cracking shot on him... Can still be invisible in games but for an 18yr old most people have been focusing on his skill and even though Tunnicliff got the award, Pogba definitely wasn't far behind and was instrumental to the success of the youth team.

Back to Banega, why do people compare him to a Modric ? I was seeing it more like a Banega for OH and if Scholes calls it a day maybe we will invest on Modric ?

( Adding the fact that Banega would probably do a wonderful job attacking wise too...

At the end of the season, I had high hopes for at least a Dortmund prospect ( Sahin of course ) but I also set my sights on Banega and I think he'll fit in well...

Busy summer

Ekeke

Because Banega is a better passer than Modric and although he's also better defensively, he's not a defensive midfielder

The only thing Modric has on Banega is mobility and perhaps dribbling but thats close too

Devil may care

The midfield obviously needs something new but even if Banega took a while to adapt to the premier league he'd obviously still improve on what we have. He knows how to play against the top Spanish sides, you can count on him for that in his first season thats for sure.

If we bought Modric because he has experience of the premier league it would be overlooking the real reason we need to buy a midfielder in my opinion. There are several options who will improve our midfield to the right state to win the premier league again, not all of them would cost over £30 million like Modric
I partially agree but we also struggled away from home through lack of control in midfield, it was a problem all season long as our record shows.
If Banega adapts well enough though we'd have the best of both worlds.

Because Banega is a better passer than Modric and although he's also better defensively, he's not a defensive midfielder

The only thing Modric has on Banega is mobility and perhaps dribbling but thats close too
Banega is a deceptively tidy dribbler, it's just he doesn't have a burst of pace but rarely needs it as he creates space like Scholes and Xavi. His passing is what really puts him a level above Modric for me, Modric tends to mostly run with the ball, he's a carrier, a bit like Ando likes to do. Banega though is inventive in the final third and has those long diagonal balls in his repertoire which is important given unleashing the wingers on the break is a big part of our game.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We wouldn't be signing him just because of his experience in the premier league. We'd be signing him because he's a bloody good midfielder who would significantly improve our team, and he's as close to a sure thing as we can possibly get. There are a couple of players who could be potentially better, but they are also riskier. There's been plenty of young players over the years who have started well and then fallen away, and if you add moving to England to that then the risk increases. Banega is probably more suited to England than most which is why he'd be my second choice, but he would still be a much greater risk than Modric.

Back to Banega, why do people compare him to a Modric ? I was seeing it more like a Banega for OH and if Scholes calls it a day maybe we will invest on Modric?
I don't really see a comparison between Banega and Hargreaves. Banega is far better on the ball, and doesn't have Hargreaves mobility and defensive workrate.

If we buy a player of that style, it'll be to partner Carrick most of the time (unless we also buy someone like Schweinsteiger to take Carrick's role). Hence why the likes of Banega and Modric are being compared, as they'd be directly battling for the same spot.

Banega has more end product in terms of directly scoring and assisting (although looking at his stats that's debatable, which I was surprised with) and is technically a better passer, and is probably better defensively, but at the moment Modric is better at running the game and controlling his team around the park. Banega is a bit more of an impact player, while Modric is more controlling.

Polaroid

Banega runs Valencia's game more than Modric runs Spurs

It is just the way both sides are set up and play.

I do think that Modric can exert stronger influence in a more advanced role (as he does for Croatia) rather than a deeper role

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Have we Ever been linked?

I'll get my coat.

Polaroid

Nope we have not been linked.

United's lack of interest so far may be due to his history of getting into trouble off-the-field

On the pitch though, he is a gem and could easily become one of the best midfielders around within the next 2-3 years if he moves to a top club and keeps his head.

Ekeke

Very unreliable. The summer before last, when Banega hadnt proven anything yet and was out on loan at Atletico, Valencia were thinking about selling him but realised they wouldnt get back the money they paid for him so a move to Schalke didnt go through.

Since then he's become their most important player

He still has 2 years on his contract and there's no way they'll sell him for less than they paid. Its more than likely they'll ask for at least what City paid for Silva

Devil may care

I know this is not a transfer update, but I thought I'd stick this in here as I've not come across a vid before which is full of footage of his time at Boca Juniors.

gulli_G

we'll only be linked once spurs get him to replace modric.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Judging from the youtube clips, I think we should at least make a bid for him. I really think we should, now that Hargreaves is released and our midfield wasn't up for big matches anyway.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I would like to see us sign him.. But as of now it looks so very unlikely..

gaffs

Complete midfielder, an absolute beast who could play in Barcelona's midfield. I get the feeling he'll move on in the next couple of transfer windows and move on to a top club. And if that top club is not us then I think we'll regret it

He tackles, he passes and assists, he has a rocket shot and he has that bit of flair too. He's strong, he looks to get on the ball and matches against Barcelona and Real Madrid have been amongst his best performances.

Judging by his performances for Argentina, where he's cemented himself as a starter, he seems key to Messi performing for his national side too. Whats not to like?

The last club linked with him I believe was Inter a few weeks ago. He'd make a huge impact for them if that one happened
Ekeke, You have always had a bit of a thing for Banega.

I think he is a class act and could do a great job for a top club.

Though we dont have such a good record with Argies!!!

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I know it's just youtube clips, but what impressed me from those videos is how mobile he is in the middle of the park and how he takes responsibility, something our midfielder's seem to lack. He passes, moves and makes space for himself to get the return, and he always wants the return. Very much like how Scholes played for us during his last few seasons.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I know it's just youtube clips, but what impressed me from those videos is how mobile he is in the middle of the park and how he takes responsibility, something our midfielder's seem to lack. He passes, moves and makes space for himself to get the return, and he always wants the return. Very much like how Scholes played for us during his last few seasons.
Yep great movement on and off the ball. A difficult player to play against.... but it is just one of those best bit vids.

gulli_G

he can even tackle :)

Average Joe

feck sakes - need to stop clicking this thread every time a new post comes up. Clearly we arent interested in him and I have to accept it.

Devil may care

Us not being linked to him may actually be a good thing.

Vs. Real Madrid 09/10

I don't usually care for the "every touch he had in the game" vids, but this one really is a great showcase of Banega at his best.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
If Inter buy Banega, that's evidence Sneijder is potentially on his way.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
I don't think so. Sneijder plays in a more advanced role than Banega would be expected to occupy.

Devil may care

Yeah, I think Sanchez is a more likely Sneijder replacement, Banega will take the place of either Cambiasso or Motta.

Status
Not open for further replies.