Everton deducted 10 points for PSR breach (reduced to 6) | Deducted further 2 points for second breach

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need that 10 points increased for those pathetic little red print outs.

Cpt Negative

They broke the rules and now suffer the consequences.

The only issue here that another club has 115 charges to deal with that seems to be going unpunished

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Their board isn’t corrupt, just stupid.

Don't we protest with green and yellow scarves?

If we broke FFP by the same amount and got that deduction, we'd be rioting.
Didn't say ours was brilliant!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I liked their fans tonight. Super loud, kept going all game, loads of signs and noice outside the stadium.

Robertd0803

Don't we protest with green and yellow scarves?
True but the green and yellow is coincidentally highly visible and distinct and gets picked up on tv a mile off. Those crappy pink pieces of paper had the Everton fans hold up could barely been seen and the wording and imagery was hardly clear most of the time.

Also assuming the club organised it shouldnt they now be charged with improper conduct or something for implying the Premier League is corrupt?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If the above is true, Luton have a real chance of staying up. Sheffield United and Burnley are terrible. What a story that would be.

It might well force Burnley’s hand with Kompany

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Already out of the relegation zone. They'd be ahead of Chelsea if not for the points deduction :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Already out of the relegation zone. They'd be ahead of Chelsea if not for the points deduction :lol:

Top ten yes, you have to applaud them for how they have gone about things this year and Sean Dyche has done a really good job

Sylar

They have scored the same number of goals as us and Conceded two more. Find that absolutely insane

city-puma

They have scored the same number of goals as us and Conceded two more. Find that absolutely insane
And, they have at least four players with Manchester United connections I think? Young, McNeil, Keane, Garner.

GazTheLegend

And, they have at least four players with Manchester United connections I think? Young, McNeil, Keane, Garner.
@SilentWitness how has Garner been this season out of interest. It's been forgotten how good he was for Forest but I've always expected him to step up to become a proper player and it looks like the Evertonians are raving about him now.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Soooooo, when are City getting hit with the deduction stick?
I'm thinking this season but it won't enough to relegate them. I maintain the Premier League will punish them just enough to be considered a punishment but not enough to be majorly significant. They'll get fined around 30 points at some point in March or April which won't be enough to relegate them and they'll probably finish the season on around 45 points. The Premier League will do it purely because they've already won the last 3 and won't be stripped of them and in order to sell the league as one where "anyone can win unlike Bundesliga" etc.

City could end up out of the Champions League but it's also probable that they win it again and end up qualifying while finishing 15th in the league. Even if that doesn't happen they'll iron-clad most of their contracts and you'll see very few departures of note.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm thinking this season but it won't enough to relegate them. I maintain the Premier League will punish them just enough to be considered a punishment but not enough to be majorly significant. They'll get fined around 30 points at some point in March or April which won't be enough to relegate them and they'll probably finish the season on around 45 points. The Premier League will do it purely because they've already won the last 3 and won't be stripped of them and in order to sell the league as one where "anyone can win unlike Bundesliga" etc.

City could end up out of the Champions League but it's also probable that they win it again and end up qualifying while finishing 15th in the league. Even if that doesn't happen they'll iron-clad most of their contracts and you'll see very few departures of note.
The hearing won't even start until late 2024 so nothing is happening this season.

Any worthwhile punishment has to be during a summer. Would be quite amusing seeing them actually start a season on -30 points as that's a completely different mentality from starting on 0 points with everyone else.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The hearing won't even start until late 2024 so nothing is happening this season.

Any worthwhile punishment has to be during a summer. Would be quite amusing seeing them actually start a season on -30 points as that's a completely different mentality from starting on 0 points with everyone else.
Oh yeah I forgot about transfer bans but I assume it'll be a delayed one so they can make 20 signings to cover their ass.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
@SilentWitness how has Garner been this season out of interest. It's been forgotten how good he was for Forest but I've always expected him to step up to become a proper player and it looks like the Evertonians are raving about him now.
Very good now he's being played in his natural position. He works well with Onana.

city-puma

Very good now he's being played in his natural position. He works well with Onana.
I only watched the game against us with him playing in central midfield with Gueye. He seemed still a bit short physically but he was so calm and played in a way he’s been doing always. It is a huge step up, I would say. I think he can become even better to finish this season.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Even that isn't enough.

My understanding of Everton's charge was that it essentially covered a single season, as you're not allowed to be over a spending limit for a rolling period.

City's charges cover 10 years, with the 5 after that only not being included because they stopped cooperating.

Unfortunately, I think they're getting away with it because to actually punish them fairly essentially requires them to be folded as a club.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I only watched the game against us with him playing in central midfield with Gueye. He seemed still a bit short physically but he was so calm and played in a way he’s been doing always. It is a huge step up, I would say. I think he can become even better to finish this season.
I agree. Physically he's going to struggle at times but with Onana beside him that's nothing to worry about too much as he's a giant. Also Garner is technically very capable so it's going to be fun to see how far he can go.