Everton deducted 10 points for PSR breach (reduced to 6) | Deducted further 2 points for second breach

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Shit.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3788486#:~:text=An independent Commission has imposed,and Sustainability Rules (PSRs).

An independent Commission has imposed an immediate deduction of 10 points on Everton FC for a breach of the Premier League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSRs).

The Premier League issued a complaint against the Club and referred the case to an independent Commission earlier this year. During the proceedings, the Club admitted it was in breach of the PSRs for the period ending Season 2021/22 but the extent of the breach remained in dispute.

Following a five-day hearing last month, the Commission determined that Everton FC’s PSR Calculation for the relevant period resulted in a loss of £124.5million, as contended by the Premier League, which exceeded the threshold of £105million permitted under the PSRs. The Commission concluded that a sporting sanction in the form of a 10-point deduction should be imposed. That sanction has immediate effect.

Click here to read the independent Commission’s full written reasons.

Click here to read a further decision by the Chair of the Commission, dated 9 May 2023, regarding applications from Leicester City FC, Burnley FC, Southampton FC, Leeds United FC and Nottingham Forest FC.

Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member Clubs. The members of the Commission were appointed by the independent Chair of the Premier League Judicial Panel, in accordance with Premier League Rules W.19, W.20 and W.26.

Matt007a

City's lawyers are laughing as they continue to evade anything and everything thrown at them.

This should really set a precedent and be a message to other clubs but I have my doubts.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
cheating pieces of shit, deserve everything they get.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah, City is laughing.
Good thing is Everton is still on 4 points and a win can take them out of relegation zone. Shows how poor the relegation teams are , this season.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Finally, they can go down in peace
Thats them relegated
I think they’ll be ok. At least three clearly worse sides than them all on six point or less, Everton will now drop to four points. Loads of games left to get out of the bottom three.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We could still be out of the relegation zone with a win in the next game. It's lucky we started to pick up form recently and aren't languishing at the bottom.

Very very interested to see how other procedures go now.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think they’ll be ok. At least three clearly worse sides than them all on six point or less, Everton will now drop to four points. Loads of games left to get out of the bottom three.
Oh they'll be fine. They're a semi decent team when they can keep DCL fit.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can see them batter and take the frustration out on whoever they face next.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thats them relegated
I don’t think think so. They’ll drop down to 4 points. They have 26 games to make up a 5 point gap to Bournemouth, 7 points go Fulham and 8 points to Forest. I think Everton catching Bournemouth is pretty likely to be honest

BarcaSpurs

They'll be fine, no chance they get less ppg than Luton, Burnley, Sheff or Bournemouth til the end of the season, basically all level now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Finally, they can go down in peace
Thats them relegated
Still think they'll be fine. Five points from safety isn't that much with over half a season to play, and so far this season they've actually looked quite a bit better than a few of the teams they'll be competing against. More so than their previous league position suggested even.

didz

Literally could not pick a better season for a points deduction

Garnacho's Shoelaces

City's lawyers are laughing as they continue to evade anything and everything thrown at them.

This should really set a precedent and be a message to other clubs but I have my doubts.
I disagree. If this is the severity of punishment for an isolated and relatively straightforward matter, then City's 15 years of corruption, money laundering and fraudulent reporting is going to have them expelled from the top flight as a bare minimum.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Begs the question, why have we been made an example of and not others?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
@TheReligion Don't think this is bad news for us. Think we will just try and expedite the process and get a points deduction in this season. We aren't challenging this year and top 4 seems a stretch so might as well take our punishment asap.

GazTheLegend

The government white paper finally gets the scalp that everyone knew they'd get. It was inevitable that the heaviest cheating club in the Premier League was going to be done eventually. They'll have to hand all their trophies back now, along with Dominic Calver-Lewin

LARulz

Thats them relegated
They'll be fine. They have done well so far already and the bar this year is low with teams like Burnley, Bournemouth, Luton and Sheffield

Even with this points penalty they aren't bottom I believe

Garnacho's Shoelaces

They definitely aren't though. They know they'll never face anything like that.
Why? It was already proven by UEFA but technically time barred. They could only punish them for frustrating the investigation through noncompliance which was reduced by CAS.

There is no time barring and no CAS route of appeal from the PL case. City are getting expelled and banned from PL as a minimum. It's just a question of whether the FL accept them and at which level.