Everton deducted 10 points for PSR breach (reduced to 6) | Deducted further 2 points for second breach

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't have an irrational hatred for Everton, my girlfriend and her family support them.

That's a fair point about Euro 2028.

I have to been Goodison about ten or eleven years ago as an Everton supporting friend managed to get me a ticket in the gladwys end which was an interesting experience! Even back then you could see that it was very old and either needed renovating or for the team to move.

It's more that they've left it too late and have allowed the stadium costs to spiral. I worry that it will be a £750 million millstone around the neck.
It's part of the same circle with deductions and Usmanov finances. He was part of sponsorships and funding for the stadium. With that gone, aswell as the poor on pitch performances, it's left us in a position where we are one more bad move from obliteration.

Dean60

Supports
Everton
13k bigger doesn't really justify the £750 million it's costing to build though.

Unlike Spurs this stadiums not in London, so it won't attract the same sort of opportunities.

If I was an investor I'd be wary about investing in a club that has struggled on the field for two years in a row with the amount of loans and debts against it.
Have you seen the Everton stadium in numbers?

It should increase our revenue by up to 60 million. Opportunities for concerts, it’s a 365 day a year location.

Also opportunities for naming rights. For example, we lost out on 200 million sponsor for the new stadium due to the Ukraine war.

Just because it’s not in London doesn’t mean anything.

stadium scale in numbers:
https://www.skysports.com/football/video/34065/13072018/everton-provide-update-on-new-52-000-capacity-stadium#:~:text=Everton provide update on new,stadium | Football News | Sky Sports

Increase in revenue:
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-everton-set-for-240m-boost-after-spectacular-development/#:~:text=Everton are expected to move,by £50-£60million.

Pintu

I lost count. Everton has won 44 points on the pitch? How many minus points is it now, is Everton still officially safe?

cpleigh

Supports
Everton
Doesn't sound good.

Everton call in insolvency advisers amid fresh doubt over 777 takeover | Everton | The Guardian
Everton are calling in a leading firm of restructuring and insolvency advisers, the Guardian understands, raising further questions about the proposed takeover of the Premier League club by 777 Partners.
Dreadful article from the Guardian.

They've asked advice on how to restructure the debt, possibly because the stadium is now at a point that they can borrow against it at much lower rates than loans.

Completely normal practice.

MegadrivePerson

Have you seen the Everton stadium in numbers?

Also opportunities for naming rights. For example, we lost out on 200 million sponsor for the new stadium due to the Ukraine war.

Just because it’s not in London doesn’t mean anything.
The £200 million figure was just Moshiri putting his own money in! Even Spurs are still struggling to attract a high paying naming partner.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I lost count. Everton has won 44 points on the pitch? How many minus points is it now, is Everton still officially safe?
Unless we get anymore points added on, yes, we are safe.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Unless we get anymore points added on, yes, we are safe.
If anything, you would probably take about 5-6 pointer now if it meant starting next season clean!

It’s been a fantastic end to the season from Dyche, under so much pressure. It’s been comfortable in the end, and could still easily get another 4-6 points from Luton/Sheff Utd.

Hughie77

Heard they may have to sell Pickford in the summer to balance the books so to speak..
I'd swap him for Onana any day..

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Just feels like you have an irrational hatred for Everton and constantly try to find excuses to be negative about them to be fair.
Of course he does, he's a Liverpool fan. @Megadrive Man

He was part of the Liverpool fan cull, came back as a "United fan" with nothing but good things to say about Liverpool and a really obvious name, and you lot didn't spot it/don't care.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Administration must be a cert now. Don't they have to get a golden share off the premier league to start next season so I assume the deadline for that is early July and of course they've still got to meet the FFP requirements for next season so that means selling at least Onana.

Haven't seen any other groups linked and Moshiri stopped putting money in ages ago so he's the nominal owner really just waiting for 777 to get the go ahead and that's not going to happen now.

Dean60

Supports
Everton
Administration must be a cert now. Don't they have to get a golden share off the premier league to start next season so I assume the deadline for that is early July and of course they've still got to meet the FFP requirements for next season so that means selling at least Onana.

Haven't seen any other groups linked and Moshiri stopped putting money in ages ago so he's the nominal owner really just waiting for 777 to get the go ahead and that's not going to happen now.
Doubt it, there will be another buyer or MSP will take over as per their loan agreement.

777 have an exclusivity agreement that will expire or they will take over, without the exclusivity agreement we probably would have had another buyer by now.

Everton were looking at restructuring debt not insolvency advice as the Guardian headline implied recently. That paper chating wham as usual.

Maybe the bookies could do a special on admin, I’d like to see the odds. Then convert to implied chance, I reckon something like 5% chance. Time will tell.

One thing is for certain though, the Ukraine war could not have come at a worse time for us. Interest rates up, materials cost up, loss of sponsors etc.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We have withdrew our appeal. Imagine after seeing the Forest appeal getting rejected we thought there was no point.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
We have withdrew our appeal. Imagine after seeing the Forest appeal getting rejected we thought there was no point.
You're also safe now, so not going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You're also safe now, so not going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme
Yeah, but also you get more money based on where you finish in the league so points still matter.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yeah, but also you get more money based on where you finish in the league so points still matter.
I know, but you're 6 points behind Palace, so a reduction in a 2 point penalty still leaves you behind them. I'm just pointing it out it probably factored into the decision to withdraw the appeal, as well as the result of Forest's.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know, but you're 6 points behind Palace, so a reduction in a 2 point penalty still leaves you behind them. I'm just pointing it out it probably factored into the decision to withdraw the appeal, as well as the result of Forest's.
Oh yeah, I forgot that Palace had pushed ahead after recent results. Win tomorrow and I'm fairly confident we will secure 15th.