g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Everton manager Ronald Koeman is Sacked | Koeman: "I'm not impressed"

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Weird and dumb transfer dealings haven't helped his cause for sure.

Facing Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal in their first 9 matches is what's done him over though. Other than the last 10 weeks, he's had three very decent full seasons managing in England.

After he got fired at AZ Alkmaar in 2009 I thought he was a parody on a football manager. Nearly pissed myself laughing when Feyenoord signed him, but against my expectations he actually did a wonderful job there. Got his extra experience managing in the Premier League.

Next stop is probably the Dutch national team. They've been so shit the last three years he definitely can't do any worse there.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rooney's signing had a great impact on the manager.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Wonder how this will affect his plans for the Barcelona job?

Really hope Everton aren’t stupid enough to go back to Moyes - actually in many ways I do, but the principle of the same old managers constantly failing and being rewarded with big-ish jobs needs to die. Get some new blood into the league.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If we take Moyes I will have to seriously think about whether football is the right sport for me anymore.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
BREAKING NEWS

SHITE AND STRUGGLING MANAGER IS TOLD TO F*** OFF.

And Jesus I still can’t believe how long we let Moyes plod on! Even Everton know when to cut their losses.

Hope they hire the git now. Relegate them for good measure.
We fired Moyes much sooner than they did Koeman.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rooney's signing had a great impact on the manager.
To be fair Rooney has been good for them. Scored goals for them which none of their other strikers were capable off.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Would you not even take him interim until you get relegated?
:lol: we won't go down. We will finish around 10th.

I'm guessing Duncan Ferguson or the u23 manager will come in?
Unsworth has performed very well but it would be a gamble. It's a shame that someone like Ancelotti would be out of our reach and there isn't a manager in the bracket below him who'd be readily available currently.

Thecarrickfan_2016

Reporter - ''Ronald, Why have you got the sack from Everton ?''

Koeman - '' I wasn't impressed by Manchester United.''

RedDevil-85

Brings joy to my ears :lol:
Watched a few Everton games this season and they have looked absolutely awful and totally clueless going forward.
Lets see if a change of coach can bring them up the table.

Needham

Ancelotti must be wondering when he will ever be able to switch his phone back on.

Needham

To be fair they've had a rotten schedule. They would have stayed up regardless. More moronic behavior from club owners (who don't get enough scrutiny).
Hence my support for initiatives like the Rooney Rule.

Rajma

To be fair they've had a rotten schedule. They would have stayed up regardless. More moronic behavior from club owners (who don't get enough scrutiny).
Poor excuse imo. Same could be said for Burnley (who had no resources and sold their main striker), they've played pretty much all the top teams away from home by now and yet sitting well.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Hence my support for initiatives like the Rooney Rule.
Aye, made this comment in the Moyes thread.

Poor excuse imo. Same could be said for Burnley (who had no resources and sold their main striker), they've played pretty much all the top teams away from home by now and yet sitting well.
That's actually a fair point.

Ekeke

Southampton was Koeman's purple patch. Knew it probably wouldnt last after what he did at Valencia

VanGaalEra

Good, couldn't stand the smug bastard.

Now, let's hope they get someone decent in who can help them win a fecking Merseyside derby!

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Just read the article on the BBC about his sacking and what went on and they're right, Everton really don't have an identity in terms of how they're gonna play.

The team Keown & Dublin put together is probably much better than the one they've been playing, purely because it stops shoe-horning Sigurdsson and other #10's in to unfamiliar positions and adds some pace out wide, but the problem is still going to be goals. They desperately need to sign a ST in January, there's only so long they can continue with Rooney up front.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I actually wanted him to stay and take those blue wankers down, Scouse cnuts.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I actually wanted him to stay and take those blue wankers down, Scouse cnuts.
That would give Liverpool 6 less points every year, wouldn't be too bad :)

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Friend of mine says he wanted a striker in the summer to replace Lukaku but didn't get one (didn't plan on playing Rooney as a 9), is that true?
Board to blame as well in that case.

Jacko21

Friend of mine says he wanted a striker in the summer to replace Lukaku but didn't get one (didn't plan on playing Rooney as a 9), is that true?
Board to blame as well in that case.
Wanted Giroud. Thought they were getting Giroud. Giroud said no.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Problem is, the owners aren't satisfied with "just staying up", which is their good right after spending quite a bit this offseason (I think?). Everton should be the first club alongside Soton to sit just under the big six, but they're not. Their biggest and most obvious failure this season was not replacing Lukaku properly, which is also partly on Koeman.