Everton manager Ronald Koeman is Sacked | Koeman: "I'm not impressed"

Revaulx

Koeman is an obnoxious arse with an opinion of himself that’s far ahead of his actual managerial record. He thoroughly deserved to be sacked. Though one wonders what contributory factors have been caused by Steve Walsh, who presumably oversaw the disastrous transfer window, and Bill Kenwright, who’s in the weird position of running a club that’s no longer his.

Reactions: KM

Steven7290

For all the posts slating Rooney, you're right. I have many arguments with mates who defend him, especially since he's our top scorer but overall in games he's been terrible apart from the first few where the team as whole looked okay. He's capable of little moments of magic still but 90% of the time he's really bad and not worth the time nor effort. It felt like a move which was to make the fans/sponsors happy in a "look, we can attract a huge name" rather than looking at it in a purely footballing basis.

We should be starting with Davies, Gueye, Vlasic, Gylfi, Lookman and
Calvert Lewin. The fact that lookman and Davies have hardly been played is very unfair when they've shown signs of ability when playing compared to the trash that people like Schneiderlin, Rooney and even Siggy have shown this season.
He's Everton's top scorer?

Paul_Scholes18

Moyes - made Rooney the main man at United and gave him a ridiculous 5 year £300k pw contract - Sacked.
Van Gaal - made Rooney captain and repeatedly stated "My captain always plays" irrespective of how sh*te he is - Sacked.
Hodgson - persisted with Rooney as captain and main man - Resigned before he was sacked.
Koeman - re-signed Rooney and tried to shoehorn him into an ill balanced attack - Sacked.

Southgate - had the nous to phase Rooney out of the team, leading to the player's retirement from the England team - Still in post.
Mourinho - had the balls to phase Rooney out of the 1st team, leading to the player returning to Everton - Still in post.

Is there a connection, or is this just a mere coincidence?
Certainly a connection.

The better managers can see the better players around them regardless of names and so will drop Rooney when he don't perform. So basically putting too much faith in Rooney would not be very smart given that he has not been that great since the last two seasons under SAF and the managers that have failed have done stupid things and we would expect them to have strong correlation with stupid things.

Regarding Koeman I don't think playing Rooney has been the problem rather the transfer window they had was not good enough and thinking Rooney would be the savior rather than getting more firepower to replace Lukaku was a big error. Sandro seem not so great either so basically Rooney is one of many poor buys for them (although didn't cost much so maybe one of the better ones among the bad).

He's Everton's top scorer?
Not sure if this was meant as a joke, but yes he is. 4 goals in the league, 5 overall.

Niasse has 3 in the league and 4 overall. No other player scored in the league for Everton.

Baby Groot

For all the posts slating Rooney, you're right. I have many arguments with mates who defend him, especially since he's our top scorer but overall in games he's been terrible apart from the first few where the team as whole looked okay. He's capable of little moments of magic still but 90% of the time he's really bad and not worth the time nor effort. It felt like a move which was to make the fans/sponsors happy in a "look, we can attract a huge name" rather than looking at it in a purely footballing basis.

We should be starting with Davies, Gueye, Vlasic, Gylfi, Lookman and
Calvert Lewin. The fact that lookman and Davies have hardly been played is very unfair when they've shown signs of ability when playing compared to the trash that people like Schneiderlin, Rooney and even Siggy have shown this season.
So do Everton fans feel that Rooney has brought with him all the problems that were evident in his game in last few years at United?

moodyred

For all the post slating Rooney. He was with United for many years and have contributed to the success of the team. Granted that he is not the player he was before, but there is no need to keep having a go at an ex-United player.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Wessex Saint

Supports
Southampton
Koeman is an obnoxious arse with an opinion of himself that’s far ahead of his actual managerial record. He thoroughly deserved to be sacked. Though one wonders what contributory factors have been caused by Steve Walsh, who presumably oversaw the disastrous transfer window, and Bill Kenwright, who’s in the weird position of running a club that’s no longer his.
Yes, and as a Saint, the schadenfreude of this really is quite sweet.

However, I don't want to be too revisionist about this. When he arrived with us, we were in turmoil after our previous manager had said that he had a contract in place and saw no reason to enter discussions yet to extend it (funny, that's what Koeman said as well before walking out) and the owner seemingly happy to sell anyone and everyone. He was the right person for us. He brought stability, steadied the ship and brought in some players. And a club our size, we can't complain too much about where we finished, although some of the games we lost, we really should not have.

There were always murmurings of things not so good behind the scenes. There was also a rumour that he was close to being sacked during our really poor patch - something like 1 win in 10 games - and that he was playing golf in Portugal too much. Some players also had the hump with him.

We always knew that Barca was the goal, and maybe that he would hang around a bit longer before taking the Arsenal job. Everton made sense though. From finishing 11th or whatever it was, it wasn't really too difficult to get them to where they should have been. And I am sure that his agent (the same one as van Dijk has) is more than pleased with the financial aspect of it all.

Revaulx

He brought stability, steadied the ship and brought in some players.

There were always murmurings of things not so good behind the scenes. Some players also had the hump with him.

We always knew that Barca was the goal, and maybe that he would hang around a bit longer before taking the Arsenal job.
Interesting, as these were all true of his time at Everton as well!

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
what do you expect when you see the same posters with varying degrees from disdain to hate against Jose when the rumours started that he was a candidate for the Job, those very same melts were pining over Klopp and when Jose Joined us and Klopp joined pool they had a meltdown. Do you think they would still openly say the would prefer Klop right now? You can't please everybody all of the time and if you don't like someone then irrespective of what happens you will find an excuse to have a dig at them They will lie in wait with their insults getting more and more frustrated when we are winning because they have all this animosity pent up until God forbid a draw or a loss until then the will crawl back under the rocks from whence they came.

They are easy to spot because when someone gives them a counterpoint or disagrees with them they come out with "were not allowed to criticize Jose" or words to that effect when no one has ever said that. What they need to realises is that if they are going to come up with an emotional or bias opinion or any opinion for that matter they had better be able to back it up or not throw a tantrum because someone disagrees or differs with them.

me personally I don't like what I see from certain players and certain games and that is clearly down to the fact we lack a good number of top-level players in key positions. However I thought this at various times under SAF and Big Ron, I won't just throw out the old tired rhetoric about ultra-defensive manager and "coward" and "can't coach attacking blah blah.

If people want a particular style of football irrespective of the results then they will always take the opportunity to have a dig or insult whoever they support and whoever the manager is.
Very true

It's agenda posting at its finest.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
There’s no excuse for Everton not spending on a proper striker. They have the money and Lukaku told them in March he wanted to leave.

They should have had a list a shortlist of targets drawn up there and then, to be thoroughly scouted til the end of the season and then started negotiating with clubs in June.

Why wait until deadline day to try and get one? Ridiculous.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
The team has no ability to play out of the back now. All the centre backs are poor on the ball, Baines has lost his pace so he wont risk it and whoever has been forced into right back hasn't been good enough. Lukaku was the outball for them , he could hold ball up from long balls and his presence alone would frighten teams. Then to make matters worse we lost Barkley. The only player in the team who could recieve the ball with men around him and still keep it. So i can sort of see where he is getting at and how much of a blow it was for him not getting Giroud but not getting full backs and a centre back who could play should of been a priority aswell. Also thinking Sigurdsson was good enough to replace Barkley was another stupid move.

Revaulx

The team has no ability to play out of the back now. All the centre backs are poor on the ball, Baines has lost his pace so he wont risk it and whoever has been forced into right back hasn't been good enough. Lukaku was the outball for them , he could hold ball up from long balls and his presence alone would frighten teams. Then to make matters worse we lost Barkley. The only player in the team who could recieve the ball with men around him and still keep it. So i can sort of see where he is getting at and how much of a blow it was for him not getting Giroud but not getting full backs and a centre back who could play should of been a priority aswell. Also thinking Sigurdsson was good enough to replace Barkley was another stupid move.
Spot on. I’ve no desire to let Koeman off the hook, but surely Walsh needs to share some of the blame?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For all the post slating Rooney. He was with United for many years and have contributed to the success of the team. Granted that he is not the player he was before, but there is no need to keep having a go at an ex-United player.
He's an absolute shit shower of a human being.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I get that Lukaku is a big loss, especially considering Everton's defenders would just hoof it to him in any game where they came under pressure, but Koeman clearly knew Lukaku was off for a while, because he kept bloody moaning about it through the second half of last season.

Also regardless of that, he's done nothing to address the fact his team can't play out from defence against half decent sides. His solution was to just sign a bunch of players who happened to be available but don't fit in with any kind of actual plan or address any weakness in Everton's squad. On top of which none of them are actually that good anyway. Pretty much all of them are the type of players you sign if you're expecting a relegation battle.

Problem is whoever takes over from him now inherits the mess. They'll have to change the style of play completely to piece together some kind of functional team.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Man has lost it.

He had a shit disorganised defence which contributed to their constant losses. No idea why he thinks giroud would solve that.

RedDevil@84

So Giroud came to Merseyside, and into the Everton complex, saw everything and said feck ya'all. This place is shite

Is that why Koeman got sacked

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
So Giroud came to Merseyside, and into the Everton complex, saw everything and said feck ya'all. This place is shite

Is that why Koeman got sacked
Probably looked out the window to see Wazza huffing around the training pitch and thought 'I'm gonna be the fallguy when that fecker can't get the ball near me'.

Last edited:

el3mel

Giroud upfront with Rooney, Klasseden, Sigurdsson.

Feck me that would have been the slowed EPL team ever.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Chicharito would have been the proper signing. He can get in behind with pace, has history with Rooney and pretty much will guarantee goal.

Also could have done with a tricky winger .

There's no pace, no creativity and if Rooney doesn't score nobody else will.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Reminds me of another dutchman!

el3mel

I disagree .. I think Giroud would have been a vital addition. Sigurdson + Giroud looks a pretty neat attack.
Giroud is a great finisher but he's very slow. He's surrounded with some fast players in Arsenal so they're using him to his strength. Can't see him succeeding with the very slow set up of Everton.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Talking nonsense. If he knew we couldn't tempt Giroud why did we not have any backups in case that went tits up? He knows he fecked up and he's trying to worm his way out of it.

SambaBoy

I think Benteke would have been a great signing for them at the expense of Sigurddson or Klassen. Would allow them the outball they had in Lukaku although Benteke is better with his back to goal and is better in the air, still quite quick too and very dangerous in the box.

Getting Bolaise and Barkley back will be a big help providing they haven't lost too much from their injuries especially Bolaise. They are unpredictable and creative and will create/score chances for Everton. They need to bring in a top striker in January and not panic buy. If the right man is not available, then make use of the loan move like they use to be so good at doing over the year.

Bring in a top CB if Funes Mori continues to have injury problems (probably could do with an extra man there anyway), and bring in a full-back or two and they will be back to competing in the top half.

Too many players are past it or failed at other clubs trying to reinvent their careers.