Everton Soares

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The guy finished as top scorer at the Copa America. Not sure of your assessment of his finishing being inconsistent. Rashford has been wasteful and Martial decides to turn it on in the games he likes to. Ben Yedder shouldn't even be considered. Not sure how he even joined the conversation. The guy is 28 and hasn't really proved himself. I would rather get Vardy instead of Ben Yedder. I do however agree with the need of a RW and I propose Pepe.
Copa America is shit and he still only scored 3 goals so being top scorer is nowhere near as impressive as it sounds. Next.

Macern

Pee pee pants
The guy finished as top scorer at the Copa America. Not sure of your assessment of his finishing being inconsistent. Rashford has been wasteful and Martial decides to turn it on in the games he likes to. Ben Yedder shouldn't even be considered. Not sure how he even joined the conversation. The guy is 28 and hasn't really proved himself. I would rather get Vardy instead of Ben Yedder. I do however agree with the need of a RW and I propose Pepe.
So you’re saying his finishing isn’t inconsistent because he scored 3 goals in the Copa America? Blimey. If you had watched the games you’d see how many shots he missed as well. Martial and Rashford are better finishers, and Ben Yedder is a significantly better finisher. Ben Yedder has proved himself this season hence the 4 caps for France.

beingshe7don

Copa America is shit and he still only scored 3 goals so being top scorer is nowhere near as impressive as it sounds. Next.
So you’re saying his finishing isn’t inconsistent because he scored 3 goals in the Copa America? Blimey. If you had watched the games you’d see how many shots he missed as well. Martial and Rashford are better finishers, and Ben Yedder is a significantly better finisher. Ben Yedder has proved himself this season hence the 4 caps for France.
I've seen enough of Martial and Rashford (for 3 seasons) to take notice that they are not the best of finishers. Everton is not the finished article but I can see him performing like Tevez did for us.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I've seen enough of Martial and Rashford (for 3 seasons) to take notice that they are not the best of finishers. Everton is not the finished article but I can see him performing like Tevez did for us.
Martial is a pretty good finisher imo. Rashford is inconsistent in his finishing like Everton, but his ability to shoot from a lot of different positions makes him better than Everton in that aspect. I don’t really understand how you can want us to sign him as a striker. It’d be like playing a young Nani as a striker.

Le Red

Being a Brazilian I thought "who the feck is Everton Soares?"
Then I open the thread and find it's about Everton Cebolinha.
Pretty good player. But another left winger doesn't seem likely.

Nick7

Being a Brazilian I thought "who the feck is Everton Soares?"
Then I open the thread and find it's about Everton Cebolinha.
Pretty good player. But another left winger doesn't seem likely.
Whys he called Cebolinha?

Le Red

Whys he called Cebolinha?
Means "little onion". He was given the nickname by a teammate because he looks like a very famous comic character. Just google "cebolinha turma da monica" and you'll see. His head does look like an onion nevertheless. :lol:

Nick7

Means "little onion". He was given the nickname by a teammate because he looks like a very famous comic character. Just google "cebolinha turma da monica" and you'll see. His head does look like an onion nevertheless. :lol:
Holy shit :lol: :lol:

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Globoesporte who is very credible in Brazil said we are one of the interested clubs.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Apparently he is Arsenal bound (multiple Brazilian sources)

25m-30m range. Lets hope we don't regret going for this

OleGunnar20

Looks like he might have something about him from the clips, but hey surely the last thing we need is another LW!

Martial / James / Sanchez / Rashford - Pretty comfortable there.

Lingard / Mata / Chong - Serviceable options if really stretched.

Find me a RW who knows the difference between his teammates heads and the opponents shins and give him anything he wants.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Fair price for a player who just got a sky rocket market value increase. You can resell him by half price mimimum at the end of the season if it doesn't work.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't want any more South American gambles. We have been stung too many times.

Mark Pawelek

Find me a RW who knows the difference between his teammates heads and the opponents shins and give him anything he wants.
The key modern winger skill is coming inside and taking a shot. LWs shoot with their right, RWs shoot with the left. Right-footed out-number left-footed players about 10-1. Add to that: traditional, head high crosses are not so great here because we don't really have gaol-heading strikers. When Lukaku leaves we'll have none.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Typical Hype. 23 years old, stuck in Brasils Serie A and hasn´t archived anything worth mentioning untill this summer. Around 40 Mio. € is the price for a (lower) middle class player.

MUFC OK

The key modern winger skill is coming inside and taking a shot. LWs shoot with their right, RWs shoot with the left. Right-footed out-number left-footed players about 10-1. Add to that: traditional, head high crosses are not so great here because we don't really have gaol-heading strikers. When Lukaku leaves we'll have none.
How do you explain Leroy Sane? Pep likes his wingers to stay wide to stretch the play, no point having two wingers constant cutting in unless you have offensive width from your fullbacks.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder why Everton aren't interested in Everton.

It worked for Arsenal with Arsene.

Mark Pawelek

How do you explain Leroy Sane? Pep likes his wingers to stay wide to stretch the play, no point having two wingers constant cutting in unless you have offensive width from your fullbacks.
Yippee - in theory, we now have overlapping fullbacks. The point I made wasn't this is how things should be, more a case of this is how things are because coaches made it like that. I see a lot of Sane's goals and assists are first or 2nd touch efforts. City coaches are clearly instructing the team to make chances as soon at they've wrong footed the opposition. Don't give your opponents time to settle. Hit them when they're reorganizing. Also: Sane may play wide but his assists are mostly made from within the box; so the ball has less distance to travel and defenders not so much time to react.

Last edited:

NFM

Totally agree. I can't understand this mania for compressing the size of the pitch by getting wide players to continually come inside. Its a sign of their inability to beat the opposing fullback. A really good winger doesn't just cross a ball 'to heads' , they pinpoint crosses to feet, like Sane does regularly. Steve Coppell used to be excellent at this. Wingers should make the pitch as wide as possible and create 'space' for forwards/midfielders. It seems like a lost art at United who used to be the best at it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Guardiola uses the fullbacks to bolster the midfield and so he needs the wingers to provide the width. Those wingers still are asked to cut towards the goal all the time, just instead of cutting in front of the defence with the ball, they cut behind the defence without

They also have two AMs who get into the box consistently. City bring 3 or 4 players into the box on every attack

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Totally agree. I can't understand this mania for compressing the size of the pitch by getting wide players to continually come inside. Its a sign of their inability to beat the opposing fullback. A really good winger doesn't just cross a ball 'to heads' , they pinpoint crosses to feet, like Sane does regularly. Steve Coppell used to be excellent at this. Wingers should make the pitch as wide as possible and create 'space' for forwards/midfielders. It seems like a lost art at United who used to be the best at it.
To be fair. Rather than a dying art. We simply haven't had those players since Nani left. James is our first natural winger in the first team in ages.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

His head is very onion like. What can you tell me about him? I don't know anything really.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He's leaving after Copa America and is available for around 30m. I rate him a lot, he plays for my team
What's he like? Is his game similar to anyone else's?

I'm an Arsenal fan that knows nothing about him.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Doesn´t has to do with what Peps likes. Sané is just not capable to play like Ribery, Robben, B. Silva, D. Silva, Messi, Zyiech or other inverted wingers. He is a type like D. Costa and Coman. Pep used them also as wide wingers. Running fast is Sane´s biggest strength.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Are you Brazilian? Watched all dozen or so national team games?

What can you tell me about him?
No I’m not Brazilian, I’m from Northern Ireland :lol:.

He’s very quick and good technically on the ball, good dribbler and can beat a man. On highligh reels this makes him look good, the problem is he plays with his head down, his passing is questionable as is his decision making. Also defensively he is a bit lazy.

Why do people find it hard to believe that fans watch football matches?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

He’s very quick and good technically on the ball, good dribbler and can beat a man. On highligh reels this makes him look good, the problem is he plays with his head down, his passing is questionable as is his decision making. Also defensively he is a bit lazy.

Close enough.

Don't you know that everyone is an expert scout on here? Why old mate Red Indian is renowned for having watched every young talent across every league, even if he would have needed 25 hours a day to have done it.

I find it hard to believe that everyday people have time enough to catch their own team's games, let alone games of (say) Gremio, or random tournaments in Brazil.

Sterling Archer

C'mon, don't play so coy. The cafe is full of just that. Our matchday threads, almost every one, will have someone chime in with, "not watching the match but it sure sounds like Lingard was shit". And then that just propagates into opinions as though they were formed from actually watching the matches.

Anyway, kudos for being so passionate as to watch all those Brazil Copa games in the middle of the night from N Ireland. I couldn't be arsed to stay up past nine even in the Americas to keep up.

Le Red

:lol:

His head is very onion like. What can you tell me about him? I don't know anything really.
I'm no expert on him either to be honest. Only watched a handful of games. He does need to work his defending and off the ball movement but he has the skill and speed to create havoc in the left.

Ballist1x

For that kind of money we should definitely be trying to buy.

Rather than let him move to the EPL and try to buy him for £80 million in 2 years time.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
C'mon, don't play so coy. The cafe is full of just that. Our matchday threads, almost every one, will have someone chime in with, "not watching the match but it sure sounds like Lingard was shit". And then that just propagates into opinions as though they were formed from actually watching the matches.

Anyway, kudos for being so passionate as to watch all those Brazil Copa games in the middle of the night from N Ireland. I couldn't be arsed to stay up past nine even in the Americas to keep up.
Nah I watch a lot of football on my commute to work, just download it and move it to my iPad, I certainly don’t watch every game everywhere, I like the flair and passion of the Copa. It’s really the only other thing I watch outside the PL apart from some French and Spanish football, usually the big games.