Everton vs. Man United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distracted Steward

The scary thing is there is no sign of an objective. This could all be forgiven of there were painful reform underway. There's no such thing. It's like watching someone drown with their arms by their side.

Everton showed an identity and an understanding. That's what you get when you have planning, leadership, and application.

Both sides absolutely deserved the result. The stats were the only unfair thing. Passing and possession are nothing without deliberate intent. If Moses believes what he said post match, count me out of the last few of the lot calling for patience.

BW.k

Jones is pants at CB against big teams I don't know why moyes prefers him to Smalling when the latter could have dealt with Lukaka in the air and Jones would have played RB as he's better than Smalling at it. Horrendous decision.

Nozzy

Jones is pants at CB against big teams I don't know why moyes prefers him to Smalling when the latter could have dealt with Lukaka in the air and Jones would have played RB as he's better than Smalling at it. Horrendous decision.
Jones did fine at RB in Munich, against the best. Perhaps David wasn't there to see the lad. Personally, I'd have used his youth & combativeness, alongside Carrick or Fletcher, yesterday.

Will David use Jones inept CB display, in order to ship him out? Headless Phil can be but selling rather than nurturing, would be wrong.

JaapStam1986

One thing that I don't understand is why, after thumping Newcastle 4-0 with Kagawa, Mata, Januzaj & Hernandez on the pitch with 3 of those players scoring, did Moyes make 6 changes to the side yesterday? Rooney should have been on the bench as he is still recovering from injury, Evans is only just back as well. The only change Moyes should have made is De Gea in for Lindergard. All the other players that were on the pitch for the Newcastle game should have played.

Nozzy

One thing that I don't understand is why, after thumping Newcastle 4-0 with Kagawa, Mata, Januzaj & Hernandez on the pitch with 3 of those players scoring, did Moyes make 6 changes to the side yesterday? Rooney should have been on the bench as he is still recovering from injury, Evans is only just back as well. The only change Moyes should have made is De Gea in for Lindergard. All the other players that were on the pitch for the Newcastle game should have played.
I was expecting experience, strength & pace. This is not being wise after the fact, I just thought Valencia at RB was obvious, that a mix of experience & youth at CB worked against Munich, that Jones can be headless (use him in midfield), that Welbeck is strong & quick & did well against attacking width in Munich, that Kagawa is the better no10 for us in this fixture, that Hernadez would send their CB's dizzy & that the only palce Rooney would fit in, was, well, where I've put him.

---------------De Gea------------------
Valencia----Smalling----Vidic/Rio----Evra
---------Carrick-----Jones------------
-----Rooney----Kagawa-----Welbeck-----

--------------Hernandez-----------------

Why didn't David see any of this, see that playing Nani & Evans after long lay offs was ridiculous & that we needed strength throughout & some threat up front?

BW.k

Jones did fine at RB in Munich, against the best. Perhaps David wasn't there to see the lad. Personally, I'd have used his youth & combativeness, alongside Carrick or Fletcher, yesterday.

Will David use Jones inept CB display, in order to ship him out? Headless Phil can be but selling rather than nurturing, would be wrong.
I'd be absolutely gutted of Moyes sell Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.