Everton vs. Man United

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmat

Everton had half the possession we had yet had more shots, more on target,the same number of touches in our half as we did in theirs, and had more touches in our box than we had in their

The players have packe dit in and aren't playing for him - I don't blame them. Sack him or buy 26 new players.

CantonaGiggs1

The only win we have had against the top 6 teams is against Arsenal (1-0) at OT.

That is inexcusable. Moyes needs to be sacked.

Esquire

David May and Louis Saha on MUTV now...
How some people are blaming Moyes for this defeat is beyond me. He put up the most attacking, talanted and (on paper atleast) the most sensible team. Was he to know that Wayne Rooney was dreaming about shagging fecking 50 year old women or Juan Mata was too busy wanking over his beard.

Absolute fecking disgraceful performance by the players and a big feck you to this shit system we all fecking love. Give a man a 25inch penis and get him to put it into a girl that wont have it and what do you get? feck all. Please get rid of these cnuts who do the same shit and give me a set of wingers.
You're right. Let's just appoint the janitor as manager. Because a manager has absolutely no bearing how the players execute the game plan (sorry I along with a lot of people here could not discern what it was today) and adjust to in-game situations. He also has no impact on how motivated players should be.

I'm sorry for being snippy. You are right the players were horrendous today but if the manager adds no value to the team in terms of tactics, player performance and motivation, whilst yet on a 6 year multi million pounds contract; you're dead wrong in saying he should not be blamed.

CantonaGiggs1

Everton had half the possession we had yet had more shots, more on target,the same number of touches in our half as we did in theirs, and had more touches in our box than we had in their

The players have packe dit in and aren't playing for him - I don't blame them. Sack him or buy 26 new players.

That is why possession football is overrated. Nothing more effective than speed and counter attacking football. That is the football that I love.

gasmanc

Banned
have you watched football before? everton put ten men behind the ball at home and only looked dangerous when they smashed it to kaku. sadly thats how you beat us this season :(
Really that's not the only way you beat us this season.
Schooled tactically on every level, they sat a 6 in front our 6 and marked the zones knowing full well we would struggle to break them down. Martinez tactically was spot on and the hunger and belief in the system was apparent in his players, very easy win for Everton really.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Beating Arsenal was an accident then. We simply haven't delivered against anyone else. Astonishing considering that we won the league last season and we have a core group of players experienced in winning big games.
no. it was not an accident. we controlled the midfield in that match. simple. we gave them possession...but they could do nothing with it. If Jones had not had to go back into defence, they would have had no chances against us.

CantonaGiggs1

yeah it was very similar to ours vs bayern at home, just sit and sit and scrap and then hope to make a chance at the other end.. might not have worked so well if we had a left and right back in the squad
You make it sound like Everton parked the bus(with no plan). Everton completely destroyed us today in every which way.

Crashoutcassius

Schooled tactically on every level, they sat a 6 in front our 6 and marked the zones knowing full well we would struggle to break them down. Martinez tactically was spot on and the hunger and belief in the system was apparent in his players, very easy win for Everton really.
ye he did well tactically by putting the team sitting and hoping to get a goal. got a nice handball and then could just park the bus more comfortably. horrible line up for us today to try play vs coleman and lukaku, fletch and carrick just don't have the legs and buttner is the worst left back in the league

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
they completely controlled the match. Thats what is sickening. Tactically Moyes has been naive throughout this season. I am scratching my head about what Fergie saw in him.

Esquire

David May on MUTV tried to justify by saying "we had nothing to play for today and Everton had the bit between their teeth"... wow.

Crashoutcassius

You make it sound like Everton parked the bus(with no plan). Everton completely destroyed us today in every which way.
haha plenty said we were going well until the goal. im not saying we were good. everton absolutely did park the bus and hit it long to cause us problems tho. Apart from that coleman on buttner is a recipe for disaster.

I'm simply asking is there some irony that moyes sets up to pass away from home and martinez sets up to hit it long at home after all thats been said this season?

CantonaGiggs1

ye he did well tactically by putting the team sitting and hoping to get a goal. got a nice handball and then could just park the bus more comfortably. horrible line up for us today to try play vs coleman and lukaku, fletch and carrick just don't have the legs and buttner is the worst left back in the league

What the heck?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Amazing how Moyes can instil no passion, drive, hunger in our players...
:lol: it's an amazing job, when you think about it. These guys are players with proven mentally tough for years, but one man can drag them down in less than a year.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Carragher on Sky: what is the plan? what are they doing? the substitutions... it's hard to understand.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Wow, Carra, is the only person dig deep and talking real sense. Dwight and Nev still seem to shire away.
Thought the same. York a bit desperate to get the players blamed. Carra talking sense and asking the right questions.

Esquire

When I had it, the look of dread on the pundits on phone ins after defeats. They just wanted to be somewhere else.
You should see May talking trash now. He clearly wants to swear and say the crap was utterly crap but he can't. Yet he needs to defend the Moyes position against disgruntled callers. To be fair he did say we looked bad today and never threatened.

Saha very diplomatically shredded the Fletcher/Carrick partnership.

The host asked Saha when he played for Everton what's Moyes' best quality. Saha answered "he is a hard worker". Enough said.

RuudTom83

The Players showed today that they are not willing to fight for DM...i find it frustrating to watch millionaires hide behind the manager knowing he will take most of the criticism, such an easy excuse for the players.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

They can't afford to buy that many players. If they all start asking for transfer, bar Rooney of course, the board will wet themselves.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow, Carra, is the only person digging deep and talking real sense. Dwight and Nev still seem to shire away.
it's because all our ex players are still ambassadors and can't speak freely.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Carragher commenting on Moyes' statement, unbelievable how much sense he's talking.- basically saying, United too slow and possession means nothing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Carragher commenting on Moyes' statement, unbelievable how much sense he's talking.
He may have been a twat against us, but he's a football man, and rivalries aside he can see the problems. He's almost willing us to be better.

gasmanc

Banned
They completely controlled the game (as @Red Dreams says) the warnings were clear from their first attack but we didn't adapt we just carried on playing against their wall of 6. The minute our dopey attempts at attacking broke down it was shooting fish in a barrel and once the goal came it was a simple case of rinse and repeat because our management failed to change anything and when the change came it was to play 3/4 players out of position.
If you call it parking the bus then fine but it just shows the adaptability of Everton's manager and how he can teach his players to work in a new system without rebuilding a whole new team. Clueless inept management and judging by his post match interview I felt I was looking at a very worried man.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
He may have been a twat against us, but he's a football man, and rivalries aside he can see the problems. He's almost willing us to be better.
Sounded like it. He was almost getting annoyed especially when Moyes mentioned how we controlled the game and had possession.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
How some people are blaming Moyes for this defeat is beyond me. He put up the most attacking, talanted and (on paper atleast) the most sensible team. Was he to know that Wayne Rooney was dreaming about shagging fecking 50 year old women or Juan Mata was too busy wanking over his beard.

Absolute fecking disgraceful performance by the players and a big feck you to this shit system we all fecking love. Give a man a 25inch penis and get him to put it into a girl that wont have it and what do you get? feck all. Please get rid of these cnuts who do the same shit and give me a set of wingers.
Not entirely sure what this means but I'm all for it.

bugmat

Wow, Carra, is the only person digging deep and talking real sense. Dwight and Nev still seem to shire away.
Have to stick to the Old Trafford line about patience, etc and if anything that it's the players not playing, when it's obviously the manager not managing to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.