g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Everything we feared about Jose Mourinho could be coming to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Hit their weaknesses? Spurs were not fantastic today, and we won by a v v poor bit of defending, from a goal-kick. If that is hit a team at their weakness, then I truly hope we approach other games with more imagination.

Man City visited Chelsea recently and battered them, comprehensively. Totally outplayed them. That wasn't won on single details, City just played a terrific, all-round game. I want to see us do that against better teams, because at some point we will need to.
Err, what about Martial moving behind their defenses and utilising ? Don't you know these kind of long balls are very characteristic for Mourinho's teams ? Go and watch Inter goals in 2010 final.

Not this City- Chelsea game again please :

1 - Chelsea played the game 48 hours after playing at Spain against Atletico, a game that ended with a goal in last minute, to return and play the exact team 48 hours later against a team pressing crazy as City..
2 - Chelsea lost their main defender, David Luiz, due to a red card earlier.
3 - Chelsea lost their main striker during the game, had to put Willian and played most of the game without a striker upfront, intentionally sacrificing any will to win and hoped for a draw due to losing their main men and the exhaustion of their team.

City is a great team and at all but face it : Chelsea weren't even at their best condition in this game.

Anyone who's still annoyed about the result today will probably never get happy again imo. We made the best out of what we had.

Janson

I don’t think existing fans will jump. But new kids growing up may decide to support Man City. It takes a generation to build or lose a brand. If you don’t understand all these things, it’s pointless to accuse others of being a WUM.
How can they decide to support City when their dads will be teaching them to support United?:) But it won't surprise me if all the Pep worshipers on here decide to jump ship.

ChaddyP

Err, what about Martial moving behind their defenses and utilising ? Don't you know these kind of long balls are very characteristic for Mourinho's teams ? Go and watch Inter goals in 2010 final.

Not this City- Chelsea game again please :

1 - Chelsea played the game 48 hours after playing at Spain against Atletico, a game that ended with a goal in last minute, to return and play the exact team 48 hours later against a team pressing crazy as City..
2 - Chelsea lost their main defender, David Luiz, due to a red card earlier.
3 - Chelsea lost their main striker during the game, had to put Willian and played most of the game without a striker upfront, intentionally sacrificing any will to win and hoped for a draw due to losing their main men and the exhaustion of their team.

City is a great team and at all but face it : Chelsea weren't even at their best condition in this game.

Anyone who's still annoyed about the result today will probably never get happy again imo. We made the best out of what we had.
why the feck did Conte not put on batshayi right away is slightly strange. why conte didnt rotate a bit more is strange. Why conte played the most defensive game at home is also strange. credit to city, they hammered chelsea .

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Everything we feared about turkey and ham sandwiches may be coming true, and sooner than we all expected.

Foxbatt

How can they decide to support City when their dads will be teaching them to support United?:) But it won't surprise me if all the Pep worshipers on here decide to jump ship.
Correct. United did not have all those young supporters in the 70s because we were winning. We won feck all those days. A cup here and there yet we had the most attendance not only for one season but season after season. To all Pep supporters here they can go and jump into the Manchester Canal. Support our team our club and our Manager. Not the noisy one next door.

ti vu

why the feck did Conte not put on batshayi right away is slightly strange. why conte didnt rotate a bit more is strange. Why conte played the most defensive game at home is also strange. credit to city, they hammered chelsea .
Go find that thread. Chelsea posters said it themselves and even admitted their board didn't do well enough to add depth to their forward option. That Belgium forward can't hold up play well nor lead the line in counter. He's more of finisher. It's not like he was playing many games last season and now Conte out of fear of City refused to play him. There is a reason Chelsea actively after Llorente after getting Morata.

dirkey

If you actually watch the entire 90 minutes of our games then you'll quickly see that we've not clicked in attack. Even in those very kind fixtures at the beginning of the season we didn't have commanding attacking performances.

Compare it to City, Spurs and even Liverpool at times and you can see that our attack isn't firing on all cylinders.
Ah, hipster spurs and Liverpool. Despite scoring 4 and 6 goals less than us, they're better at attacking. Because goals between x and y minutes don't count. Only goals scored at times when those teams score count. Makes sense

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Ah, hipster spurs and Liverpool. Despite scoring 4 and 6 goals less than us, they're better at attacking. Because goals between x and y minutes don't count. Only goals scored at times when those teams score count. Makes sense
If you failed to understand what I meant and actually think that we've had a slick and cohesive attack so far in the season then I see no point in discussing further with you.

Mkhitaryan has great assist and goal stats this season, think he has been good?

Likewise our goal stats this season flatters us and doesn't tell the whole story.

dirkey

If you failed to understand what I meant and actually think that we've had a slick and cohesive attack so far in the season then I see no point in discussing further with you.

Mkhitaryan has great assist and goal stats this season, think he has been good?

Likewise our goal stats this season flatters us and doesn't tell the whole story.
Attacking is about scoring goals. We score goals. Slick stuff will come. Some people just refuse to be happy. Liverpool can fanny the ball around all they like looking slick and cohesive. Think their fans are happy?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Attacking is about scoring goals. We score goals. Slick stuff will come. Some people just refuse to be happy. Liverpool can fanny the ball around all they like looking slick and cohesive. Think their fans are happy?
I am happy about our results so far, but having seen every single full match we've played I can't really say we've clicked in attack.

The cohesion and form in attack has been better for City, Spurs and Liverpool. What seperates us from Spurs and Liverpool is that we've been much more clinical with our chances, meanwhile they both are more fluid and coordinated in attack than us.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Everything we feared about turkey and ham sandwiches may be coming true, and sooner than we all expected.
'Those sandwiches are past their sell-by date, and they're not as trendy as the ones over the road.'

Andersons Dietician

Are you a City wum? Serious question. You imply that our fans will jump ship to City, and that sums up your mentality frankly. It's not like City Oil FC are a new phenomenon. They have won 2 leagues and spunked billions since 2008. If they don't fill their stadium now, when can we expect them to? I've been hearing this since 2008.
Don’t think he did imply that at all.

Foxbatt

Jose is doing whatever it takes to win matches. Style will come afterwards. Remember what happened when we tried the " philosophy"?

Josep Dowling

Is it just me or anyone else getting a bit peeved off with this City this /City that narrative? Maybe I am a bit jealous but feck em ,, why can't we just enjoy what we are doing at the moment compared to last 4 years of turd? We all knew what we were getting when we signed Mourinho. Rant over.
Precisely the issue for a lot of fans though. City have set the benchmark this year and some fans aren’t happy we don’t play like them.

When you compare to what we have seen over the last 4 seasons we should be relatively happy.

Oooh_aaah_cantona

Dude, the world has changed. Haha.

Kids teach their dad what to do now.

moonunderthewater

Jose - As soon as the final whistle went, he made for the camera and finger up to his lips. He actually knows we don't like this style of football. The man has no class. Things will get worse

Irishman

He actually knows we don't like this style of football. The man has no class. Things will get worse
Hard to take this view seriously when you can see that Mourinho has turned the club around in no more than 18 months and made us competitive again.

As for having no class I think some of our fans are needing to take a long hard look at themselves rather than Mourinho!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
1, 2 trophies in his first season
2, top of CL group
3, 2nd in the league.

Wumminator is correct when he said:

I truly believe Wumminator is a rival fan. This thread title would fit perfectly if it was in the RAWK or Bluemoon form.

Oooh_aaah_cantona

Mou is like those kind of person, which if he was playing FIFA, after scoring first in the 2nd min, would proceed to pass the ball around in his backline. Then score on a counter attack in the 89th min and proceed to rub it in your face.

He is win at all cost. That will always divide opinion. I don’t quite mind that mentality as I also like winning myself. But as a football fan as well as a Man Utd fan, it’s just not too enjoyable to watch.

rpitchfo

Jose is doing whatever it takes to win matches. Style will come afterwards. Remember what happened when we tried the " philosophy"?
No style won't come afterwards. Those hoping that this is some kind of defensive foundation Jose is building before adopting a free flowing attacking style are in for a long wait. What your watching now...well that's it. This is how he will set up to play in the vast majority of games until he leaves. We might even win the league doing it as well.

Foxbatt

No style won't come afterwards. Those hoping that this is some kind of defensive foundation Jose is building before adopting a free flowing attacking style are in for a long wait. What your watching now...well that's it. This is how he will set up to play in the vast majority of games until he leaves. We might even win the league doing it as well.
That is your opinion. But in Real he played attacking football and I think had the most number of goals scored too in the La Liga. If he is going to over attack with these players he is going to lose most matches against top teams. I would rather we win like this than lose like Liverpool or Arsenal and never win the EPL or the CL.

JASR

Official Redcafe Union Rep for City Posters Rights
Supports
City
Spot on. When United was in the second division we were regularly pulling in over 40,000 at all of our home games at OT. In fact United had the record number of attendees even beating the first division teams when we were in the second. So it is not entirely down to being at the right place at the right time due to TV money and SAF.
On a similar vein:

Whilst in Div2 city had the highest attendance of all leagues, playing exciting football to get promoted. A few years later United in Div1 had the 33rd highest of all, whilst almost going to the wall and being relegated.

60 years before Sky, Fergie etc

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is it just me or anyone else getting a bit peeved off with this City this /City that narrative? Maybe I am a bit jealous but feck em ,, why can't we just enjoy what we are doing at the moment compared to last 4 years of turd? We all knew what we were getting when we signed Mourinho. Rant over.
To put it simply, no. City are one of our two big rivals historically and today we're competing for the big honors. We're also financial rivals and are managed by two fellows who are managerial rivals. You can't just ignore one another. If we beat City to the title, we will be bleating about it and they will not be able to ignore that.

Progress is very important. But there's no doubting that Woodward and Manchester United (and Jose) are aiming to win and expect to win the big trophies.

Personally aside from success, what I find exciting/attractive is exciting/attractive football so it's not as if success is the only thing. But rivals will always be in the discussion.

RyRy11

5 points behind City after ten games. The bar has been set very high if we want to win the league.

Blind17

1, 2 trophies in his first season
2, top of CL group
3, 2nd in the league.

Wumminator is correct when he said:

I truly believe Wumminator is a rival fan. This thread title would fit perfectly if it was in the RAWK or Bluemoon form.
Or you could quote me when we won an actualy trophy where we face better opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.