Everything we feared about Jose Mourinho could be coming to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The date was the 20th May 2016, the day before the FA Cup Final. Louis Van Gaal's men were preparing for a massive game at Wembley hoping to win their first major piece of silverware since Alex Ferguson's retirement. "Can Martial be the player to save Louis Van Gaal?" asked The Telegraph. "No-one is talking about the 61 million pound fee any more" reported James Ducker. Fast forward 18 months later and it is obvious that no matter the results that day, LVG was finished at Old Trafford. However, what is more surprising is that the game might also symbolise the peak of Anthony Martial's United career. What once seemed to be a figure destined to shine as bright as any other player, Martial is a peripheral character at Mourinho's United, hauled off at half time after a torrid first half against Huddersfield in a 2-1 loss.

It all seemed to start so brightly for Mourinho. His first season's league form was abhorrent, however two cup wins in his first year seemed to indicate that Mourinho could push on for his famous second season. With a warchest of 160 million to his name Jose promised to push on United into a title challenge that has evaded every United manager since Sir Alex.

However as the season goes on, United fans initial worries about Jose seem to becoming to the forefront once more. His much maligned record with youngsters seems to have continued, with former talented youngsters Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial and Timothy Fosu-Mensah all having their careers stalled in different ways by the enigmatic Portuguese manager. United fans have thrived off Marcus Rashford's excellent performances, however opportunities for his fellow youngsters seem to have come few and far between.

None of these examples is more pronounced than Alex Tunazbe. The youngster first handed starts by Louis Van Gaal two seasons ago is still struggling to make his mark in front of the Old Trafford faithful. However his place in the squad is limited, seemingly behind Mourinho's forty million pound man Victor Lindelof. The defender has struggled to establish himself in the United defence and he has once again let his teammates down in defeat to Huddersfied. But while every manager is allowed to make mistakes in the transfer markets, doubts have also been raised over other Jose arrivals Mkhitaryian and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. With United's wage bill increasing by 20% since Jose taking over, United's owners the Glazer family will be expecting more return for their outlay.

But all of these issues would be ignored if Jose delivered the trophies so many of his acolytes claim he always delivers. But with an appalling display versus Liverpool followed by a humiliating loss to Huddersfield, questions are arising whether Jose's formidable resume belongs in Old Trafford past, along with any memories of Louis Van Gaal's reign.

This week Mourinho started openly flirting with the PSG job. Many United fans are upset by this, many United fans still excuse this behaviour. But the circus of Jose Mourinho only stays in town as long as his many negative points don't start to outweigh his positive points. United fans will be hoping that moment is a while away yet, because if Jose isn't the man to put Manchester United back on their perch... who is?

Sigma

We've lost 1 game out of 13, winning 10. Calm down.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The date was the 20th May 2016, the day before the FA Cup Final. Louis Van Gaal's men were preparing for a massive game at Wembley hoping to win their first major piece of silverware since Alex Ferguson's retirement. "Can Martial be the player to save Louis Van Gaal?" asked The Telegraph. "No-one is talking about the 61 million pound fee any more" reported James Ducker. Fast forward 18 months later and it is obvious that no matter the results that day, LVG was finished at Old Trafford. However, what is more surprising is that the game might also symbolise the peak of Anthony Martial's United career. What once seemed to be a figure destined to shine as bright as any other player, Martial is a peripheral character at Mourinho's United, hauled off at half time after a torrid first half against Huddersfield in a 2-1 loss.

It all seemed to start so brightly for Mourinho. His first season's league form was abhorrent, however two cup wins in his first year seemed to indicate that Mourinho could push on for his famous second season. With a warchest of 160 million to his name Jose promised to push on United into a title challenge that has evaded every United manager since Sir Alex.

However as the season goes on, United fans initial worries about Jose seem to becoming to the forefront once more. His much maligned record with youngsters seems to have continued, with former talented youngsters Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial and Timothy Fosu-Mensah all having their careers stalled in different ways by the enigmatic Portuguese manager. United fans have thrived off Marcus Rashford's excellent performances, however opportunities for his fellow youngsters seem to have come few and far between.

None of these examples is more pronounced than Alex Tunazbe. The youngster first handed starts by Louis Van Gaal two seasons ago is still struggling to make his mark in front of the Old Trafford faithful. However his place in the squad is limited, seemingly behind Mourinho's forty million pound man Victor Lindelof. The defender has struggled to establish himself in the United defence and he has once again let his teammates down in defeat to Huddersfied. But while every manager is allowed to make mistakes in the transfer markets, doubts have also been raised over other Jose arrivals Mkhitaryian and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. With United's wage bill increasing by 20% since Jose taking over, United's owners the Glazer family will be expecting more return for their outlay.

But all of these issues would be ignored if Jose delivered the trophies so many of his acolytes claim he always delivers. But with an appalling display versus Liverpool followed by a humiliating loss to Huddersfield, questions are arising whether Jose's formidable resume belongs in Old Trafford past, along with any memories of Louis Van Gaal's reign.

This week Mourinho started openly flirting with the PSG job. Many United fans are upset by this, many United fans still excuse this behaviour. But the circus of Jose Mourinho only stays in town as long as his many negative points don't start to outweigh his positive points. United fans will be hoping that moment is a while away yet, because if Jose isn't the man to put Manchester United back on their perch... who is?
He's not hear to incubate youth players, he's here to deliver trophies.

el3mel

I see some posters couldn't wait anymore till our first lose to start posting such threads. I'm sure they're happy today.

Tarrou

Did we fear winning football matches and trophies again? If so, yeah.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Didn't bother to read the OP but i'l just :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How long has this one been sitting in your drafts?

Ludens the Red

None of these examples is more pronounced than Alex Tunazbe. The youngster first handed starts by Louis Van Gaal two seasons ago is still struggling to make his mark in front of the Old Trafford faithful.
However his place in the squad is limited, seemingly behind Mourinho's forty million pound man Victor Lindelof. The defender has struggled to establish himself in the United defence and he has once again let his teammates down in defeat to Huddersfied. But while every manager is allowed to make mistakes in the transfer markets, doubts have also been raised over other Jose arrivals Mkhitaryian and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. With United's wage bill increasing by 20% since Jose taking over, United's owners the Glazer family will be expecting more return for their outlay.

Agenda nonsense. LVG didn't even play Shaw and Tuanzebe never appeared under LVG, he made his debut under Mourinho.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You can guarantee that the OP had this planned for our first loss of the season.

If we end up having a similar season to last season Mourinho is gone, I'm certain of that.

Kapardin

Yes, its' all coming to a head now that we have lost one game. An asteroid is going to hit Earth tomorrow and wipe out the entire club...the entire civilization. But it will stop City winning the league, atleast.

Calm down, ffs.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I knew you'd be out with an essay after the first defeat.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Triple facepalm.

How about getting behind the manager when we lose.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's totally exaggerated for the purpose of edginess/bites, but I do agree with the general crux. Ish.

AshRK

Not surprised with threads like this. We drew to Scouse and we got some immense negative reaction, now imagine a loss to Huddersfield. Next I will see a thread saying we will be out of top 4 and then someone will say we will be relegated.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
What I feared about Jose was his shit tactics in the big games. Lost the momentum against Liverpool, should have gone all out to win that game, win it and today doesn't happen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What I feared about Jose was his shit tactics in the big games. Lost the momentum against Liverpool, should have gone all out to win that game, win it and today doesn't happen.
A part of me thought this today. Beat Liverpool and the club/players would be bouncing. Instead we didn't give ourself a chance by parking the bus.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
You are an embarrassment to this forum and United fans.

flappyjay

:lol::lol::lol: what I agree with is that Blind comes right after baily,Smalling, Rojo and Jones. He should have replaced jones

spiriticon

feckin hell :houllier:. Its our first defeat of the season. Leave the reddit eulogies for later.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Did we fear winning football matches and trophies again? If so, yeah.
From what I have seen in the last 3 games, its atrocious football. Okay, all of them were away, but we couldn't stamp any authority over any team. Even we had tried to attack in that Liverpool game, nothing would have happened because we are so toothless in attack.. in away games at least.

Sandyman

He's not hear to incubate youth players, he's here to deliver trophies.
And, he played all three of Lingard, Martial, Rashford today. Shaw has only himself to blame, TFM is on loan. All these posters calling for youth to be played but the moment they have a bad game, the knives are out. It's beyond tedious now.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If I remember rightly, didn't LvG accuse Shaw of being unfit, out of shape and lacking in mentality...?

Roboc7

The more time goes on the more I feel LVG set us back years. I am not convinced Mourinho is the right man to really rebuild the club as I think it will take too long but I dread to think of how bad we would be if LVG has stayed for
another’s year.

Hawks2008

It ain't our duty to accommodate and clear the path for youngsters. Rashford is getting all the time he needs and Martial has had his chances. Shaw's issues are down to him and some bad injury luck. I don't get what LVG has to do with anything, he was a failure. I have resrvations about Mourinho, and if he doesn't deliver a big trophy this season I hope serious questions are asked of him. But this post is a bit OTT.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Guys I've had a few insults in this thread that I won't respond to (or report yet) but please focus the discussion on football and not attacking posters.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:lol: @ OP

Shaw is over rated and only has himself to blame for his uselessness
Martial and Rashford are being used as young players should be

We're unlucky in that we've had long term injuries to key 1st team players like Rojo, Ibra and Pogba.

1 loss in 13 is certainly not a crisis either: we simply lost momentum due to internatanal break, which is a shame, but we'll be fine as soon as some key players come back.

Need to stop comparing ourselves to City, and insteda judge progress against ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.