Everything we feared about Jose Mourinho could be coming to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Spoilt brat syndrome is rife.

I don’t like the fact our first defeat in the league is against Huddersfield - but I certainly expected a defeat by the stage in the season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Where does the phrase 'Jesus wept' come from, and what does it actually mean?
I choose to take it as a reference to Jesus Navas' famous homesickness. "Jesus Wept" could be a way of indicating that my post has made them miss what we had back when SAF was our manager.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think the moderators should lock this attention-seeking thread. This is not only self-serving, it’s also pathetic that a Man Utd fan can sit down for several hours to write such balderdash.
Won't happen mate. This is free publicity. Other club message boards will soon quote this masterpiece for their respective red cafe meltdown threads

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
He's on the highest wages in the league and got the same amount of goals as Joshua King in the Prem.
Yeah, one less with 300 minutes more.

But the question still remains, you think it would be easy to find a 17 goals in 28 EPL apps for the same net yearly cost Ibra had last season? I doubt it, even if you went for Joshua King you are paying Ibra's yearly salary just to sign him from Bournemouth, and then you're stuck with a player that may score like Ibra, but it's worse and you can't dispose of him after just 1/2 years of great service for free, you're stuck with his contract.

Ibra was one hell of a deal, and certainly not a point where Jose can be criticized at, that move probably happened because he was Manchester Utd manager.

Sigma

Our start to the season where we won the Premier League and Champions League:

Bestietom

It is not the manager, itis the players. Some of our so called talented players go missing when there is any physicality. They done the same at Stoke.

Schneckerl

Let's be honest here. You planned this post over a year ago and were just waiting for Mou to lose to a shite team so you can post it.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Our start to the season where we won the Premier League and Champions League:

Yes and that season ended with us winning the Prem and CL. We were that desperate for good news that we gave Tevez a goal that hit him on the head (should have been Nanis) because we were really struggling.

However with hindsight that period wasn't that bad. It seems obvious however with hindsight, this post might look silly in hindsight as well...

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Let's be honest here. You planned this post over a year ago and were just waiting for Mou to lose to a shite team so you can post it.
If I was waiting for Mourinho to lose to a shit team I wouldn't have needed to wait a year. Every manager has had a shit result in the last year.

The constant references to the last week should show I wrote this today. I'm a fast typer and a quick thinker. This was started after the final whistle to get some discussion going. Let's focus on the good discussion in this thread instead of questioning a member's typing speed.

Son Of Sam

Where does the phrase 'Jesus wept' come from, and what does it actually mean?
Jesus wept is a common expletive, curse or minced oath spoken when something goes wrong or to express mild incredulity.

It is also used sarcastically when expressing unsympathetic indifference to someone else's perceived unfortunate situation or self-pity.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Jesus wept is a common expletive, curse or minced oath spoken when something goes wrong or to express mild incredulity.

It is also used sarcastically when expressing unsympathetic indifference to someone else's perceived unfortunate situation or self-pity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_wept

Just link to the wikipedia article you copied from next time.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Let's focus on the good discussion in this thread instead of questioning a member's typing speed.
How can you do that when the OP is crap and filled with inaccurate rubbish like the "Tunazbe" mention? Don't you get the hint with the reaction of the vast majority of users that replied to your thread? Care to explain the change in your stance for example in comparison to the things you wrote in the Moyes days? You are second in the league, top of the CL group, in all competitions and you have the audacity to write this crap? I remember the SAF days where United fans proclaimed themselves different and laughed at this kind of behaviour from rival club fans.

MoskvaRed

No I went straight to the bottom of the house and picked out a Heineken. Because that result made me need a drink half way through my Stoptober.

This defeat hurts and what truly hurts me is the idea that we've sold our soul as a club to get in a manager most of us previously despised in order to win trophies that I am worried simply are not coming.

This thread is early. Obviously it's early. But that's three frankly horrible performaces with a load of players who don't mean anything to me. I feel to truly get past this we need to look at what makes this club so unique and great, but I fear we're too far gone....
What does that mean? More romanticised bullsh*t about United.

The real concern is that, if Mourinho can't deliver success with his outstanding track record, there is something rotten with the structure of the club. IMO, that comes down to the absence of a director of football, leading to a confused and, in many cases, downright abysmal transfer record going back to the late Fergie years.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_wept

Just link to the wikipedia article you copied from next time.
Thanks, still doesn't really explain how it came about and why people use it.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
How can you do that when the OP is crap and filled with inaccurate rubbish like the "Tunazbe" mention? Don't you get the hint with the reaction of the vast majority of users that replied to your thread? Care to explain the change in your stance for example in comparison to the things you wrote in the Moyes days? You are second in the league, top of the CL group, in all competitions and you have the audacity to write this crap? I remember the SAF days where United fans proclaimed themselves different and laughed at this kind of behaviour from rival club fans.
Mate, the reason I'm much maligned on this forum is because I used to be 'too positive' when Ferguson was around. Apparently I was a 'top r.ed' who was too easily impressed.

Ferguson asked us to stand by our manager in Moyes and though it became hard, I genuinely tried. It was a shame how that worked out, but that doesn't impact what is happening now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No I went straight to the bottom of the house and picked out a Heineken. Because that result made me need a drink half way through my Stoptober.

This defeat hurts and what truly hurts me is the idea that we've sold our soul as a club to get in a manager most of us previously despised in order to win trophies that I am worried simply are not coming.

This thread is early. Obviously it's early. But that's three frankly horrible performaces with a load of players who don't mean anything to me. I feel to truly get past this we need to look at what makes this club so unique and great, but I fear we're too far gone....
Turning to drink was the perfectly logical choice (I will be shortly following that route once the kids are tucked up in bed!) but spouting a nonsenical doomsday rant on the forum following our first loss of the season is not the way to go. It only serves to anger people.

We'll come back from this loss stronger than ever I feel, our next league opponents (The Spuds) won't know what hit them.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Turning to drink was the perfectly logical choice (I will be shortly following that route once the kids are tucked up in bed!) but spouting a nonsenical doomsday rant on the forum following our first loss of the season is not the way to go. It only serves to anger people.

We'll come back from this loss stronger than ever I feel, our next league opponents (The Spuds) won't know what hit them.
The problem is, you say "first defeat of the season", but really we've dropped points in three games now and we've had a very nice run of games.

The Spurs and Chelsea games are massive.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Only if we get key players like Bailly, Pogba and Fellaini back.

Mourinho tactics needs this strong spine - without it, we look toothless like we have done past few games.

donkeyfish

Depay was a peripheral figure last season, Martial definitely hasn't been this season. Only six players has started more games than him, being on the pitch 11 times already. The only proper point that can be made is whether his type of play would be better suited under another manager.

Luke Shaw has had a terrible two years, being injured what 15 of the last 24 months or something. Compared with his actual performance after the leg break, I'd say he's gotten plenty of chances. Rashford has been one of the players with the most games under Mourinho. Pereira has been allowed to make his own decision, McTominay has been played. He even subbed in the goalie Pereira to give him minutes in the league cup. There's nothing suggesting players like Tuanzebe is overlooked because of his age.

Mourinho's transfers has been very good, getting great and fairly young players like Bailly, Pogba and Lukaku. In addition to more seasoned ones like Matic and Ibra. That the wage bill grows with increasing revenue cannot really be avoided. The top players in the world earn more today than 2 years ago, even more than 5 years ago or 10 years ago. If you want to compare, you need to ask whether the wage bill has increased more than the average wage bill among the top clubs.

I care about what affects the performance of the team rather than the comfort of the fans. If he wants to leave for PSG in 18 months, fine. If he is just saying football is an uncertain world, that's also fine. If that affects our players, we need new ones. Since exactly the same uncertainty will exist with any other manager.

prtk0811

This thread is a panic attack, nothing else.

Needed a jolt, got one. Poor ball CIRCULATION , sluggish tempo of passing and sluggish transition in the attack. No penetration.

The movement in the final third is not good enough.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Do you remember your thread proclaiming that Martial was the best teenager in the world? Does a part of you not worry about how he has developed?
a) No

b) Yes, a part of me

Status
Not open for further replies.