Everything we feared about Jose Mourinho could be coming to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I can feel a raft of 'Mourinho vs LvG', 'van Gaal Legacy' and 'were we bettter under LvG?' threads coming on...

And OP should change the 'we' to 'I' in his thread title!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I can feel a raft of 'Mourinho vs LvG', 'van Gaal Legacy' and 'were we bettter under LvG?' threads coming on...

And OP should change the 'we' to 'I' in his thread title!
I don't want it to seem like I'm bragging that I saw this coming. The point was it could be a thread where we all talk openly without people bragging "I said this" or "I predicted this"

AllezLesDiables

Pretty much par for the course for Josay. It will get worse as the season goes on. Anyone think he won't go uber defensive against Spurs and Chelsea?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I don't want it to seem like I'm bragging that I saw this coming. The point was it could be a thread where we all talk openly without people bragging "I said this" or "I predicted this"
You saw it coming that we'd be second in the table and top of our champions league group while still in the league cup?

I hope you had money on the loss today that you clearly knew was coming. You must be very rich being able to predict the future.

This said, I worry about your judgement given that if you are omnipotent and knew how your post would be received; and yet still posted it.

Dear me.

Paul_Scholes18

I think what could happen is more frustration and fights involving Mourinho. He is not great when things are going against a lot of the times. Hopefully we can find some form back soon!

Overall we have started this season well though. We are just in a very bad spell at the moment. Things have just not gone well after the international break. Injuries, bad form and bad management all together has been the case. Time to step up and beat Swansea!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's such a nothing title. You've seen what coming exactly?? We've lost one fecking game all season. What have you got to brag about?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You saw it coming that we'd be second in the table and top of our champions league group while still in the league cup?

I hope you had money on the loss today that you clearly knew was coming. You must be very rich being able to predict the future.

This said, I worry about your judgement given that if you are omnipotent and knew how your post would be received; and yet still posted it.

Dear me.
I often get stick for my posts. For example my "Jack Wilshere - where does the hype come from" thread was ridiculed. As was my "strength of the Premier League" post that got pages of laughing emojis. Or my sticking up for Fellaini or Young threads that were ridiculed as they weren't good enough to make it here.

tomaldinho1

I often get stick for my posts. For example my "Jack Wilshere - where does the hype come from" thread was ridiculed. As was my "strength of the Premier League" post that got pages of laughing emojis. Or my sticking up for Fellaini or Young threads that were ridiculed as they weren't good enough to make it here.
They aren't, we just have such a gaggle of average players that they get game time and sometimes play well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's far too early for a thread like this. This might be the stuff you deeply fear to come true. And it might, the evidence doesn't back it up. We started the season well, had an okay and terrible result but the league is it's infancy and we're very comfortable in the CL. I too have some doubts over Jose given our 6th place finish last season and don't see any reason to consider him absolutely perfect by default, but we have started the season well and this may be a blip we come storming back from rather than a sigh of how far we haven't come.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Serious question: are you still pining for LvG?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
You are brave doing this thread twig. But I think it’s a good bit early for it

I said last season there was enormous pressure for him to deliver this season. We simply have to challenge for the title

Today means it is crucial we get 4points from Chelsea and spurs. If we end up losing them we will effectively be out of of it. Then it would be the time for this thread

GM K

City's outstanding form is making us looking worse than we really are.

Don't get me wrong, our last three games have been poor but if we set aside the emotions, losing one game in 10 is not terrible and the reasons for the poor form are more than Jose 'resorting to type'.

I keep asking: are we not underestimating the negative impact of having Pogba, Fellaini and Carrick out injured while Miki, Herrera and Mata are clearly out of form? I think the team's dynamics has been badly altered. We lack creativity in the midfield and worse than that, we are not doing the most basic things like keeping the ball or passing, well. We really need our injured boys back.

Let's be patient and not heap pressure on the manager and the team (even though there's nothing wrong with venting and pointing fingers considering how the team has been playing).

JohnnyKills

The date was the 20th May 2016, the day before the FA Cup Final. Louis Van Gaal's men were preparing for a massive game at Wembley hoping to win their first major piece of silverware since Alex Ferguson's retirement. "Can Martial be the player to save Louis Van Gaal?" asked The Telegraph. "No-one is talking about the 61 million pound fee any more" reported James Ducker. Fast forward 18 months later and it is obvious that no matter the results that day, LVG was finished at Old Trafford. However, what is more surprising is that the game might also symbolise the peak of Anthony Martial's United career. What once seemed to be a figure destined to shine as bright as any other player, Martial is a peripheral character at Mourinho's United, hauled off at half time after a torrid first half against Huddersfield in a 2-1 loss.

It all seemed to start so brightly for Mourinho. His first season's league form was abhorrent, however two cup wins in his first year seemed to indicate that Mourinho could push on for his famous second season. With a warchest of 160 million to his name Jose promised to push on United into a title challenge that has evaded every United manager since Sir Alex.

However as the season goes on, United fans initial worries about Jose seem to becoming to the forefront once more. His much maligned record with youngsters seems to have continued, with former talented youngsters Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial and Timothy Fosu-Mensah all having their careers stalled in different ways by the enigmatic Portuguese manager. United fans have thrived off Marcus Rashford's excellent performances, however opportunities for his fellow youngsters seem to have come few and far between.

None of these examples is more pronounced than Alex Tunazbe. The youngster first handed starts by Louis Van Gaal two seasons ago is still struggling to make his mark in front of the Old Trafford faithful. However his place in the squad is limited, seemingly behind Mourinho's forty million pound man Victor Lindelof. The defender has struggled to establish himself in the United defence and he has once again let his teammates down in defeat to Huddersfied. But while every manager is allowed to make mistakes in the transfer markets, doubts have also been raised over other Jose arrivals Mkhitaryian and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. With United's wage bill increasing by 20% since Jose taking over, United's owners the Glazer family will be expecting more return for their outlay.

But all of these issues would be ignored if Jose delivered the trophies so many of his acolytes claim he always delivers. But with an appalling display versus Liverpool followed by a humiliating loss to Huddersfield, questions are arising whether Jose's formidable resume belongs in Old Trafford past, along with any memories of Louis Van Gaal's reign.

This week Mourinho started openly flirting with the PSG job. Many United fans are upset by this, many United fans still excuse this behaviour. But the circus of Jose Mourinho only stays in town as long as his many negative points don't start to outweigh his positive points. United fans will be hoping that moment is a while away yet, because if Jose isn't the man to put Manchester United back on their perch... who is?
Nicely written mate, but this is a bit of an over-reaction isn't it? I've been critical of Mourinho today but one defeat isn't exactly an apocalyptic scenario.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Jesus Wept!!!
The date was 33 A.D. As the Greeks bunged Jesus on the cross, Frenchman Jose Mourinho hit Luke Shaw with a hammer and declared that Valencia's crosses weren't as good as this one. The disloyal, player-slagging tramp...

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The funniest bit is @Wumminator desperation to write off all of Mourinho’s signings immediately, after showing patience with every single other player we’ve ever signed way past the point of being rational and pretty damn close to the point of mental illness.
Mourinho has never built a squad over the long term. His MO is immediate success and he has to be judged on a short term basis

SirAF

Ageist
Bullshit, you have just been waiting for a chance to push your anti-Mourinho agenda.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mourinho has never built a squad over the long term. His MO is immediate success and he has to be judged on a short term basis
So you’re saying he’s never signed players that take a season or two to settle? Hold on, that’s bullshit isn’t it? You’re making shit up, aren’t you?

Whatever about Mourinho’s ability to get the best out of young players he seems to be a genius at getting the absolute worst out of you!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So you’re saying he’s never signed players that take a season or two to settle? Hold on, that’s bullshit isn’t it? You’re making shit up, aren’t you?

Whatever about Mourinho’s ability to get the best out of young players he seems to be a genius at getting the absolute worst out of you!

Mourinho is renowned for getting in players who perform right away for him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
None of these examples is more pronounced than Alex Tunazbe. The youngster first handed starts by Louis Van Gaal two seasons ago is still struggling to make his mark in front of the Old Trafford faithful.
No seafood or steak jokes before anyone thinks of posting one. Should go without saying really but have to post it as I know what some are like.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Twigg is still angry at Jose for not getting sacked before Moyes and therefore making him have to pay me big money in a bet.

He did pay with no complaints so he's alright in my book.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What the feck are you on about? All managers sign some players who hit the ground running and others who take longer to settle. Some of Mourinho’s best/most famous signings were in the second category.
He’s never been at a club long term so I’ve never seen him making signings that are judged over the long term.

Green_Red

Guys I've had a few insults in this thread that I won't respond to (or report yet) but please focus the discussion on football and not attacking posters.
I can't agree with that op wum. Martial has been on fire under Mourinho, his scoring rate is something like 1 every 40 or so minutes. He was subbed because he was being targeted and Mourinho was probably protecting him from a red card. The last thing we need is a player banned for Spurs when we have so many injuries already.

Fosu Mensah is out on loan, Shaw is injured and Martial is as I said above. On fire!

My fear is that with the talent in the squad playing for draws will lose the players. Which is what happened him at Chelsea.

In fairness he is managing Rashford's, Lingard and Martial brilliantly. Just enough game time to continue developing without having to use absolutely everything they have in the tank. I'm happy about that, given Rooney was driven into the ground and the latter stages of his career have suffered.

The PSG speculation was made up by the media, but he still should have kept his thoughts to himself.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s never been at a club long term so I’ve never seen him making signings that are judged over the long term.
Wtf? He hasn’t even been at United for a season and a half. You’re writing off some of his signings already. You honestly can’t think of any Mourinho signings ever who didn’t come good in a longer timeframe than this?

Martin(6)Buchan

Doom and gloom merchants at the fore front again because we were poor in a match, absolute laughable !

Andersons Dietician

@Wumminator feel sorry from some of the abuse your getting but Jose topics bring out the worst in people. Always seems to be the same ones as well.

He splits opinion and I guess it comes down to how people view what happens on the field. Like people keep saying we’ve scored tonnes of goals so we aren’t defensive. We are defensive tho they just don’t seem to understand tactics and can’t determine what is actually happening on the pitch.

I quite enjoyed your post. It is hard to say he has stalled careers of the youngsters as in some aren’t fit and so on. Last year maybe there were times he could have played them more, put faith in them and so on. Will be intresting to see if (insert young CB) might get more games over Lindelof. I doubt it.

Intresting points on the negatives outweighing the positives of Jose as really that has what has ended up being what has led to his demise everywhere. The fans put up with it for a while then eventually get bored and want more proactive managers.

I didn’t want Jose. Felt he was the wrong man at the time. He should have come in when SAF left. Not now to rebuild a giant but I wanted nothing more from him than to change everything I knew about him and he spoke a good game about the traditions of the club and so on. However he hasn’t changed, he said he never will. He’ll be gone in 2years unless he gets sacked so just have to lump it and support the club.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Thanks, still doesn't really explain how it came about and why people use it.
The date was the 20th May 0016, the day before the Gallilee Cup Final. Jesus's men were preparing for a massive game at Bethlehem hoping to win their first major piece of silverware since Pontius Pilate's retirement. "Can Judas be the player to save Jesus?" asked The Telegraph..

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Wumminator was really hurt when LVG was fired.
He is just letting off some steam after our first loss of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.