Evra | (Soon to be Ex-)Pundit Thread | Patman Watch

Ban

Still can't believe that prick Suarez refused to give Paddy a handshake after all that.

Carragher apology is a bit. Ok he's done it but not knowing anything about it and still going through with it doesnt work.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, that's a cop out from Carragher - there's no way he wouldn't have had the balls to say something to everyone if he felt that way. He was a leader in that team. It's good that someone has finally admitted it was wrong though.

As for Evra, love him. Totally get his boys v men comments. I think it's quite obvious we've been the former for too long as well.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Still can't believe that prick Suarez refused to give Paddy a handshake after all that.

Carragher apology is a bit. Ok he's done it but not knowing anything about it and still going through with it doesnt work.
Have to admit I was squirming with Carra's long winded response. But I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be in that position. Thankfully he unreservedly apologised at the end of it which took the edge off and you could see Evra sort of accept it.

I like Evra, hope he comments more often.

VJ1762

Yeah, that's a cop out from Carragher - there's no way he wouldn't have had the balls to say something to everyone if he felt that way. He was a leader in that team. It's good that someone has finally admitted it was wrong though.

As for Evra, love him. Totally get his boys v men comments. I think it's quite obvious we've been the former for too long as well.
It still confounds me how everything has fallen apart after Sir Alex left. We have been mediocre for most of our existence, and have been propped up by 2 of the greatest managers the game has ever seen. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Ban

Have to admit I was squirming with Carra's long winded response. But I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be in that position. Thankfully he unreservedly apologised at the end of it which took the edge off and you could see Evra sort of accept it.

I like Evra, hope he comments more often.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, kudos to him for apologizing and admitting it was wrong.
Yeah, Evra us great, tell it like it is. :)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I think they finally turned against Suarez because of last year CL, when Suarez was diving all over the place vs Liverpool and celebrated against them.

TheReligion

Abusive
You forget how much of a stain the Suarez incident was on Liverpool Football Club. Have to admit that despite hating them I'd always have an underlying respect for the club to a degree. That moment totally killed it.

Ban

I think they finally turned against Suarez because of last year CL, when Suarez was diving all over the place vs Liverpool and celebrated against them.
They finally realized what the rest of the world was saying. That he's a huge, huge cnut.

Philip McManus

Not sure what role Evra would be suited to at United, but having him about the place could only be a good thing. He loves United and wants us back at the top. Thats all i need to know. The more of that the better

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Just to embed it in the thread.

Class.
Yeah, great listen. The stuff he says about racism in football in general is spot on too. The FA should get people like him and Rio on board (Amongst others) instead of organisations like Kick it out! to tackle the issues. As Evra says there is a bunch of non-white footballers that don't respect the organisation at all due to things they've done in the past so a team of footballers like Evra et al. would work much better I think.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not sure what role Evra would be suited to at United, but having him about the place could only be a good thing. He loves United and wants us back at the top. Thats all i need to know. The more of that the better
Ole also wants those exact things.

fergieisold

My thoughts too! Just having someone who loves the club, wants us to get back to the top and knows how a winning team looks behind the scenes is incredibly valuable.

arthurka

Now I just feel sad that every person hasn´t got Evra as a personal friend.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Love Patrice Evra.Massive respect to him.Last night reminded me of the time, what the fuk were Liverpool thinking? That tee-shirt gesture was embarrassing and cringeworthy.Remember the reception Evra got at Anfield afterwards?
They should be ashamed of themselves.
Love the Arsenal Babies comment.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Evra is the man. He has to be back at United in some capacity, and it was very insightful listening to him speak on issues of racism in the game too.

Bestietom

Whatever capacity I'm sure it will be good for the club. He's a winner, is Evra.

Br1_ovi

Supports
F.C. Barcelona
One footballer insulting another footballer is as old as football. What happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
One footballer insults another since the football was born. What happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch.
So racial abuse on the pitch is fine because what happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch? Embarrassing post.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You forget how much of a stain the Suarez incident was on Liverpool Football Club. Have to admit that despite hating them I'd always have an underlying respect for the club to a degree. That moment totally killed it.
That was them all over. Totally delusional and never admitting wrong.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
One footballer insulting another footballer is as old as football. What happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch.
You sound like an Inter ultra.

OT, I think Evra will do great. Someone with a bit of personality in a field surprisingly devoid of it.

red4ever 79

I love Utd and I want the club to be back at the top. Can I have a job aswell?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Last night reminded me of the time, what the fuk were Liverpool thinking? That tee-shirt gesture was embarrassing and cringeworthy.Remember the reception Evra got at Anfield afterwards?
As a Liverpool fan, and basically wanting to give the club as much of a break on this as possible, I saw it as the worst kind of tribalism.
I can believe that Suarez didn't intend it as racist with a bit of squint. Even then, the response was just wrong. In that situation you throw your hands up and say "OK, now that I see how it was taken, I am massively sorry."
What you don't do is double down and say "but my racist comment wasn't meant to be racist!" The fault was basically complete failure to acknowledge that fundamentally Suarez' intent here is much less important than the fact that evra had clearly and justifiable felt racially abused and was owed an unreserved apology. Dalglish was like a man out of time in his failure to realise the same. And the club massively at fault for letting it all happen and allowing it to build into an actual case to be sorted out. Sadly the club lead the way in the way the fans went tribal on this.
I don't believe there was genuine racist intent from the club, maybe not even Suarez. The complete failure to prioritise anti racism over Suarez' claimed intent and failure to realise that in doing so they were basically siding with racism in the public eye was just appalling and embarrassing. A real low point.

Re the handshake, I remember thinking at the time that it looked like evra was kinda reticent and that's why Suarez didn't follow up. Still, if he'd been sincere and, you know, actually wanted to make amends with evra as he should have, he'd have made a point of reaching out for the handshake anyway. Dumbass move really.

lsd

The Oracle

Im glad he apologised and admits it was wrong but i don't buy the excuse he knew nothing about it till that day as iv always been led to believe that Gerrard was the one behind it and urging the rest to go along with it .

I can't believe Gerrard was pushing something Carragher knew nothing about

Inter Yer Nan

Has Suarez ever apologized? I doubt it given that he's a vile cretin. His despicable actions made Liverpool as a club and their supporters look awful and then after they did all that for him, he still ends up fecking off at the first chance he gets and acted like a prick towards them in the Champions League game.

Evra getting abuse on subsequent visits to Anfield always looked bad too.

Ban

Im glad he apologised and admits it was wrong but i don't buy the excuse he knew nothing about it till that day as iv always been led to believe that Gerrard was the one behind it and urging the rest to go along with it .

I can't believe Gerrard was pushing something Carragher knew nothing about
Even if it's true he didn't know about it he could have said come on guys let's not do this.

Born2Lose

You wouldn't be getting any of this from Carragher if Suarez still played for them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Clear difference between insulting and racial abuse

Tel074

Is Carragher seriously trying to say he knew nothing about what was going on with regards to those t-shirts? Then again that’s coming from someone who spits on children so is it any surprise? fecking cretin.
Did he not say he knew nothing about them until they appeared in the dressing room?.

Redditor

Supports
Liverpool
The football pitch is their workplace. Would you be fine being insulted, let alone racially, at your workplace?

Reactions: Sultan