Evra's interview with Neville

hobbers

So what about when he called out Lingard, Rashford etc. in terms of their output for the season? Was that to further a similar agenda? Is Pogba planning to call out Matic for his performances also? There is nothing factual in your argument aside from putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 so it suits your argument/agenda.

I do hope you are not a lawyer with this mode of thinking because Evra made his comments, like many other in the past. Does this mean Pogba is responsible for all the good things Evra has said lately also? :lol:

Your reasoning here is laughable.
That you're so keen to over analyse what's just a trivial observation is truly laughable. What are you even arguing against? Why does the idea of Evra sticking up for Pogba's interests make you so upset?

But since you brought it up, yeh he obviously mentioned the other forward's low outputs because it provides context for Pogba's season, Evra literally said as much. The Sanchez comment was specifically related to him only being here for money, didn't even need to bring up his performances. Plenty in the squad are trash but no one else in the squad is earning 1.5-2x Pogba's salary, so no, calling out Matic or anyone else is hardly productive.

There's no agenda here, and if you're seeing one it's just reflective of your own.

Darius_MUFC1991

Barbados, formally Ripon and South London
That you're so keen to over analyse what's just a trivial observation is truly laughable. What are you even arguing against? Why does the idea of Evra sticking up for Pogba's interests make you so upset?

But since you brought it up, yeh he obviously mentioned the other forward's low outputs because it provides context for Pogba's season, Evra literally said as much. The Sanchez comment was specifically related to him only being here for money, didn't even need to bring up his performances. Plenty in the squad are trash but no one else in the squad is earning 1.5-2x Pogba's salary, so no, calling out Matic or anyone else is hardly productive.

There's no agenda here, and if you're seeing one it's just reflective of your own.

You described it best. Trivial.

So because Evra referenced Sanchez coming for money, and as we know he was not integrating with the team at all and had no interest in working with his teammates, this now is because he is on double Pogbas salary? When Pogba isnt even the one who made the comment? You are stitching things together to suit your agenda yet again.

Crack on sir. I can see you are reaching and I am certain others can see it too.

hobbers

You described it best. Trivial.

So because Evra referenced Sanchez coming for money, and as we know he was not integrating with the team at all and had no interest in working with his teammates, this now is because he is on double Pogbas salary? When Pogba isnt even the one who made the comment? You are stitching things together to suit your agenda yet again.

Crack on sir. I can see you are reaching and I am certain others can see it too.
I don't think you even know what you're arguing about so i'll leave it there :rolleyes:

Jib

WhoScored are pretty reliable for stats, etc. their positional graphic is extrapolated from average positional play. I do not know of a place where i can find individual heat maps that cover the season.

I don't even know what kind of matches people are watching that makes them think Pogba and Sigurdsson occupy the same positions. that's so ludicrous to me :lol:
Maybe they only watched our game during the first 4-5 games after Ole took over.

Our maybe it's fit their agenda.

Esquire

I think we as fans have to know the pros and cons of every player we have at the club. His attitude to not getting what he feels he works hard for and deserves can be seen as petulant but I guarantee if Ronaldo was here in this period you would see exactly the same behaviour. Wrong yes, but guess what, many gifted players have had flaws and Pogba wont be the last.

It amazes me the very same man who advocated for playing " the United Way" and was prepared to go over the line for it, is now the most vilified player in Man Utd's recent history.
It amazes me we talk of Pogbas conduct and this is a man who conducts himself off the pitch in the cleanest of ways possible. On the pitch he gets no mention when he is out there busting a gut, but crucified when he fails at his job defensively.

Where is this energy when Matic lost his man about 8 times in the first 12 games of the season?
Don’t disagree with you. And I guess i’m Being over simplistic about this but for me the principle is simple. We should go all out to keep him but if he wants to go, we should let him go and rebuild with the funds recovered. We can’t keep players who won’t want to play and die for the shirt.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Yeah. I understand what Evra's saying about the board, that without knowing about it from the inside it's hard to comment, and that Evra and Gary know some of the players' situations and can appraise what they've seen on the pitch. Let's be honest you can't really talk about the problems at this club without putting the owners and the board front and centre but Evra and Gary can't speak with authority about that side.
They can but they don’t want to

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
They can but they don’t want to
Fair. My point was they're ex-footballers with contacts in the playing and coaching staff, so it's a more natural fit for them to discuss the issues on the pitch and in the dressing room than those in the boardroom. On the other hand I made that post before Evra's response video, in which he says he's watched games with Woodward, so I grant you there's clearly more they could say about the board that they've chosen to omit for political reasons.