Expectations for 2019/2020 Season?

Hughie77

Get Maguire in, and I'm hopeful of a decent season, a good league position, and a decent cup run, in Europe, and domestic.

I think we be far better than last season, I think they will surprise us. ?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pending the Maguire deal (which for the sake of my prediction I'm going to assume won't fall through) I feel a lot happier with the shape of our team. I think defensively it's the best we've looked in a few years, I think Wan-Bissaka in particular will turn out to be a gem. Midfield I'm happy with Pogba and McTominay as our two more advanced midfielders but I'm pretty unhappy that we don't look like we're going to replace Matic, I felt he was our biggest weak link after Young last season.

We're still missing a right winger and haven't even been linked with one, apart from Sancho ages ago. We still have two glaring holes in the team but I think so far we've done better business than Chelsea and Arsenal, we really should have no excuses not to be finishing in the top four. One last big question mark for me is Rashford, assuming we let Lukaku leave the club, I don't know if I fancy him to get 20+ goals next season and he currently looks the weakest starting striker out of any of the big clubs.

I can't see us signing Lemina or Fernandes, Fernandes maybe if Pogba leaves. If we signed another DM I think I'd be fairly satisfied.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Not too sure what we should expect really. But ...

DDG
Wan Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
Matic / McTom
Bruno (maybe) - Pogba
James - Rashford - Martial
... says we should expect faster and certainly more interesting and direct play. I'm excited at this point but not expecting anything other than a battle for 4th.

Andersons Dietician

I think realistically 4th should be our aim and anything above is a bonus. Hopefully however on the pitch there are signs of vast improvement to carry on in to the next season where maybe hopefully we will be in a better spot to challenge. However for now I think we have to accept that we are in a fight for the 4th spot and unless 1 of City, Pool or Spurs massively under perform I think 4th is the best we can hope for.

Here she hoping to Lampard being rubbish, Arsenal being Arsenal and that Wolves and Everton don’t get involved in the scrap for 4th.

Born2Lose

Only that we get back to playing exciting football, that players are chosen on merit regardless of age and salary.

That I can be excited to watch this team on the weekend again, even if we finish 4th, 6th or 10th. There's a right way to lose.

Toni's Left Foot

I am insanely optimistic for the new season. It is also a distinct possibility that I am a little insane.

OJKernow

2 more signings, Maguire and a CM to see the summer out.
Defence will be much stronger.
New additions will come straight in, plus promotions into senior squad and possibly regular 11 for a couple of our youngsters (Greenwood in particular). Leading to what will look like quite a fresh side compared to last season.

3rd in the league, but still some way behind Liverpool and City. But it will be encouraging progress.
Hopefully at least one good cup run to keep the season alive in the latter stages, domestically or Europa.
Over the course of the season more deadwood will be phased out and then shipped off next summer (Young, Smalling and/or Jones etc)

Roboc7

4th to 6th is our level, top four is obviously what will define whether Ole keeps his job or not but I just expect to see progress.

It’s clear manager wants to change way we play but also clear we have a lot of players who can’t/won’t be able do what he wants. Hope he has conviction to stick to his wages tactics and not revert back to the negative and passive play we have seen for last six seasons.

AlwaysRed66

I like the way people are saying we will easily get top four, & pointing to the deficiencies of our rivals. What they don't point out we have an average manager & an average squad, which hasn't really performed for years, but will somehow storm the barricades once the season starts.

Alabaster Codify7

As it stands? With a new quality RB and a young prospect?

6th - 8th.

With a Maguire and a Fernandes, plus a Lukaku replacement?

3rd or 4th.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Comfortably ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. See if Liverpool and/or City drop points, so finishing 2nd is a possibility.
No BS-laziness at OT. Always 3 points, perhaps a draw against City or Pool.
EL winners.
FA Cup challengers.

Luke1995

I don't trust this squad to get top four. Most of the players who underperformed last season are still there...

5th - 7th

Strats

Not too sure what we should expect really. But ...

DDG
Wan Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
Matic / McTom
Bruno (maybe) - Pogba
James - Rashford - Martial
... says we should expect faster and certainly more interesting and direct play. I'm excited at this point but not expecting anything other than a battle for 4th.
I Like that team, minus Matic. McTominay had a great end of last season and has looked good during pe-season. Lets hope he can show some consistency and our midfield would be solid.

Matic' legs have just gone unfortunately, reminds me a bit from when Valencia lost his. Bit wierd how it could drop so fast considering he's "only" 31 but looks like 36. Might have to consider dropping down to CB to somewhat save the end of his career, would like to se him do that elsewhere though. Should have taken the bid on Nainggolan if it was there.

However, I think we'll finish 4th providing signing Maguire, Fernandes and getting a replacement for Lukaku. Would take some time to get everyone settled.
Chosing players Rashford, Martial, James, Lukaku replacement, Greenwood and Gomes(the latter two look ready based on pre season so far) would be fun to watch and could be more effective than we were last year.

If we start Lingard throughout the season we'll be 6th.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Let’s see what we have when the window closes before I answer.