Explosions at Boston Marathon

Cevno

Some person of interest taken in Custody apparently.

WeasteDevil

Well it isn't the most sensitive thing to say, but at least you stopped short of saying they deserved it.
Of course they didn't deserve it, but a lot of them had no qualms about blowing me up at the time, so. It's interesting when shit like this happens on American soil, the panic and hysteria it creates, when every other week they have a nutter of their own running around in some school somewhere causing far more fatalities with a gun and can't be bothered to do anything about that. It's the Amrican right no, to run around with a gun?

WeasteDevil

A lot of who? The people who were involved today?
Nobody, many innocent people were killed by the IRA funded from Boston. It's not a personal thing, it's a warped socio-political one.

Leave it out.
Why, we've faced shit like this right in our faces.

What is wrong with you?
Crying about it isn't going to help, what are we going to do now, try to invade Iran? I'm pointing out that shit that this can only be solved by going back to what caused the symptoms.

If you want to feck whatever group of people about for whatever they will come back at you for whatever reason. You stick a dog in a corner and keep kicking it and kicking it, at some point it will bite back.

You can jump up and down about this as much as you like, what worries me is that nobody wants to find a solution. Until that happens, it's not going to stop!

Ivor Ballokov

Of course they didn't deserve it, but a lot of them had no qualms about blowing me up at the time, so. It's interesting when shit like this happens on American soil, the panic and hysteria it creates, when every other week they have a nutter of their own running around in some school somewhere causing far more fatalities with a gun and can't be bothered to do anything about that. It's the Amrican right no, to run around with a gun?
That period is a blur from childhood to me but trying to connect that to what has happened today seems tenuous at the moment, especially after the confirmation of the death of an 8 year old boy.

Gun control is an equally depressing subject but it is a long and complicated one, however I'd imagine very few Americans support people running around with a gun killing and injuring innocent people.

binary bot
The picture of the guy in the wheelchair before he'd received medical attention is heartbreaking, can't believe someone has taken the photo.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
When they find out who did it they'll hopefully figure out why.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The picture of the guy in the wheelchair before he'd received medical attention is heartbreaking, can't believe someone has taken the photo.
You can't knock photographic journalists for doing it. It's like those that are in war situations taking pictures of the injured. Without it there wouldn't be as accurate or detailed a record.

Keenst

Crying about it isn't going to help, what are we going to do now, try to invade Iran? I'm pointing out that shit that this can only be solved by going back to what caused the symptoms.

If you want to feck whatever group of people about for whatever they will come back at you for whatever reason. You stick a dog in a corner and keep kicking it and kicking it, at some point it will bite back.

You can jump up and down about this as much as you like, what worries me is that nobody wants to find a solution. Until that happens, it's not going to stop!
Why didn't you just say that instead of posting something obviously inflammatory like "you reap what you sow?"

Edit: Plus we don't even know who is responsible for this yet.

binary bot
You can't knock photographic journalists for doing it. It's like those that are in war situations taking pictures of the injured. Without it there wouldn't be as accurate or detailed a record.
The one where he's being wheeled away perhaps, but the other is just so, so sad - he's lying alone and looks awake, before anybody has reached him, just awful. :(

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
BOLO issued for a dark skin male with an accent, wearing a dark hooddie/sweatshirt who had try to gain access to a restricted area, acted suspiciously. Might be related, might just be a guy with nothing to do with it.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I fecking hate local news. My local FOX affeliate has reporters at the airport waiting for passengers in off the next flight in from Logan.

My thoughts go out to everyone who's been caught up in this.

As for that photo of the guy with severe injuries. Just sickening. Hope anyone who played a part in these bombings is found quickly and dealt with.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
It amazes me, watching the video, that two runners still check their time after the first bomb goes off when they cross the line

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The one where he's being wheeled away perhaps, but the other is just so, so sad - he's lying alone and looks awake, before anybody has reached him, just awful. :(
I haven't seen that one but I personally still think it isn't unacceptable to take pictures if you are a photographic journalist. The photo may have been taken then they immediately helped them for all we know. Their job is to document things that happen, no matter how gruesome or sad they may be.
I realise not everyone will agree with that though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It amazes me, watching the video, that two runners still check their time after the first bomb goes off when they cross the line
I was thinking that myself! There's one that doesn't even flinch and carries on running across the line. Must've been in some zone!

JustAFan

just heard an interview with one runner who thought first explosion (which was behind him at the time) was some sort of fireworks being set off. So maybe at the first one runners were not really sure what was going on.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Saying on the news they have a person of interest.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I haven't seen that one but I personally still think it isn't unacceptable to take pictures if you are a photographic journalist. The photo may have been taken then they immediately helped them for all we know. Their job is to document things that happen, no matter how gruesome or sad they may be.
I realise not everyone will agree with that though.
But why not blur the face before uploading them? The man in the wheelchair with his legs blown off deserves dignity, not the thought of the image of him with his bones and ligaments hanging out of his knees being sent around the internet for millions to see.

JustAFan

One person of interest who is injured and currently in a hospital being questioned, not a suspect at this time, just someone they want to talk to. Also looking for a rented moving van (Penske) that tried to enter restricted area, probably nothing just following up on all leads.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
The BBC are reporting a quote from a police officer at the scene that says that 25-30 people have 'at least one leg missing, or an ankle missing, or two legs missing.'

Horrible.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
One person of interest who is injured and currently in a hospital being questioned, not a suspect at this time, just someone they want to talk to
Foreign national on a student visa

JustAFan

The timing of the explosions is of interest. 4 hrs into the race the finish line area would be less crowded, fewer runners, etc. So either they intentionally tried to limit the damage (unlikely) or their schedule was put off by the bigger earlier crowd.