Ezequiel Garay

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

forevrared

The whole thing reeks of one of those hour long arguments with your significant other where you say, "Once I walk out this door, I'm gone for good!" then you take a baby step towards the door and look back for her to give in, then threaten again and take another baby step and so on and so forth until you have your hand on the door knob and say "I really mean it now!" before you walk back and sit on the couch, defeated. No new contract Messrs Garay and Mendes.

SATA

We better hope it's not him that needs Woodward to fly all the way back to UK. I rather it be Fellaini than him anytime if i had to choose one

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If this signing is true, do you think we could be thinking along the lines of a back 3?

Siorac

If this signing is true, do you think we could be thinking along the lines of a back 3?
That would be weird, with our midfield options or lack of them to be precise. And I don't think Moyes ever played anything but a back four at Everton - correct me if I'm wrong though.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
That would be weird, with our midfield options or lack of them to be precise. And I don't think Moyes ever played anything but a back four at Everton - correct me if I'm wrong though.
It would be weird and I don't think he has played this way before. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why we'd need another CB?

LR7

Apparently Spanish press are reporting this as done, even calculating Madrid's share of the fee. This rumour just refuses to die.

Varun

Staff
Seems the staff know something no one else does regarding Rio and Vidic because I cant wrap my head around this transfer rumor

LR7

Spanish press convinced Manchester United have wrapped up transfer

The Spanish press are so convinced that Manchester United are about to complete a deal for Ezequiel Garay that they are already counting the money for Real Madrid. Garay plays for Benfica of course, but the Spanish side put a clause in his contract entitling them to 50% of any fee the Portuguese club received for the player, in this case that's €10m.
He's counted in Marca when they look at a list of money coming into Real Madrid. The club also got €4.4m from the sale of Negredo to Manchester City, because they had a clause in his Sevilla contract. It's being counted as money almost received. Marca are trying to work out a way it seems conceivable that the Madrid club can buy Gareth Bale and are therefore counting all the pennies, on the front page they say 'They will receive €10m for 50% of the United Garay move'.
Its not just Marca, Sport do a similar article and have two categories for counting Real Madrid's transfer income, one for closed deals and one for potential deals, the €10m for Garay and a move to Manchester United is in the closed deals section.
El Confidencial also cover the same, which makes you think someone has briefed the press. The whole idea is that this could be Real Madrid's biggest ever summer of sales and they too say that the Spanish club are set to receive €10m from Garay's 'passage to United'. It's not an if, but or maybe situation, as far as these outlets are concerned.
If the deal is so close to being completed and has been for so long then it makes you wonder why Manchester United just don't go ahead and get it completed! Yes, a centre back isn't the most exciting signing in the world but it would at least encourage fans that Edward Woodward hadn't forgot the code to the club's online banking.
The Spanish press are convinced, Garay is going to Manchester United and Real Madrid are expecting the money to arrive, this one may be close to coming to an end. Finally.

Siorac

Seems the staff know something no one else does regarding Rio and Vidic because I cant wrap my head around this transfer rumor
We're preparing for the 6-1-3 tactic, with four centre-backs and Carrick as the lonely soul in midfield. Hernández, Kagawa and Welbeck will all get lots of games alongside Van Persie up front, it makes sense and we can let Nani go.

Amir

Might well be done, but as Moyes said, he wants the 'first' signing to the be the right one.
So we'd delay the announcement until we get a more important signing done? Somehow I doubt that. If we feel we need a centerhalf, we'd got a get one and announce it as soon as it's done.

I'm still calling this Garay stuff as bullshit.

Ekeke

So now we've signed him the 11th time. Cant wait till next week when we sign him for the 12th time and the 13th the week after

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We clearly don't know something regarding one of our current center backs if we do sign him.

Still, remember that we were heavily, heavily linked with Gaitan too.

Dominos

There's still been nothing in our papers about this, I'm thinking it's Gaitan-type bollocks, Record et al said we signed him about 10 times leading up to last summer and during and nothing came of it.. If there was any truth in this I'd expect at least one of Ogden, Ducker or Ladyman to have run a story on it by now..

Ekeke

Agreed. Still think its a hoax, but I do think its taken the piss far more than Gaitan. But you just never know, it is possible just really unlikely for me. We really dont sign 27 year old CBs who failed at Madrid, whether they go on to play well at other clubs or not. It would just be so out of character for us and almost completely against the policy we've had for a long time. Obviously with a new manager coming in our policy can change, but if we do sign Garay its because of agreement we had ages before Moyes had any idea we were interested in him as manager so it wouldnt be his player anyway.

Amir

I do think its taken the piss far more than Gaitan.
No comparison, really. There were strong claims we were signing Gaitan in mid season, but once it ended we barely heard of it. This has started in January or so and hasn't ended since.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Has any journo ever once asked moyes about garay? Nope... Not even they care about this transfer

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No. He's never done it at Everton and won't try something like that in his first year at United.

LR7

Has any journo ever once asked moyes about garay? Nope... Not even they care about this transfer
British journalists are rubbish. They only care about squeezing a Rooney question in. They never asked about Thiago in any of the press conferences either, while we were all on here creaming ourselves over the speculation from abroad.

LR7

No. He's never done it at Everton and won't try something like that in his first year at United.
He has done it at Everton near the end of last season iirc but it wasn't something he did often admittedly and I don't expect him to do it here.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
The whole thing reeks of one of those hour long arguments with your significant other where you say, "Once I walk out this door, I'm gone for good!" then you take a baby step towards the door and look back for her to give in, then threaten again and take another baby step and so on and so forth until you have your hand on the door knob and say "I really mean it now!" before you walk back and sit on the couch, defeated. No new contract Messrs Garay and Mendes.
:lol:

Stickles

The only question I've seen him asked on anything is the generic "Are you still aware you're not Alex Ferguson?" one.

gulli_G

if we are going to buy the best, we should go for Hummells next year, when vidic and Rio are set to reduce their involvement

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
It's one of these smokescreens. They happen all the time, everywhere.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
if we are going to buy the best, we should go for Hummells next year, when vidic and Rio are set to reduce their involvement

The best aren't always available, and if they are we're not always guaranteed to get them if we show interest. We haven't always gone for the best every time, but we do go for quality 9 times out of 10

Revan

Assumptionman
Agree with this. Hummels will be perfect and actually will be an upgrade in our defense. Garay is at best as good as Evans and both Smalling and Jones have higher ceiling so I can't really understand this.

The Neviller

We've given Mended a Bebebung, and have allowed him to use our name in transfer stories with his players so they get other offers/bigger contracts, and in return he gets us Ronaldo on the cheap next summer, or on a free at the end of his deal.

The perfect smokescreen.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think Garay is a contingency plan. Reckon we have a deal in principle agreed but that we won't trigger it unless we need to.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Should we save our money this year for a Gundogan & Hummels raid for next year and settle for a Cabaye/Fellaini/Bale triple swoop for this season?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yes, buying Bale would be a great way of saving money.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This transfer has been "done" for about 12 months now and still hasn't materialised. It's a weird one but I get the feeling that it won't happen. Unless Moyes is waiting to see how Jones performs in midfield... :nervous:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I kind of feel for the player, constantly hearing himself linked with United for the past half a year, and nothing materialising. Also the fact the majority of fans have expressed their disinterest in signing him.