F1 2019 season

Rooney1987

Could be a penalty for Max if they decided he didn't slow enough at the final corner, went purple in the final sector but obviously the stewards will have the data to check the specific area. They might just disqualify the time which would keep him on pole or it could be a grid drop.

He might be a future world champ and he's an amazing talent but he's insanely dislikable.

Hephaestus

He might be a future world champ and he's an amazing talent but he's insanely dislikable.
Apparently the stewards initially decided no further action since the double waved yellows came out after he finished his lap and the mini-sector showed he wasn't as quick through that area as he was before but his comments have caused them to take a second look. Been defending him for mostly staying out of trouble for a while but then he does that and shows zero understanding of the situation.

Kinda worrying that two races in a row we've had an obvious example of people just not giving a shit about the safety of others. Less than 2 months since Hubert's death as well.

RedFish

Apparently the stewards initially decided no further action since the double waved yellows came out after he finished his lap and the mini-sector showed he wasn't as quick through that area as he was before but his comments have caused them to take a second look. Been defending him for mostly staying out of trouble for a while but then he does that and shows zero understanding of the situation.

Kinda worrying that two races in a row we've had an obvious example of people just not giving a shit about the safety of others. Less than 2 months since Hubert's death as well.

Looking @ the telemetry I'm assuming the blue line is his final run? Shows a drop in velocity at the end. He backed off.

Hephaestus

Looking @ the telemetry I'm assuming the blue line is his final run? Shows a drop in velocity at the end. He backed off.
If that is accurate, he lifts completely and goes on the brakes so would be fine. Suspect though that the braking happened after the finish line and the F1 app mistakenly included the bit just after, otherwise it would be extremely strange for him to lie to make himself look worse.

Member 90887

If that is accurate, he lifts completely and goes on the brakes so would be fine. Suspect though that the braking happened after the finish line and the F1 app mistakenly included the bit just after, otherwise it would be extremely strange for him to lie to make himself look worse.
This is probably right. it's not clear if that telemetry ends with the end of the lap or goes on after the finish line. The person that posted it yesterday on Reddit said that there was no information about that.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Jesus based on some of the reactions on here you'd think Verstappen had actually killed someone. I've literally seen just about every driver out there except maybe one or two do stuff that's equally dangerous or disrespectful if not more. It does seem somewhat stupid though, makes you wonder what went on behind the scenes, weren't they screaming at him to slow down or something?

I guess at least justice is served now with Leclerc starting on pole, he's a guy who really deserves it based on his sublimely safe behaviour over the last weeks.

Member 90887

[QUOTE="Henrik Larsson, post: 24867808, member: 80953"]Jesus based on some of the reactions on here you'd think Verstappen had actually killed someone. I've literally seen just about every driver out there except maybe one or two do stuff that's equally dangerous or disrespectful if not more. It does seem somewhat stupid though, makes you wonder what went on behind the scenes, weren't they screaming at him to slow down or something?

I guess at least justice is served now with Leclerc starting on pole, he's a guy who really deserves it based on his sublimely safe behaviour over the last weeks.[/QUOTE]

It's not about the fact that he disregarded yellow flags. More so about what he said in the post-quali conference. Where he said that he knew Bottas crashed but didn't slow down nonetheless.

Most of his fans are seeing this as dumb (what he said in the post-q conf) and other as disrespectful.

There's a difference between ignoring a yellow flag in the heat of the moment and knowing that you messed up and between bot giving a damn about it.

Why do you have to include Leclerc in this ? it's a weird comment to make. They didn't give Leclerc Pole, it happened that he was second so it's a normal thing that he starts first. This whataboutism is weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's not about the fact that he disregarded yellow flags. More so about what he said in the post-quali conference. Where he said that he knew Bottas crashed but didn't slow down nonetheless.

Most of his fans are seeing this are dumb (what he said in the post-q conf) and other as disrespectful.

There's a difference between ignoring a yellow flag in the heat of the moment and knowing that you messed up and between bot giving a damn about it.

Why do you have to include Leclerc in this ? it's a weird comment to make. They didn't give Leclerc Pole, it happened that he was second so it's a normal thing that he starts first. This whataboutism is weird.
I don't know man. I watched the qualifiers expecting Red Bull to have given up for this season, turned out they had a brilliant car and Verstappen was in really good form. Guy looks set for only his second pole position in six years of racing, then he fails to control his excitement and fecks up after a freak crash. Doesn't lie about it afterwards, gets the appropriate punishment. Gee what a nasty twat, may he burn in hell.

Leg-End

Max pays the penalty for his aggression, dive bombs are shite moves so he gets what he deserves

Member 90887

Max's immaturity shows again, he should have been patient with Bottas, he would have got him easily on the straight. He was way quicker than him.