F1 2019 season

vangagal

Lewis is an awesome competitor. He's got unbelievable steel under all his hairstyles:lol:

Imagine if he won a 6th title?
My prediction is Lewis would get 7th or 8th eventually if he stay beyond 2021. No doubt about that. Vettel is done for challenging Lewis according to his performance from last year untill now.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My prediction is Lewis would get 7th or 8th eventually if he stay beyond 2021. No doubt about that. Vettel is done for challenging Lewis according to his performance from last year untill now.
Oh I don't know about 7th or 8th. That would be unbelievable. I reckon the young guns will be the real competitors to Lewis cause Seb just seems like he's lost something.

vangagal

Oh I don't know about 7th or 8th. That would be unbelievable. I reckon the young guns will be the real competitors to Lewis cause Seb just seems like he's lost something.
Thats the thing thou. Today Leclerc clearly faster than Seb albeit not much faster but Ferrari doesnt have balls to let them race. Who knows what happen if Leclerc allow to catch Bottas, of course anything can happen but Seb still the first priority. I just hope it doesnt be too late the moment Leclerc got the pass to challenge Lewis.

stu_1992

Poor race for the 1000 race mark, not that it was going to be more exciting because of that. But I'm sure they would have liked a more exciting race seeing as they had this hyped up.

Easy stuff for Mercedes in the end again. This hype we've heard about Ferrari has yet to be seen really. LeClerc will come out if this weekend disappointed again. I think he can easily feel hard done by today.

Jazz

Thats the thing thou. Today Leclerc clearly faster than Seb albeit not much faster but Ferrari doesnt have balls to let them race. Who knows what happen if Leclerc allow to catch Bottas, of course anything can happen but Seb still the first priority. I just hope it doesnt be too late the moment Leclerc got the pass to challenge Lewis.
Yeah there is that. A shame really if they hold back Leclerc. He's so young as well he won't be able to manage the politics that goes on...

vangagal

Yeah there is that. A shame really if they hold back Leclerc. He's so young as well he won't be able to manage the politics that goes on...
Lewis was in the same moment as Leclerc back then with Alonso but he got full support of Ron Dennis and let them race.

Jazz

Lewis was in the same moment as Leclerc back then with Alonso but he got full support of Ron Dennis and let them race.
Let's hope Leclerc gets the same luck. We'll see.

Robertd0803

:lol::lol::lol: long may their bad luck and misfortune continue. (Speaking as a Hamilton fan).

I can see LeClerc causing Vettel all sorts of problems with in the team.
Of course theres also the bonus of Ferrari causing a lot of their problems themselves like today.

Robertd0803

And look at the fun that ended up causing with Hungary/Spygate and all the rest of it. Not sure Ferrari will want to rock the boat and upset Vettel.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Ferrari fecked up making leclerc let vettel by. First they ask vettel and he responded he's trying to speed up but can't, then they asked leclerc to speed up which he did in the very short period of time they gave him. Bizarre. Team orders now in 2 of 3 races. Cost him a lot of points.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Leclerc earned that 3rd place but Ferrari stole it from him. He won't be happy being on the wrong end of these team orders for long. Vettel is making too many mistakes, you'd think he was the inexperienced 21year old if you didn't know any better.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Ferrari are shambolic.

Sad Santi is gone. Couldn't just restrict him to this thread? He's the soul of it.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
So Mercedes will have 3 1-2s in the first 3 races. Can't remember the last time this happened. This season is turning out really boring. Hopefully Bottas will challenge Lewis this season.
The last time it happened was back in 92 or 93 when Williams knew what they were doing. I don't know what the record is of most consecutive 1-2's but I wouldn't be surprised if Merc beats it this year.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Lewis is an awesome competitor. He's got unbelievable steel under all his hairstyles:lol:

Imagine if he won a 6th title?
Lewis has that little bit of extra ability coupled with maturity and most importantly mental toughness.
Bottas looks to have recovered some confidence but Lewis always seems to be able to come back.
A few more races like this and Bottas will quickly loose that conference and the team will again favour Hamilton.

Wicked_Badger

Dull race. But you could tell that was going to happen from the way the grid lined up, all the teams qualified their cars together pretty much.

Ferrari don’t seem to be able to optimise 2 strategies at once. Whether on purpose or by accident, their 2nd driver always ends up fecked.

Merc were in a class of their own today. Lewis has Bottas in his pocket still. Bottas is a bit more racy this season (he had to be or he was finished) but I suspect you’ll see him broken again by how relentless Hamilton is.

Albon did well starting from the pit lane to grab a point is impressive, especially when you’re in a midfield car.

The Merc stacked stop was mighty impressive. Ballsy, strategically astute & delivered perfectly under pressure. I thought Red Bull were the only team capable of pulling something like that off.

gormless

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Being an Arsenal and Ferrari fan I’m surprised he didn’t have a major meltdown before. Really enjoyed his rants though funnily enough.

I’m sure he will sign back up under an alias sporting a Vettel moustache.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I'm really not liking the direction this season is going.

Furthermore, it could be ominous for the competitiveness going into 2020 - if Mercedes have this kind of head start on the others under these aero regs.

Can't see Ferrari challenging Mercedes if the cars are anywhere near each other. Ferrari's race operations are just a shambles, sadly. And when they don't self combust through strategy, Vettel cracks under the pressure. In Bahrain he had the fastest car, but let himself get flustered by Lewis and span. Could you imagine Lewis spinning in that scenario? Or, for that matter: Could you imagine Vettel going around the outside of Lewis in a clearly inferior car?

Of course, this wouldn't have happened if Ferrari ran a pro-active strategy and pre-emptied the undercut, which they never do.

So in short: Ferrari would need a car that's totally dominant to have any chance of snatching the world title from Lewis. Even in a worse car he's the favourite, and this year I think Mercedes have the better car to boot.

A shame that Red Bull have fecked up their chassis this season. They're the only one who can fight Mercedes on level terms when it comes to race operation and driver ability.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Dull race. But you could tell that was going to happen from the way the grid lined up, all the teams qualified their cars together pretty much.

Ferrari don’t seem to be able to optimise 2 strategies at once. Whether on purpose or by accident, their 2nd driver always ends up fecked.

Merc were in a class of their own today. Lewis has Bottas in his pocket still. Bottas is a bit more racy this season (he had to be or he was finished) but I suspect you’ll see him broken again by how relentless Hamilton is.

Albon did well starting from the pit lane to grab a point is impressive, especially when you’re in a midfield car.

The Merc stacked stop was mighty impressive. Ballsy, strategically astute & delivered perfectly under pressure. I thought Red Bull were the only team capable of pulling something like that off.
Well said my friend. I agree with all you have said. In particular the Mercedes double pit stop was carried out with outstanding precision. Also agree about Albon. He seems to have a lot of confidence and could be a star of the future.

Your point about Bottas is mine too. Lewis Hamilton is mighty relentless and very much at the top of his game. Contrast that with Vettel who seems to accept a podium finish.
Yes he is very good but he is not on the same level as Hamilton and he knows that.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Ferrari fecked up making leclerc let vettel by. First they ask vettel and he responded he's trying to speed up but can't, then they asked leclerc to speed up which he did in the very short period of time they gave him. Bizarre. Team orders now in 2 of 3 races. Cost him a lot of points.
I thought that it was good that Leclerc closed back on Vettel after team orders.
In the post race debrief, Vettel was full of empty excuses as to why he could not get away from his team mate.

I am looking forward to Red Bull sorting out their car because the Honda is now looking competitive especially in the Torro Rosso. With a quick Verstappen they can seriously challenge Ferrari.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I thought that it was good that Leclerc closed back on Vettel after team orders.
In the post race debrief, Vettel was full of empty excuses as to why he could not get away from his team mate.

I am looking forward to Red Bull sorting out their car because the Honda is now looking competitive especially in the Torro Rosso. With a quick Verstappen they can seriously challenge Ferrari.
Gasly is a disappointment. Can't see him lasting long.

Leg-End

Gasly gets the benefit of the doubt for a few races but he has to get closer to Verstappen or people are going to start questioning him, wouldn't expect him to be on Max's level but he's getting shown up at the moment.

He's had a few decent results but I don't really see "it" with him, plus he sounds like a cry baby on the radio.

vangagal

Can see Albon getting quick promotion after summer break if what we've seen so far continue into mid season. But yeah, Gasly must given a leeway at the moment.

Abizzz

The recovery truck hitting the bridge is even better :lol:. What a shambles.