F1 2024 Season

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
As a F1 rookie: is this because some lightning in a bottle situation with RB car being driven by Max? Like is it the car that much better or Max being insanely good?
Drivers don't really matter that much

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I don’t think I’ve ever had such a pathological hatred of any team or driver, more than I do for Red Bull and Verstappen. Dislike the entire Red Bull model, across all their divisions (especially sport), their team principle makes my skin crawl every time I see him, or hear him speak; and Verstappen, I couldn’t stand him since he broke through, with his reckless driving endangering other people. Now he has this hyper dominant car and team built around him, and I have to look at his disgustingly smug, stupid face.

I can already see this season will be boring and unbearable. I’m out.
At least you're being honest about it. See ya.

dinostar77

If a driver is winning all the time but having to fight and work for the win, that’s fine it’s watchable and exciting, but one driver ripping the grid apart every race is not
OK Vettel and Lewis did win races by big margins but not week in week out.
i agree.

FIA changed the rules to slow peak mercedes down a number of times. i dont think that would help as newey and co are the best under these rules.

Darkhorsez

I don’t think I’ve ever had such a pathological hatred of any team or driver, more than I do for Red Bull and Verstappen. Dislike the entire Red Bull model, across all their divisions (especially sport), their team principle makes my skin crawl every time I see him, or hear him speak; and Verstappen, I couldn’t stand him since he broke through, with his reckless driving endangering other people. Now he has this hyper dominant car and team built around him, and I have to look at his disgustingly smug, stupid face.

I hear you - somethings got to change as interest will drop and this is a huge business - lots of money involved.

Redplane

i agree.

FIA changed the rules to slow peak mercedes down a number of times. i dont think that would help as newey and co are the best under these rules.
Thing is every team agreed to this, and even yesterday the top 3 drivers alone were quoted as saying they think the way it currently works is the best approach to closing up the grid.

hp88

How is Max 17secs ahead of someone in the same car? Perez isn’t the best driver out there but surely that gap has got to be smaller.

altodevil

Just give us spec sprints every other race that only count for wdc

altodevil

How is Max 17secs ahead of someone in the same car? Perez isn’t the best driver out there but surely that gap has got to be smaller.
Ignoring grid positions: 17s, 34 laps = 0.5s a lap. Which is about the gap.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Fingers crossed for some Benny Hill antics on Verstappen's stop. Lads tripping over fuel lines and dropping tires, come on.

United Hobbit

Fingers crossed for some Benny Hill antics on Verstappen's stop. Lads tripping over fuel lines and dropping tires, come on.
He's got a big enough lead he'd have still come out clear!

That's the other thing, RB are so well drilled they rarely make mistakes

United Hobbit

Remember when Lewis finished the British GP still in front even with a puncture he got on the last lap? It feels like those times

Telsim

As a F1 rookie: is this because some lightning in a bottle situation with RB car being driven by Max? Like is it the car that much better or Max being insanely good?
You will get plenty of people downplaying Verstappen. But he is just that good. Most talented driver I have seen since Schumacher. It's mental. Of course, the car is incredible, too.

dinostar77

We need a new graphic, may a colour to show how much of the grid max has lapped.

dinostar77

You will get plenty of people downplaying Verstappen. But he is just that good. Most talented driver I have seen since Schumacher. It's mental. Of course, the car is incredible, too.
Hes very very good, but theres no benchmark within his team. Put him in the ferrari or mercedes and he aint winning the title.

Think most of the grid would win the title in that car, maybe not to the same race margins.

Ahmer Baig

Pointless strategy for Alonso. Stayed out for too long in the first stint. And doing it again

sepulturite

Random thought: it seems impossible but does anyone know if it ever happened when the race FL is faster than the pole position time?
I doubt it, even when the fuel is down as low as qualifying at the end of the race the tyres are usually worn or they don't have the engine turned up as high as qualifying (years ago anyway, I don't think they do engine modes anymore), they've got close in the last few years though I'd say with the whole getting a point for it.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

What's this about?

F-Red

Crofty and Brundle trying their hardest to make this race more exciting than it actually has been.

dinostar77

Another mistake by Russell under pressure
Yeh, cant see Mercedes relying on Russell as no1 driver next season. Too many mistakes.Also dont think hes in that tier of driver i.e. potential future world champion (one day far far away when newey and max retire after winning 100,000,000,000 races).

Redplane

I doubt it, even when the fuel is down as low as qualifying at the end of the race the tyres are usually worn or they don't have the engine turned up as high as qualifying (years ago anyway, I don't think they do engine modes anymore), they've got close in the last few years though I'd say with the whole getting a point for it.
Yeah I figured as much. Though it might be a really interesting factoid if at any point it did happen!