F1 2024 Season

dinostar77

Wonder FIA will listen to Verstappen and Russell in regards to the ride height of the cars needing to be raised because of health and saftey concerns.

As russell describes it
"..The length of an AA battery is the distance we are from the ground at the beginning (of the straight) and at the end it is the size of a chickpea. So every single tiny bump, it goes all through your body..."

Max "..End of the straight with full load, the impact is too high with the low ride-heights.."

It could be done in season as it was in 2022. As an aside if it impacted the RedBulls more than the other leading cars (i doubt it would), then they maybe for it as a means of slowing down the RedBulls under health and saftey grounds.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68491352

Max Verstappen and George Russell want F1 cars raised

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
The video for the new Saudi track looks insane !
First corner 70 meters in the air over a concert venue :eek:
If they build it it will be a feat.
Had to go look at the video after your comment. The concept looks crazy, and is going to cost a fortune. Similarly it appears at some point they potentially have a glass bottom pool going over the track as well. It will be really interesting if the massively outlandish expensive stuff actually makes it into the final design, though knowing the Saudi's they will want to construct something real fancy and ignore the price tag.

pacifictheme

Had to go look at the video after your comment. The concept looks crazy, and is going to cost a fortune. Similarly it appears at some point they potentially have a glass bottom pool going over the track as well. It will be really interesting if the massively outlandish expensive stuff actually makes it into the final design, though knowing the Saudi's they will want to construct something real fancy and ignore the price tag.

I think it looks amazing. Decent layout and not a street track. America made a track in a car park but Saudi Arabia made one in the sky

pauldyson1uk

Its the raised bit that has be, a bit concerned.
I know that every possibility will be explored and there will be plenty of run off area, but still there is that very small chance of disaster.

pacifictheme

Its the raised bit that has be, a bit concerned.
I know that every possibility will be explored and there will be plenty of run off area, but still there is that very small chance of disaster.
It will be grade one so has the same chance of disaster as any track, and by disaster we mean a car going over a fence which hasn't happened in my memory. The closest was Zhou a couple of years back but the elevation working against the cars makes this even less likely here if anything. Plus looking at the layout they will be going fast but not top speed and it's not really an overtaking area so it seems very unlikely.

F1 has chosen money and glamour and this track is how you do it properly. So feck it.

pauldyson1uk

It will be grade one so has the same chance of disaster as any track, and by disaster we mean a car going over a fence which hasn't happened in my memory. The closest was Zhou a couple of years back but the elevation working against the cars makes this even less likely here if anything. Plus looking at the layout they will be going fast but not top speed and it's not really an overtaking area so it seems very unlikely.

F1 has chosen money and glamour and this track is how you do it properly. So feck it.
I know the chances are almost zero and the track looks amazing.
Money and glamour, yeah I agree, but will it get built ?

pacifictheme

I know the chances are almost zero and the track looks amazing.
Money and glamour, yeah I agree, but will it get built ?
I hope so it looks mega. After all the crap street tracks would be good to get something new but of all of them yeah this probably won't.

pauldyson1uk

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Guess most of RB’s management (and that of any other team) should be worried about their jobs if dishonesty is anything to go buy. :lol:

Jesus, you couldn’t make this up. Shame things on the track aren’t as dramatic.

F-Red

Bearman to drive for Ferrari this weekend as Sainz has gone to have treatment for appendicitis.

Great to finally see a rookie in a car this season.

pauldyson1uk

Bearman to drive for Ferrari this weekend as Sainz has gone to have treatment for appendicitis.

Great to finally see a rookie in a car this season.
He is having surgery, I would not expect to see him for a minimum 6 weeks.
I was off work for 6 when mine ruptured , worse pain I have ever been in.
I would say China 21st April or Miami 5th May before we see him.

hobbers

He is having surgery, I would not expect to see him for a minimum 6 weeks.
I was off work for 6 when mine ruptured , worse pain I have ever been in.
I would say China 21st April or Miami 5th May before we see him.
Albon was only out for 2 weeks and he had serious complications.

United Hobbit

Now wondering what to do with him for the prediction

I seem to recall he didn't do very well when being used for a practice but I don't think he was in a Ferrari, can anyone remember what car he had? For some reason I'm thinking a Haas?

hobbers

Mind you maybe Albon is just a bit of a freak. He was put in an induced coma on a ventilator and was back racing in Singapore of all places 10 days later.

pauldyson1uk

Mind you maybe Albon is just a bit of a freak. He was put in an induced coma on a ventilator and was back racing in Singapore of all places 10 days later.
I was just going of my own experience of emergency appendix surgery, mind burst, first week I could hardly walk.
But lets be honest he is way way fitter than me, so hopefully a swift recovery.

Dan_F

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Actually feel a bit bummed about Sainz not being able to compete this weekend. Seems like with even more fire in his belly this season it seems he could surprise us all. But I guess the season is still long.

United Hobbit

Surely this is a golden opportunity for Bearman to get a seat for next season if he does insanely well

dinostar77

Surely this is a golden opportunity for Bearman to get a seat for next season if he does insanely well
Can see him in a Haas for a few seasons till Hamilton retires then join leclerc at Ferrari.

It's a real shame F1 won't go to three drivers per team and make the third slot someone who can't be older than 24 years old. Would allow rookies to come through and make it more interesting. Who wouldn't want to see Sergio perez being spanked on track by a 18 year old wonderkid in a RedBull.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Can see him in a Haas for a few seasons till Hamilton retires then join leclerc at Ferrari.

It's a real shame F1 won't go to three drivers per team and make the third slot someone who can't be older than 24 years old. Would allow rookies to come through and make it more interesting. Who wouldn't want to see Sergio perez being spanked on track by a 18 year old wonderkid in a RedBull.
Would never happen though. Your reason for introducing it is probably about the only reason you’d do it. It’d actually be pretty chaotic to implement in reality!