g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2024 Season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Tsunoda isn't that bad, he is nothing special but I am not sure Ricciardo even proved yet he is better than him(altough I have no doubt that he will once he reaches good form).

Saergant and Stroll are terrible though and clearly there for everything other than being good drivers.

ChrisNelson

I agree, have said it before, I wonder how much power Jos really has ? I firmly believe he is behind the leak.
As someone who knows little about F1, feel free to make me look an idiot but how much power can the father of a driver possibly yield?

Even the best driver?!

Mike Smalling

As someone who knows little about F1, feel free to make me look an idiot but how much power can the father of a driver possibly yield?

Even the best driver?!
I also don't know anything about it, but presumably he has some kind of influence on Max? And if he can nudge him to take his talents elsewhere, that is maybe something he can leverage, given that Max is clearly the greatest driver of all time.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
f1 doing its level best to turn itself into wwe.

hobbers

Yet more allegations
Mohammed Ben Sulayem, president of Formula 1's governing body, allegedly told officials not to certify the Las Vegas circuit for its race last year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68478049
“Whistleblower” pretty thick then. Even if this were true it makes no sense and no one would believe it.

Claiming the opposite would have been more convincing, that he tried to pressure them to certify LV circuit despite it not being fit.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Especially when it comes to Mohammed it feels like they keep throwing mud at the wall to see what sticks. Not to say none of it is true or that Im defending the guy - it just seems like being FIA president is a job few should want. It's also easy to forget it covers more than just F1 so who knows what other classes of motorsports covered by them might want him out. F1 related dirt just gets the most press.

United Hobbit

I think it's interesting someone is really ramping up these allegations against CH when there's suddenly now a vacant seat at Mercedes...

Would daddy and co be so keen in their pursuit if there wasn't an equally powerful seat available

Redplane

I think it's interesting someone is really ramping up these allegations against CH when there's suddenly now a vacant seat at Mercedes...

Would daddy and co be so keen in their pursuit if there wasn't an equally powerful seat available
Yeah it def doesn't feel out of left field. It's long been rumored there are concerns with the PU development at RB for the new regs. Merc has long coveted Max and is more likely to nail engine regs than aero, and they d probably love to stick it to Lewis and Ferrari by offering him a bigger contract or equivalent and then blowing them out of the water on the track.

F-Red

“Whistleblower” pretty thick then. Even if this were true it makes no sense and no one would believe it.

Claiming the opposite would have been more convincing, that he tried to pressure them to certify LV circuit despite it not being fit.
It makes complete sense, long standing tension between FOM/FIA and Las Vegas was the first 'in-house' Grand Prix where FOM were the promoter as well. Sulayem knew that if this model was successful it would put a lot of power back into FOM's hands.

hobbers

It makes complete sense, long standing tension between FOM/FIA and Las Vegas was the first 'in-house' Grand Prix where FOM were the promoter as well. Sulayem knew that if this model was successful it would put a lot of power back into FOM's hands.
Maybe. Still doesnt help that it's the same person whistleblowing on two very divergent themes and there being other officials in the room who have 'different recollections'.

The second claim undermines the credibility of the first if anything.

Ahmer Baig

Smells like somebody wants MBS out, not a surprise really as he's not exactly covered himself in glory since he's taken over.

Now the question is, is it coming from inside FIA or from Liberty

Redplane

Smells like somebody wants MBS out, not a surprise really as he's not exactly covered himself in glory since he's taken over.

Now the question is, is it coming from inside FIA or from Liberty
Both could be true. Several people having an axe to grind with FIA like a Toto who happens to also have commercial interests through the Liberty side. And that's just the one we most know about. Enemy of my enemy and all that.

F-Red

Maybe. Still doesnt help that it's the same person whistleblowing on two very divergent themes and there being other officials in the room who have 'different recollections'.

The second claim undermines the credibility of the first if anything.
The whistleblower has been that credible that the FIA's own compliance officer thinks there's merit in the claims and has submitted it in a report to their ethics committee. I don't think someone of their standing would risk their reputation if they didn't think there was merit in the claims.

Redplane

The whistleblower has been that credible that the FIA's own compliance officer thinks there's merit in the claims and has submitted it in a report to their ethics committee. I don't think someone of their standing would risk their reputation if they didn't think there was merit in the claims.
Perhaps. But people like that need to protect themselves too. Often times complaints are brought forth because otherwise the next complaint will be against you, or you open the door for other types of allegations being made against the company for not taking a claim seriously. In other words, them taking it "seriously" could be more about self preservation. They *need* to take it seriously.

hobbers

If someone with a position in the FIA makes that sort of claim and leaks it to the press they dont have any choice but to treat it seriously.

Seems kinda similar to Horner, in that someone is out there throwing everything including the kitchen sink at them while hiding behind veils of anonymity. And however sleazy Horner is or corrupt MBS is, there are bigger monsters in the shadows.

dinostar77

Gerhard Berger

Berger predicts what lies ahead at Red Bull: "Horner stays, Helmut Marko and Adrian Newey leave and Max goes to Mercedes," said the Austrian, who is considered a good friend of Marko. For example, it was Red Bull that entered the DTM in 2021 when the then boss asked if Red Bull could help them keep the championship viable

United Hobbit

If I bet I'd be putting a couple of quid on Lewis' vacant mercedes seat for next year being filled by Max

What would happen with Adrian Newey though, wonder if he'd stay at RB, Daddy insist he go with Max wherever he goes, or retire?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
If I bet I'd be putting a couple of quid on Lewis' vacant mercedes seat for next year being filled by Max

What would happen with Adrian Newey though, wonder if he'd stay at RB, Daddy insist he go with Max wherever he goes, or retire?
max is better off without newey. he’ll need to dominate the same way without a newey car if he wants to be considered the greatest.

dinostar77

I wouldn't be surprised if Newey gave Ferrari a go. Especially if they let him build his own road car as well (they made this offer last year before he extended with RB). I mean who gets the chance to design their own Ferrari road car?

Last edited:

United Hobbit

I wouldn't be surprised if Newry gave Ferrari a go. Especially if they let him build his own road car as well (they made this offer last year before he extended with RB). I mean who gets the chance to design their own Ferrari road car?
Imagine getting to design your own Ferrari, wow

F-Red

Probably retire.

I did see a left field view on Twitter that he'd go to Toyota and design a hypercar for LeMans, before taking over at Sauber when Toyota potentially buy out Audi's share. Very left field.

Redplane

I wouldn't be surprised if Newey gave Ferrari a go. Especially if they let him build his own road car as well (they made this offer last year before he extended with RB). I mean who gets the chance to design their own Ferrari road car?
They re already in the early production phase with his own RB car so that was checked off the list. That was apparently a big reason they got him to stay because he got full authority over its design. He is quite geeked when he talks about it.

dinostar77

They re already in the early production phase with his own RB car so that was checked off the list. That was apparently a big reason they got him to stay because he got full authority over its design. He is quite geeked when he talks about it.
Still, not the same as designing your own Ferrari road car. It's Ferrari after all. The pinnacle of cars.

hobbers

Newey will be 67 by the time the new regs come in so might not actually have much time to be designing new f1 cars.

Anyone remember Max Mosley drama?
Mosley was in the shadows until he was dragged out of it. Todt kept himself to himself too.

MBS has made himself front and centre of F1 during his tenure and that's rubbed some people wrong.

I also wonder if these leaks and those against CH are completely independent events.

Redplane

All this speculation and *alleged* drama (I still think some of it is journos playing loose with the facts) does lead me to restate something: Liberty is probably loving the (manufactured?) drama. Between DtS and things like this: F1 has gone the WWE route. In a way it must be super frustrating for drivers and crews in particular.

Watching a F1 race in person in some ways is the only way to truly appreciate the insane speeds these guys fly across tracks and what the drivers and teams in general had to do to make it look so seamless on TV. The peripheral reality tv like noise is disappointing in that sense.

pacifictheme

All this speculation and *alleged* drama (I still think some of it is journos playing loose with the facts) does lead me to restate something: Liberty is probably loving the (manufactured?) drama. Between DtS and things like this: F1 has gone the WWE route. In a way it must be super frustrating for drivers and crews in particular.

Watching a F1 race in person in some ways is the only way to truly appreciate the insane speeds these guys fly across tracks and what the drivers and teams in general had to do to make it look so seamless on TV. The peripheral reality tv like noise is disappointing in that sense.
F1 has always had drama. It's no worse for it now than it ever was. The internet just magnifies stuff like this.