F1 2024 Season

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
F1 has always had drama. It's no worse for it now than it ever was. The internet just magnifies stuff like this.
True and I said as much myself before in this thread as well. I still believe the sport is cleaner than it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago- But that's my point in a way: its so much more amplified to an unhealthy degree.

The Firestarter

True and I said as much myself before in this thread as well. I still believe the sport is cleaner than it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago- But that's my point in a way: its so much more amplified to an unhealthy degree.
There was a point when F1 was literally toxic. Like adding rocket fuel to gasoline and creating deadly exhaust fumes toxic.

pacifictheme

Yeah that is fair. There is probably far less drama now but F1 has probably ever been covered asich as now so the little there is gets blown out of proportion.

Imagine if red bull had decided to bin max half way through 2021 and then he won the title, like when it happened to hill, or mansell. Or all the senna and prost stuff.

Feels like the drivers are way too friendly now for my liking. It's all pr and vibes. I liked it when they hated each other :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Feels like the drivers are way too friendly now for my liking. It's all pr and vibes. I liked it when they hated each other
They are, but then most of them have driven karting togerher and stuff like that, and most of them look down the earth guys which isn't always the case in other sports. And to be fair to young ones, most of them respect the older driver like Hamilton and Alonso despite not being friends with them like they are with their generation.

It's actually quite respectable, despite lacking that spark that we all want so see, but it sets a good example for younger generations, unlike footballers, basketball players, etc.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Reckon the end is nigh for Horner after those comments by Max.

Redplane

Reckon the end is nigh for Horner after those comments by Max.
It does seem unusually specific for him, even if for the most parts his words are still very measured. One thing that isn't clear to me is whether he meant he preferred to have both people of his management by his side, or if he meant both Jos and Horner? I only read the transcript.

Redplane

Russell's comments about wanting Max as his teammate too :lol:

Didn't expect this type of shit housery this early in the season but Merc in particular clearly is trying to throw some fuel on the fire and some elements in RB are helping them do it.

Max in a Merc still seems very likely at some pt honestly. Again primarily bc of the relationship Jos and Toto have, them courting Max before, and the reg changes being far more likely to end up being to Merc's benefit by 26, and then of course Helmut will likely retire in the very near future as well. If Newey still has the energy after finishing his work at RB the super car there - which coincidentally seems to coincide with 26, I can see only Merc and Ferrari to be attractive enough for him to close out his career.

Redplane

What did Max say?
For the most part his answers I think were very measured but it's probably these two parts that have people curious the most:

Verstappen was asked if his father regretted his comments: “I have not asked him that, but my dad is very outspoken and he is not a liar, that is for sure. My dad and I are very close. We call every day. I don’t see myself in F1 without them (his father and manager) by my side.”

Max was also asked about the possibility of going to Mercedes in the future:

"Well, you know, the thing is, I don't think anybody would have noticed or seen that Lewis would move to Ferrari. And in my life, and it doesn't matter, that's not related to F1 or whatever, is it? It's just life in general. You never know what's going on or what's coming at you or what's going on around you or what might influence you."

"So you can never 100% say that's the way it's going to be. And I approach my life like that, but I don't think about it too much either."

"I'm very relaxed. Like I said, I'm very happy in the team. So I'm happy in the team, the performance is there, there's no reason to leave."

RoyH1

Formula One is in a weird place right now where the excitement comes from what happens outside of the races and not in them.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Formula One is in a weird place right now where the excitement comes from what happens outside of the races and not in them.
Very much so. Hopefully Saudi Arabia will be much more interesting than Bahrain GP which was pretty crap.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If Newey still has the energy after finishing his work at RB the super car there - which coincidentally seems to coincide with 26, I can see only Merc and Ferrari to be attractive enough for him to close out his career.
Still dreaming that he'll go back to Williams.

United Hobbit

A good constructive dismissal case coming Red Bull's way I think.
Yep know I'd be doing one if I was her. Aren't whistle blowers supposed to be protected unless it's proven to be made up/malicious?

Wonder if they think she leaked that folder out of spite at the case being thrown out?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
As with other cases. Until we know more there’s no point is jumping to conclusions.

hobbers

Suspending the accuser, but the accused is still working.
FFS that is sending out all the wrong signals
Doesnt matter one jot what signals are sent out if they caught her leaking privileged information to damage her employer.

pauldyson1uk

Doesnt matter one jot what signals are sent out if they caught her leaking privileged information to damage her employer.
And if that’s the case , she deserves whatever is coming to her, it does not alter the fact that Horner comes over has a creep and that’s being kind or that the texts were sent.
All this is doing is further damaging F1 as a whole.
The whole sordid episode needs to be sorted and sorted quickly.

F-Red

Yep know I'd be doing one if I was her. Aren't whistle blowers supposed to be protected unless it's proven to be made up/malicious?

Wonder if they think she leaked that folder out of spite at the case being thrown out?
Yes whistleblowers are but this probably wouldn’t count as whistleblow, just a straight grievance. Red Bulls main challenge will be justifying why they didn’t suspend Horner, but this employee. It’s the biggest mistake Red Bull have made by keeping Horner in post whilst they investigated.

It’ll go quite far this, presumably to a high court tribunal as no doubt some financial backers who want Horner out will ensure the other party has top legal representation.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I'll be 36 in two weeks and have watched since 1998. I sense my interest diminishing and I'm not sure it will come back. This early start to the season with back to back Saturday races is not vibing with my mojo.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Horner trying to silence the noise again.

It must be shite being a female fan of F1 at the moment.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The gap will be even bigger in the race this weekend, nothing will flow through those high speed sections quicker than the RedBull.
Yeah, for this type of track there is really no hope for anyone even challenging Red Bull again.

United Hobbit

Surely if Sainz is still struggling with a stomach bug, someone else could do at least one of today's practices?

Let him try and recover for tomorrow's qualifying and the race

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Horner trying to silence the noise again.

It must be shite being a female fan of F1 at the moment.
if they’ve got a problem with it then they should just shut up and send pictures. then delete the messages.