FA Cup 2023/24

mav_9me

Depends on the goal I guess. My assumption is they want to win the PL and CL again and for that they need a new manager and basically an entire new starting eleven.

I guess an argument could be made that with the current team they can do better under a new manager but ‘better’ shouldn’t be that hard and still an uphill battle to get top 4 with these players.
Which is where we disagree. A better manager would be in a top 4 race.

Of course they probably do need a defender or two and a striker.

mav_9me

Premier league home form is fairly impressive as I pointed out myself on that thread.
Previously. But in that run of form discussed, they drew to Sheffield united, barely beat Burnley, and have now lost back to back home matches to Newcastle and Chelsea

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You'll beat us if it's Carlos-Lenglet as CB duo, that combination isn't getting us top 4. Do they even talk as ridiculous Jackson got 5 yards of space to score the second.

Midfield was terrible aswell, Chelsea easily won that area of the pitch and it set the tone once they scored first.

Lots of work to do and obviously need a response on Sunday even if it's just a battling draw as in the circumstances that's o.k.

JustinC00

Premier league home form is fairly impressive as I pointed out myself on that thread.
Their home form hasn't been impressive at all since before Christmas

Lost to Newcastle 1-3
Scrapped by 10-man Burnley needing a 90th min penalty to secure a win
Drew 1-1 with Sheffield
and I know it isn't the league but they just got rolled by Chelsea at home 1-3 and started a strong side

6 goals 9 conceded 1-1-2 in their last 4 matches at home

mav_9me

You'll beat us if it's Carlos-Lenglet as CB duo, that combination isn't getting us top 4. Do they even talk as ridiculous Jackson got 5 yards of space to score the second.

Midfield was terrible aswell, Chelsea easily won that area of the pitch and it set the tone once they scored first.

Lots of work to do and obviously need a response on Sunday even if it's just a battling draw as in the circumstances that's o.k.
Yep. I'm assuming Torres was being rested, so should be back, right?

In case you didn't notice, for the 1st goal Carlos gave Jackson all the time in the world to get into the box before engaging him. Terrible defending.

Silverman

Forest may be better than Bristol City cos they won't see it as big a match or as big a giant killing. May help to dim any big hype around the match.

JB7

Was hoping Bristol City would win because I really can't arsed to go to Nottingham again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So bizare rival fans trying to banter "Chelsea, Chelsea" when they literally all have their own equivalent.
That’s true but also, despite it being by far the most mocked chant of any chant by any club I can think of, it’s my favourite chant in the world :lol:

always_hoping

United with a manager under serious pressure playing Forest away in the cup :nervous:
"fergie the flop" was the UK media headline at time. United went into that cup tie without a win in eight games and failed to score in six of those matches. To make matters worse, there was a injury crisis with several players unavailable. Most notably, club captain and talisman Bryan Robson, summer signings Paul Ince and Neil Webb, plus Colin Gibson, Mal Donaghy, Lee Sharpe and Danny Wallace.

Forest under Clough had just won the league cup and had reached the latter stages of the FA Cup the previous two seasons.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yep. I'm assuming Torres was being rested, so should be back, right?

In case you didn't notice, for the 1st goal Carlos gave Jackson all the time in the world to get into the box before engaging him. Terrible defending.
He hasn't started a game since mid December away at Brentford. He was on the bench at Old Trafford and then didn't start the following match so I don't really think so.

We are very vulnerable in that area now with Konsa out until March as there is no leadership and that simply gets exposed v decent teams (can get away with it v Sheffield United).

IRN-BRUno

5th round:

Monday 26th February
Coventry vs Maidstone - 7.45pm - ITV4

Tuesday 27th February
Bournemouth vs Leicester - 7.30pm - BBC iPlayer
Blackburn vs Newcastle - 7.45pm - BBC1
Luton vs Manchester City - 8pm - ITV1

Wednesday 28th February
Chelsea vs Leeds - 7.30pm - ITV4
Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United - 7.45pm - BBC1
Wolves vs Brighton - 7.45pm - BBC iPlayer
Liverpool vs Southampton - 8pm - ITV1

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, proper business end of the season. Utd please tire Forest out for us for Saturday. Just like you did Luton last week. But keep enough energy for City on Sunday! :nervous:

Luton please give City hell at your favoured home ground. Ideally knock them out too!

erikcred

Wow, proper business end of the season. Utd please tire Forest out for us for Saturday. Just like you did Luton last week. But keep enough energy for City on Sunday! :nervous:

Luton please give City hell at your favoured home ground. Ideally knock them out too!
Sorry mate. Seen this movie before. City probably not losing again this season.

MonkeysMagic

I wonder, leading after few min, are the City players going to sh*t the bed and start bricking it when Luton attack for the rest of the half?

TheReligion

Abusive

Luton have a preferred home ground?

Interesting

Blood Mage

City are going to tear us a new arsehole on Sunday. We might be less organised than this Luton side.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
City are going to tear us a new arsehole on Sunday. We might be less organised than this Luton side.
Well if your gonna lose, at least rough them up a bit.. sick of seeing these having “no injury concerns” on the Sky bulletin before every game. They‘ll no doubt brisk though this tie unscathed.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Alex Scott is such a talented player.

Widow

Imagine all you sing away at Luton are songs about United, obsessed.

I'm not having it that it's because Luton have two former United academy lads either. Surely their not getting their cocks out over two lads that hardly played for the first team, are they?

always_hoping

Blackburn 16th in the championship look on par with Newcastle. Best chances in that half also.

Haaland I see has found his mojo before the Manchester Derby. Maguire trying to mark him hmm..