FA Cup 2023/24

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The thing is with that goal, if the keeper was stronger as people were saying he should have been and went through Diaz, Diaz would have flopped to the floor and probably would have been a pen
Exactly my take on it as well. He could be stronger, but with Diaz backing into him like that, it would probably involve pushing him. It doesn’t take much for city to get a pen from grappling on a set piece, just ask Hojlund.

James35

B2B Treble on??
I believe so, records don’t mean anything to them now, mine and I’m sure many peoples only real hope is they get given a harsh punishment for the 115, but doubt they ever will. Money talks and they’ll keep on winning leagues and CL for a fair while yet.

I think they’ll do the treble quite easily this season. The last few months of the season they’ll be flying as usual and win pretty much every game they play. Liverpool will put up a decent fight but fall short and I could only see Madrid having a very slim chance of beating them in the CL.

thisisnottaken1

I’m so pissed off that City have a good chance of back to back trebles, the fact that they will go down in the history books as the first team to do so (at least the first English team) and overtake another one of our records, even though it shouldn’t count because every man and his dog knows that they cheated, yet the media keep swooning over them. I’m fecking fed up of those blue cnuts.

croadyman

Their manager scored equaliser when Wolves ended our unbeaten start to 10/11 season

Eric_the_Red99

:lol: True, though...

They showed this one old woman in all her Maidstone garb holding a mylar trophy balloon with MUFC on it... threw me off for a second.
It's funny because Maidstone used to be known as the 'Manchester United of non-league' back in the 80s

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Been a good cup tie this, Ipswich have missed so many chances.

Gator Nate

So here's what I have seen from Ipswitch:

They can't break down the low block.

They can't finish.

The opposing goalkeeper turns world class for 90 minutes.

It's dejavu...

andy0

BBC live text a few minutes ago:

It's 3.36 v 0.85 on xG, by the way. Ipswich have had 20 shots inside the penalty area alone and 36 in total!

Maidstone remain on 100%, two goals from two efforts.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Great result for my home town club.

Hopefully an away trip to Old Trafford next. The money from that would be transformative for the club.

G-manc

I enjoyed that; I was only gonna watch 10 minutes but ended up watching all of it and cheering every clearance and save. I studied in Maidstone 20 years ago and have fond memories of the place.

It was like a cup upset from the 80’s of 90’s and you don’t get many anymore.

GiveItToGi...nowait

Absolute magic for Maidstone, these sort of results are hands down the best thing about football in this country.