FA Cup or Top 4 this season?

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NLunited

We'll be able to attract top players without CL football like we've done before with Pogba and Casemiro. With our imminent takeover happening there should be some excitement around the club and players will want to join with or without CL football. Sure, it won't be as easy to attract the best talent but it's definitely not all doom and gloom if we miss out. Unlike the last decade we have a manager that actually knows what he's doing.
It’s time you guys stop being in denial about this club. Top players do NOT want to come here if we don’t have CL football lined up. Ten Hag literally said so, comparing last season to this season.

Casemiro wanted to play for Ten Hag. Some of the other ‘top’ players of the last years, were on their last legs or formerly at the club.

Now that we are about to clinch top four and we have a good manager, things are looking very different. We have a better position to negotiate.

fergosaurus

It’s time you guys stop being in denial about this club. Top players do NOT want to come here if we don’t have CL football lined up. Ten Hag literally said so, comparing last season to this season.

Casemiro wanted to play for Ten Hag. Some of the other ‘top’ players of the last years, were on their last legs or formerly at the club.

Now that we are about to clinch top four and we have a good manager, things are looking very different. We have a better position to negotiate.
And so will other top players. It's pretty obvious ten Hag is doing a good job and if we finish the season with two trophies while just missing out on CL football players will see we're likely to push on.

NLunited

And so will other top players. It's pretty obvious ten Hag is doing a good job and if we finish the season with two trophies while just missing out on CL football players will see we're likely to push on.
CL football is a major reason for top players when deciding to come here, don‘t kid yourself. Also, we will end up paying more.

hp88

I have gone for the FA Cup and I am sure a lot of City fans would go for the same option if they had a choice between winning the FA Cup or Champions League.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Was going to say it depends on what happens on Wednesday night. Thinking about it, I'd rather win the FA Cup anyway.

Top 4 is still not winning the league, and being in the Champions League while not being good enough to win it does very little for me. If we've got the right manager then he'll be able to achieve top 4 next season anyway if we failed to do it this season. Finishing 5th wouldn't be some disastrous make or break moment and I don't think it would set us back a season. We still attract big signings anyway.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I'm not convinced top 4 will have that much of an impact on us in the transfer market.

Going back through years, we've signed Di Maria, Falcao, Zlatan, Pogba, Casemiro, Eriksen, Martinez etc without Champions League football.

Chelsea (who weren't even in the Europa) signed Kante from champions Leicester in 2016.

If we were seriously interested in Kane, I'm not convinced whether Champions League football would be the deciding factor in him signing. Trophies are what he wants and he might see us winning two in a season as a positive step. He's played in the competition for years now and wants almost guaranteed success now.

The FA Cup final is much more important for so many reasons but we might end up with both yet.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm not convinced top 4 will have that much of an impact on us in the transfer market.

Going back through years, we've signed Di Maria, Falcao, Zlatan, Pogba, Casemiro, Eriksen, Martinez etc without Champions League football.

Chelsea (who weren't even in the Europa) signed Kante from champions Leicester in 2016.

If we were seriously interested in Kane, I'm not convinced whether Champions League football would be the deciding factor in him signing. Trophies are what he wants and he might see us winning two in a season as a positive step. He's played in the competition for years now and wants almost guaranteed success now.

The FA Cup final is much more important for so many reasons but we might end up with both yet.
Yes, sir!

We can still have a good transfer window without the lure of CL footy. It's not like we're going to win it next year anyway. Let's focus on adding another trophy to the list and stopping City.

Lost bear

Tough choice for me.

The realist in me says CL, and that’s my vote.
But I agonised over it— beating City at Wembley and, perhaps the key thing, derailing their insolent attempt at equaling our treble. That would be sweet indeed.

As I said, a tough choice.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
FA Cup.

Stop City doing the Treble and finish the season on a high.
It would be an high yes. But not getting top 4 would be a failure of a season. Considering how far in front we was aswell.

McTerminator

It would be an high yes. But not getting top 4 would be a failure of a season. Considering how far in front we was aswell.
Another season of Thursday night football is nothing compared to a lifetime of hearing about City’s treble winner and the inevitable and infinite “10 reasons why City’s treble was better than United’s” articles.

See the bigger picture.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Another season of Thursday night football is nothing compared to a lifetime of hearing about City’s treble winner and the inevitable and infinite “10 reasons why City’s treble was better than United’s” articles.

See the bigger picture.
If it’s gonna be though it’s gonna be. At the end of the day city are the best team in Europa at the minute and I’d love nothing more then us to stop them from winning the treble but they’re gonna win it eventually. And in another season it could have been someone els that they play in the fa cup like Brighton for example if they’d of beat us on pens. We wouldn’t have had a say in what happens then. Our objective this season was to get back in the CL and maybe a trophy. We’ve almost done that.

Teja

Some noisy neighbors vibes about posters here. Who cares if City do the treble or the double? The best thing for our club is to finish in the top four. That's what I'd like.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Top-4. If United want to have a competitive team, Champions League money is necessary.

Red & White

Isn’t being a football fan about reaching highs and witnessing moments we can look back fondly on for years to come? Imagine beating City to stop them winning the treble and adding the FA Cup to our league cup win. The players would be loved and gain an even closer connection with the fans from the victory.

RedIan

Top 4 for Champs league every time….

Be nice to win the FA cup to spoil citys treble hopes… but i think they will give us a thrashing on current form of both teams.

FerociousCorgis

who the hell wants to watch newcastle and pool in the champions league while we shit away in europa again? Think our transfers or transfer budget not gonna be negatively affected by lack of champions league again? Come on people. We really need pool to not be able to effectively retool and at least make them overpay for any of their targets.

lex talionis

If the choice is between CL qualification or no CL qualification, I go with CL qualification every time.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Honestly shocked at how close the poll is. CL is clearly the more important, imo. It would be great to win the FA Cup. Top 4 would put us back where we belong among the elite of Europe and would allow us more capacity for investment in the squad in the summer.

Dannn411

A real club with ambition chases both but if we had no other option than to choose only one, it would be Top 4 no brainer. I care more about the progress of Manchester United than stopping the inevitable at another club.