FA Cup or Top 4 this season?

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PSV

Rather get into the real Europe than win another pointless cup.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
FA Cup. I would rather win a trophy now than the small chance to win one next season.

Although losing Top 4 would be more disappointing because of the position we were in.

Nero

Usually I'd say top 4 over FA Cup. But if we need the FA Cup to stop the treble then FA Cup without hesitation.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Top 4, cause FA cup and not top 4 means that Liverpool most likely gets 4th.

Ninja edit: It's easier for ETH to get his targets if we have CL than not.

0le

Ultimately at the highest level you play sports to win trophies and medals. So it has to be the FA Cup without a doubt.

FerociousCorgis

Ultimately at the highest level you play sports to win trophies and medals. So it has to be the FA Cup without a doubt.
yet if you want to play for the most prestigious trophy in club football you need to make top 4.

JagUTD

yet if you want to play for the most prestigious trophy in club football you need to make top 4.
True but if you had to pick out the biggest game in all of European competition this season, there's a good arguement it was in the Europa League and not the Champions League.

AndySmith1990

Fa cup. It'll be a sad day when I value qualification into a tournament over my club winning a trophy as pristegeous as the FA cup. Trophies enter the clubs record books forever and are truly meaningful. A damn sight more meaningful than gloating at your rivals for beating them to top 4

colombianmancunian

Both! We need too 4 to be in CL and to have a bigger war chest for the summer. And it will also be nice to add another trophy to our count, football is about trophies.

Brophs

The One and Only
The FA Cup would be infinitely more enjoyable but we need CL for the long term development of the team and success of ETH’s reign. Europa next season would be rough for our chances of a good league showing.

joedirt87

The league is and will always be the priority. Jose won trophies, Louie won a trophy and it did f**k all to save their job. My stance has never changed, cup games are for rotation and young players unless you make a real deep run into a competition. If we get knocked out I don't care.

AndySmith1990

The FA Cup would be infinitely more enjoyable but we need CL for the long term development of the team and success of ETH’s reign. Europa next season would be rough for our chances of a good league showing.
Well if we still can't handle the Europa league & league simultaneously next season we obviously won't have made much progress.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yeah, we are super unlikely to win the CL next season.
I’m just getting a little tired of getting to the Quarters or Semis of a Cup for the same players to fail, get told it’s alright then do the same shit the next year! Winning the Champions League next season would take some feat, no way we should be lowering expectations further.

3 wins in the League out of 4 then try their best in the Final.

Bokito

Top 4. Playing in the Champions League next season gives a better chance of signing the top transfer targets. And thus is more important for the long term rebuilding towards a title challenging team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
CL will mean more and will have a bigger effect on next season. Will mean we can go for our first choice targets: another season in the Europa league will be bad for progress especially considering the position we was in. We need to establish ourselves as a regular top 4 team and keep entering the CL.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I can take 5th place, but City getting trashed 8:0 in the final and that's a final offer.

Abraxas

Easily the cup. It's a trophy. Top 4 isn't and never will be a trophy despite how the likes of Sky have pumped it up.

It also means beating City, ending their treble hopes.

Being out of the CL is not good financially, but in the long term it probably isn't going to matter in view of a takeover. I think then we'd look back and say we'd rather have the trophy and beat City than quailfy for a tournament we have a low single digit chance of winning.

AFC NimbleThumb

The league is and will always be the priority. Jose won trophies, Louie won a trophy and it did f**k all to save their job. My stance has never changed, cup games are for rotation and young players unless you make a real deep run into a competition. If we get knocked out I don't care.
This made perfect sense when we were actually competing for the league, utter nonsense now.

If it was win the league or the FA Cup then we all know what we’d chose. We should be aiming for both, a Cup win along with League success. We get Top4, get knocked out into the Europa, lose in a Semi or Quarters then scrape Top4 - rinse & repeat.

The mindset needs to stop, we’re in the building phase. They’ve won a League Cup ffs! We can’t keep writing off seasons & expect a few signings to change the underachieving mentality.