FA Cup Semi Finals - 22/23 April - Brighton vs Man Utd

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I really hope we beat Brighton and then city. Would be great
This is more like it.

We can beat Brighton, and City, just need to be at our best.
Likewise they need to be at their best to beat us.

Sylar

This is more like it.

We can beat Brighton, and City, just need to be at our best.
Likewise they need to be at their best to beat us.
Yeah I don't understand people here. A lot of crying and defeatist mentality.

RedDevilQuebecois

Those clowns are getting promoted from the Championship to the Prem? Enjoy repeated batterings next season if you keep on playing like that then.

RuudTom83

Wembley does seem to serve up some right crappy football matches.

Hopefully that will continue and Brighton will struggle :)

rajds89

Sheffield United have been pathetic. I don’t blame them, the levels between them are astronomical but blow me lads, at least show a bit of fight in a semi-final.

Fooza

I really hope we beat Brighton and then city. Would be great
Don't know about that, lots of talk here that they don't want City to win the treble, and I think Brighton can stop that more than us

Sylar

A lot of you are being way too harsh on Sheffield United.

Superunknown

That chance in the opening minute of the game was huge for Sheffield United. It's hindsight of course, but they really needed that chance to go in.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sheffield United have been pathetic. I don’t blame them, the levels between them are astronomical but blow me lads, at least show a bit of fight in a semi-final.
They lasted 40 mins? Could have been that score after 15 min. They’re a championship side playing this ridiculous oil money set up. What a load of shit.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If we get pass Brighton, then we’re on a level playing field with City for the final. League form isn’t relevant. Whilst a win will be a gargantuan task to grind out, massive upsets do happen in cup finals.

If Maguire starts in the final, then I take back everything I said above.

Aboutreika18

A lot of you are being way too harsh on Sheffield United.
Pretty much. Not sure what people were expecting from a side near the top of the Championship.

City brushed aside a better team in Burnley in the earlier rounds and we were pretty comfortable against Forest in the EFL semis, who are at the same level.

el3mel

Please Real Madrid, save us.

City winning the treble after Liverpool winning the league during these awful 10 years post Ferguson will be the final nail in the coffin.

At least Arsenal didn't win the league but still.

Alonzo

It’s worth remembering, through all of this, a few things.
City have cheated for over a decade, and been charged for over 100 breaches. For there to be any fairness in British football, if found guilty they should have all their titles stripped, and be relegated.
They are a propaganda tool for country who uses them to distract from their human rights record.
Because of both of the above, they have been given unlimited resources.
Every single achievement City have had, or will have, is meaningless given the above. They should be a championship team, and when their owners leave, they will be again.

feck em. Cheats and human rights abusers. Not much to be envious of.

Mullet_Man

If we get pass Brighton, then we’re on a level playing field with City for the final. League form isn’t relevant. Whilst a win will be a gargantuan task to grind out, massive upsets do happen in cup finals.

If Maguire starts in the final, then I take back everything I said above.
Maguire vs Haaland is the stuff of nightmares

edcunited1878

Don't know about that, lots of talk here that they don't want City to win the treble, and I think Brighton can stop that more than us
Brighton are still below United and lost to City already. In one off cup games, anything can happen as long as you don't totally beat yourself.

United can definitely beat Brighton tomorrow and beat City, since it has happened already. Does United have to play very well, of course. Are they capable of playing to the required level, of course. So would always love to see United compete and try to win matches, which never guarantees anything, but rather be in position to succeed than never be in position to begin with.

rajds89

They lasted 40 mins? Could have been that score after 15 min. They’re a championship side playing this ridiculous oil money set up. What a load of shit.
So? It’s a semi final and they admitted defeat from the get go playing so defensively. Likely to be a premier league team next season again. Play like this and they’ll go straight back down.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't think we'd beat City in the final and Brighton are clearly the much better footballing side this season BUT I am also confident Brighton won't beat City because they miss far too many chances and as good of a team as they are, they lack that cutting edge and extra quality.

Meanwhile, we have not played scintillating football but we have Rashford, Casemiro, Varane and even Garnacho who are either match-winners potentially or proven winners.

If I wanted City to lose the FA Cup, I'd still prefer we went through because we should be in a much better position come June.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So? It’s a semi final and they admitted defeat from the get go playing so defensively. Likely to be a premier league team next season again. Play like this and they’ll go straight back down.
I read this and I really wonder. We played like this, if not more defensive at our supposed fortress and beat City through a couple of great moments and some dumb refereeing.

How would you expect Sheffield to play?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What, the team that's 8th in the league table over the team in third?

Strange logic that.

Bobski

Judging Sheffield Utd in a game against one of the most overpowered club squads of all time may be a trifle harsh