FA Cup Semi Finals - 22/23 April - Brighton vs Man Utd

edcunited1878

I don't think we'd beat City in the final and Brighton are clearly the much better footballing side this season BUT I am also confident Brighton won't beat City because they miss far too many chances and as good of a team as they are, they lack that cutting edge and extra quality.

Meanwhile, we have not played scintillating football but we have Rashford, Casemiro, Varane and even Garnacho who are either match-winners potentially or proven winners.

If I wanted City to lose the FA Cup, I'd still prefer we went through because we should be in a much better position come June.
How clear is that 10 point gap to United, as clear as that much better football? Conceded same amount of goals in league (37) even with United getting pumped a few times. Playing significantly fewer matches than United....ffs.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
How clear is that 10 point gap to United, as clear as that much better football? Conceded same amount of goals in league (37) even with United getting pumped a few times. Playing significantly fewer matches than United....ffs.
Please try again, I don't speak/read this language

Fooza

What, the team that's 8th in the league table over the team in third?

Strange logic that.
Or you can say that performance against Seville didn't represent a team 3rd in the league, so it's an opinion you can look at on any sides? I just think Brighton have better goal scorers and better playing style than we're doing at the moment, but we will see tomorrow, it'll be telling.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Just thought I'd mention,

City beat Brighton 3-1 earlier in the season, when City were no where near as in form as they are right now....

Champ

Or you can say that performance against Seville didn't represent a team 3rd in the league, so it's an opinion you can look at on any sides? I just think Brighton have better goal scorers and better playing style than we're doing at the moment, but we will see tomorrow, it'll be telling.
Better goalscorers :lol: :lol: like who?

We are third for feck sake. We've won a trophy already this season.
We are not a poor side.

Getting proper fecked off with the misery and down beat nature of so called 'supporters' in here right now.

Red00012

Sheffield United have been pathetic. I don’t blame them, the levels between them are astronomical but blow me lads, at least show a bit of fight in a semi-final.
Only for that clumsy foul for the penalty there were going in 0-0 at half time

Fooza

STOP DOUBTING UNITED AND START SUPPORTING THEM.
Relax, it's nice we have a forum who doubt and can see things from different points. It'll be awfully boring if everyone is expected to support and be positive (in a blind faith kind of way) every freaking time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

We are not a poor side.

Getting proper fecked off with the misery and down beat nature of so called 'supporters' in here right now.
Yep, someone on another thread found it hilarious I said we're still in the FA cup, as if it's of absolutely no consequence at all to an easy cruise to the win for City.

Brighton will be a tough game, but if we can get through that we have time to get everyone bar Martinez fit and in form for the final.

Fooza

We are not a poor side.

Oh god here we go, being called 'miserable' have to positive for the sake of being 'supporters' kindly do one. Brighton have a better GD then we have in the league, it's not clear as day that we third so automatically we'll give City the best challenge

As I said, we'll see tomorrow, if we beat Brighton than perhaps we will be the best challenge for City. Right now it's just the way performances as gone, it's not far fetched to think Brighton may give City a run for their money.

Irwin99

An all Manchester final would be brilliant if we get past Brighton and all our players (or most of them) are fit. I think we have more of a chance at beating them than Brighton if we play at our very best

Also another side nearly won the treble in the 70s and we stopped them by winning the FA cup final. It can happen again.

Rightnr

STOP DOUBTING UNITED AND START SUPPORTING THEM.
Great logic. Brighton have pummeled us the last couple of times we've played and your solution is to thoughts and prayers it. Well, I don't do church and I sure as hell don't live and think that way.

I literally said despite us being shite, I'd prefer if we'd win. And we have been shite recently, especially compared to before the World Cup and shortly after.

Rightnr

Yeah, those 69,000 fans are less likely than the Citeh sponsors being legit companies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

We are not a poor side.

We have scored 46 goals in 30 games and they have 54 goals in 29 games. They may not have a better goalscorer than our Rashford but in the league, they score and create more than us

Champ

We have scored 46 goals in 30 games and they have 54 goals in 29 games. They may not have a better goalscorer than our Rashford but in the league, they score and create more than us
Yet they sit 8th in the league.....

Fooza

:lol: I give up, even facts presented, position is everything it seems.

They're 6 pts behind 4th with one in game in hand..oh no but 8th so low...

kouroux

League position won't matter much in the tie tbh. They score more and concede the same, we are ahead in the league. Pretty even game even if Brighton are a lot easier on the eye.
There ain't a significant gap between 3rd and 8th

Champ

Oh god here we go, being called 'miserable' have to positive for the sake of being 'supporters' kindly do one. Brighton have a better GD then we have in the league, it's not clear as day that we third so automatically we'll give City the best challenge

As I said, we'll see tomorrow, if we beat Brighton than perhaps we will be the best challenge for City. Right now it's just the way performances as gone, it's not far fetched to think Brighton may give City a run for their money.
Is it far fetched to think we can give City a game?
Especially end of may, once we have a few injured players back, like our top scorer.

Ridiculous, the league is the best benchmark of form, we are three unbeaten currently, and will be the favourites going in to the game tomorrow, you wouldn't believe that judging by the ridiculous comments on here.

Alonzo

the complete failure of the media to highlight that any city success means nothing is a stain. They’re complicit in this sportswashing. None of it is acceptable. Pathetic, itv should be ashamed, as should every other media outlet not bringing attention to how rigged the game is. “Peps experience”.. love you Keano but feck me, you really think that’s it, and not the unlimited money that’s (illegally) been funneled in? Spare me.

Champ

:lol: I give up, even facts presented, position is everything it seems.

They're 6 pts behind 4th with one in game in hand..oh no but 8th so low...
Ah, so they are well below us then yeah?

That mighty team Brighton, the team that lost to Spurs a few weeks back?

Cool, good story.

68cob

Anything can happen in football. We can win tomorrow and we can win the final.

Nogbadthebad

What’s the reason it’s so empty? Even in the Sheffield Utd part? City I understand some what, they always struggle to sell their allocations.

Long trip, late kick off meaning you aren't getting home until 2 am or so, just to see cheat FC hammer your team?

I can understand it.

Fooza

Is it far fetched to think we can give City a game?
Especially end of may, once we have a few injured players back, like our top scorer.

Ridiculous, the league is the best benchmark of form, we are three unbeaten currently, and will be the favourites going in to the game tomorrow, you wouldn't believe that judging by the ridiculous comments on here.
To you sure, to other fans they may not think we're favourites. Blasphemies as you think it maybe coming from a 'supporters'. People don't always just automatically think we're favourites because we're manutd.

Fooza

Cool, good story.
Yeh cool story, I suggest you log out if you hate supporters here being 'miserable' on here, if that's what you moan on here.

kouroux

[

Cool, good story.
You go on about the Spurs defeat as if you have no idea what actually happened in that game, how they got robbed and how they received an official apology for it.
Brighton beat our team at OT earlier in the season but that was its own context just like that Spurs game vs them

Fooza

[

You go on about the Spurs defeat as if you have no idea what actually happened in that game, how they got robbed and how they received an official apology for it.
Brighton beat our team at OT earlier in the season but that was its own context just like that Spurs game vs them
Context is out of the window, brighton are 8th so apparently they rubbish and we're superior, that's pretty much the end of the debate

kouroux

the complete failure of the media to highlight that any city success means nothing is a stain. They’re complicit in this sportswashing. None of it is acceptable. Pathetic, itv should be ashamed, as should every other media outlet not bringing attention to how rigged the game is. “Peps experience”.. love you Keano but feck me, you really think that’s it, and not the unlimited money that’s (illegally) been funneled in? Spare me.
Good post. They prefer to close their eyes and pretend everything is normal.

Telsim

Should just give it to them now and spare us and Brighton any other potential injuries.

wangyu

My gut says Brighton shouldn’t be all that confident. Our players surely feel a bit hurt by the sevilla massacre. I think we will win and in the final anything is possible, the preparation for a final and the composure of players is way differant than a regular game
I’m gutted we missed out on a juve encounter, it’s been a while.

Sylar

If we win tomorrow by the time we have the final we could possibly have garnacho back with a few games under his belt, rashford and Shaw will have had a fun under them. We might have varane back too.
We will probably have seen martial back, injured and then back and injured and possibly back for the final too.

A lot can happen in a month to the final. We have our best midfield tomorrow so we got a good chance tomorrow despite having lost badly a few days ago. Let's believe lads

edcunited1878

Great logic. Brighton have pummeled us the last couple of times we've played and your solution is to thoughts and prayers it. Well, I don't do church and I sure as hell don't live and think that way.

I literally said despite us being shite, I'd prefer if we'd win. And we have been shite recently, especially compared to before the World Cup and shortly after.
United have lost bookend matches to Brighton. Last game of season last year where nobody gave two fecks and the first match of this year where Brighton played near their style while United had zero style.

United has never lost a cup game against Brighton ever since 1904.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/manchester-united/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Brighton and Hove Albion/

United's recent form has been very up and down and inconsistent coupled with injuries, suspensions, and fixture congestion.

Either team has to play very well to reach the final.

RedDevilQuebecois

I retracted my earlier comment about attendance. Scott Patterson from Republik of Mancunia raises a very good point here.

I also agree with the part that says Elland Road would have been a better venue. It's time for Wembley to become again what it was in the old days: the ultimate prize for the final only.