FA Cup Third Round

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Wow so VAR couldn't tell it was offside so they just opt to help Liverpool.

Absolute bullshit.
What can they do though? It’s even worse if they overrule the linesman without having the proof to do so.

obviously crazy that they didn’t have the angle covered and they should be ridiculed but they made the right call then.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Mmmm, that moaning from Klopp about replays makes it super easy to get over any sense of injustice.

cyberman

Who is forced to try play it beside Salah is offside behind him but he can't know that
There was a goal this season when a defender stretched to get the ball but because he was stretching he wasn’t deemed to be playing it.
I wish I remember who it was

cj_sparky

Wait, so they've got VAR and haven't set it up properly? feck off man :lol:
It happened with Saka earlier in the season (against Spurs I think), he looked clearly offside in replays and was offside. But the VAR camera's couldn't pick him up, due to the number of cameras they use and their positioning. So they went with the on field decision.

Edit: It was Liverpool at the Emirates

fallengt

Livepool spent all money on Nunez so they don't have extra camera angles for VAR check at Anfield. Please understand

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It happened with Saka earlier in the season (against Spurs I think), he looked clearly offside in replays and was offside. But the VAR camera's couldn't pick him up, due to the number of cameras they use and their positioning. So they went with the on field decision.

That's absolutely wild :lol: imagine Hawkeye in tennis not picking one tiny corner of the court up.

Flexdegea

The ref was total comedy there, wolves manager will righty be going mental after this

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Would have liked a Wolves win but more fixtures for Liverpool isn't a bad thing. Hope Klopp has a good moan about it.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Would honestly rather have Liverpool/Klopp have to deal with a replay given how they're dropping like flies to injuries right now.

Superunknown

There are only two real areas of the pitch that need picking up though...both boxes. It just doesn't make any sense at all. It's either incompetence or dodgy as feck. Or both.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So they're saying the corner taker has come from an offside position to receive the ball, but a liverpool player headed it back to him.

So how is that different than Salahs goal?

They absolutely make it up as they go along. Lying fecks.

ITV clowns

"Well we can tell you they've got the decision right in the end."

Two minutes later:

"We don't have any angles that show it, but they've got the decision right."

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The annoying thing is it takes away from how stupid the Salah goal rule is too.

andy0

That's absolutely wild :lol: imagine Hawkeye in tennis not picking one tiny corner of the court up.
Hawkeye has 6 or 8 cameras the tennis, in recent places.

Hawkeye also has several cameras at football for the marginal goal line decisions, and I wonder if one or two of these had wide enough view of the relevant players in this incident, and could have been looked at by VAR - or could be after the event, leading some people to make some decisions about future use.

cj_sparky

There are only two real areas of the pitch that need picking up though...both boxes.
Trouble is Saka was offside 10-15 yards into the half. I think the Premier League/football need to come up with an improved system that not only covers every inch of the pitch, but that also uses better quality cameras.

cyberman

So they're saying the corner taker has come from an offside position to receive the ball, but a liverpool player headed it back to him.

I’ll never find an answer but if there’s no VAR then the linesman kept his flag down and a goal was scored? The signal is only signalling what the lineman would have given because VAR is supposed to automatically look at it. If there’s no VAR then the ref doesn’t blow and it’s a goal?
im confused as to why they’re saying offside was given when it wasn’t. In real world terms how long can a decision be withheld like this?

Anustart89

That the first time that has ever happened? Dodgy.
No, we scored a goal a couple of seasons ago where Dean Henderson launched the ball down the line (high up in the air) which turned into an assist. VAR had no camera angle showing the line so didn’t have a choice but to allow the goal, but from the bend on the ball it felt obvious that it must’ve been wide if the pitch.

Might have been against West Ham IIRC.

Barthez

No, we scored a goal a couple of seasons ago where Dean Henderson launched the ball down the line (high up in the air) which turned into an assist. VAR had no camera angle showing the line so didn’t have a choice but to allow the goal, but from the bend on the ball it felt obvious that it must’ve been wide if the pitch.

Might have been against West Ham IIRC.
Yeah it was, I remember Moyes crying about it

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Great point tbf :lol: I can’t explain why they’re separate

edit: just watched it back and it’s a wolves head it comes off.