[FA Youth Cup 3rd Round] Manchester United vs. Southampton

khoazany

KO 7pm BST at Old Trafford. It's free entry so if you're around the area it might be a good idea to come by and take a look at this hugely gifted group.

Predicted XI: Sebtaoui - Tanner,Warren,Williams,O'Connor - Whelan,Buffonge,Gomes - Chong, Gribbin - Bohui
Subs: J.Thompson, Boonen, Burkart, Barlow, Dunne

Details of the U18s squad profiled by Kieran McKenna:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...er-18-squad-ahead-of-fa-youth-cup-tie.aspx?AL

Last edited:

jb8521

jb8521

Is he fit?

Since Boonen was with the U23s on Friday I think it has been decided that he won't start this game.
I presume so. He missed the last game through suspension for the red card against Liverpool not through injury

Irish_Red

WhoDaGOAT

I reckon our lads will suffer from high expectations, but I'm still expecting a win. Maybe 2-1. Southampton won't be pushovers.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Chong on the bench? Thats disappointing :(

spenzo

Well just from looking at them it's obvious Southampton have the physical advantage.

Šjor Bepo

Gomes on the wing, another thing i dont like :D

WhoDaGOAT

Good play from Bohui initially.

Gomes misses what is basically a sitter after some good control to set himself.

lysglimt

Scout
Anyone remember which low-level team that knocked us out some years ago ... some bizarre result with a striker on the opponent team getting a hat-trick I think ?

Nero

Anyone remember which low-level team that knocked us out some years ago ... some bizarre result with a striker on the opponent team getting a hat-trick I think ?
Burnley. Lost 4-3. Hat trick for Jason Gilchrist.

WhoDaGOAT

O'Connor hits the bar. Great header.

We're doing our best to emulate the first team.

WhoDaGOAT

I think Gribbin plays too arrogantly at times. He slows the play down unneccessarily. A few quicker passes would serve him and the team better.

We've played well and should be in front. Bohui, O'Connor and Buffonge are the standout players for me so far.

khoazany

Have to say I'm pretty annoyed by the line-up. The midfield two should be 2 out of Hamilton,Whelan,Buffonge. If Boonen is injured Chong should have started. This line-up is a bit of trying to fit all the older lads into an XI.

Šjor Bepo

Have to say I'm pretty annoyed by the line-up. The midfield two should be 2 out of Hamilton,Whelan,Buffonge. If Boonen is injured Chong should have started. This line-up is a bit of trying to fit all the older lads into an XI.
Most annoying part is that we sacrificed Gomes because of Gribbin even though the first one is already a better player. If you move anyone to the wing its Gribbin who already played there numerous times....

dichinero

Surely Gomes is more suited in a central position as opposed to Gribbin