FA Youth Cup - Manchester United vs Leeds

Utdstar01

Mengi is a wall. Charlie has been excellent in midfield, he's got the knack of being 2 steps ahead of his opponent before he receives the ball, almost Scholes-like.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
This is so pathetic, it’s academy footie ffs. And the Leeds scum fans are loving it.

top1whoisman

Scout
Mengi is a wall. Charlie has been excellent in midfield, he's got the knack of being 2 steps ahead of his opponent before he receives the ball, almost Scholes-like.
Yeah he’s so composed on the ball, a joy to watch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How is that Mejbri foul? Looks like ref just made that up.

Utdstar01

Glad to see the back of those cnuts. This team lacks something in attack. Perhaps a year early for us to win the tournament.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
That was a difficult game. Leeds have not changed their tradition of playing dirty.

top1whoisman

Scout
A hard-fought win, can see how draining it was with half of our team sitting on the pitch after the final whistle. Nice to see a smile on Mejbri’s face after that. 20 or so fouls and the away fans abusing him all night.

top1whoisman

Scout
Glad to see the back of those cnuts. This team lacks something in attack. Perhaps a year early for us to win the tournament.
My thoughts as well. We have a few who can create so on a good day for Hoogewerf we can win and progress further but we need to keep on keeping clean sheets as we won’t score many.

Utdstar01

The refereeing at youth level is atrocious. How hasn't this been spoken about in committees or forums? The leniency there is for thugs to just do what they want and potentially risk player's careers with constant fouling is a joke.

roonster09

Scout
My thoughts as well. We have a few who can create so on a good day for Hoogewerf we can win and progress further but we need to keep on keeping clean sheets as we won’t score many.
Noam Emeren was supposed to be that player isn't it.

Utdstar01

I think so. I see something in Hoogewerf but he's very inconsistent at the moment. Maybe he needs the year bedding in and see how he looks next year. Still very young.

I think Mejia and Emeran could make a difference for us next year providing they live up to their reputations.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yes.

I think so. I see something in Hoogewerf but he's very inconsistent at the moment. Maybe he needs the year bedding in and see how he looks next year. Still very young.

I think Mejia and Emeran could make a difference for us next year providing they live up to their reputations.
Yes and yes.

Utdstar01

Think they're being very careful with him and Mejia. Both come back from a couple of injuries, the club is doing the right thing in easing them back in slowly.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mejbri needs a lot more protection from the referees, it's very common for him to be hacked down on sight, at a certain point it should be an automatic yellow card for the offender. Despite their best efforts he still played well as did Mengi.

roonster09

Scout
Think they're being very careful with him and Mejia. Both come back from a couple of injuries, the club is doing the right thing in easing them back in slowly.
Yeah might be. Haven't heard anything about Noam Emeren. At least some news on Mejia.

Utdstar01

Mejbri's engine Is ridiculous as well. Absolutely everywhere. We need somebody like this lad in the first team. His attitude is infectious and seems like his team mates love playing with him.

top1whoisman

Scout
So it’s Wigan at home in the quarterfinal after they beat Birmingham 4-0 tonight. Joe Gelhardt is their danger man, been scoring consistently for England youth sides and has got one goal in the Championship this season, at 17 years of age. The tie will be played late February.

Utdstar01

So it’s Wigan at home in the quarterfinal after they beat Birmingham 4-0 tonight. Joe Gelhardt is their danger man, been scoring consistently for England youth sides and has got one goal in the Championship this season, at 17 years of age. The tie will be played late February.
Just signed him for United on FM and he's very good.

top1whoisman

Scout
1 Manchester City or Fulham vs Burnley

2 Chelsea or Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Millwall

3 Manchester United vs Wigan Athletic

4 Blackburn Rovers or Preston North End v Arsenal or Brighton & Hove Albion

Adnan

Talent Spotter
On my way back from the game now and what can I say, 'dirty dirty Leeds'

Mejbri must've been fouled 20 plus times it was absolutely disgraceful from Leeds but expected. But having said that Mejbri was class eventhough he was very clearly targeted by the Leeds coaches as the big danger. It's a great sign that he still got up and carried on playing his football and showing for the ball eventhough it was clear that the thugs from Leeds were trying to intimidate him.

Teden Mengi is a brilliant young CB and I created a thread on him in this forum after watching him extensively at u16 level followed by his introduction to u23 football. He's a good footballer but what he has in abundance is searing pace and strength which makes him a extremely interesting prospect. His aerial game is also coming on very well which is great to see.

Mickson

Okayish performance today. Not great. Mengi is brilliant. Mejbri is brilliant. Devine is a good left-back. Mastny is a very stable goalkeeper. However, this team is desperate for someone who is running at defenses. They need Elanga, the only chance on the title this season. Without him, I say no chance. Should beat Wigan at home though and reach the semis.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You have to be a bellend to be cursing players in a youth game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Okayish performance today. Not great. Mengi is brilliant. Mejbri is brilliant. Devine is a good left-back. Mastny is a very stable goalkeeper. However, this team is desperate for someone who is running at defenses. They need Elanga, the only chance on the title this season. Without him, I say no chance. Should beat Wigan at home though and reach the semis.
The player we're missing is Emeran who is a very good dribbler and has been likened to a Leroy Sane type winger.

Bigsid

Wouldn't take us against Wigan. Watched them hammer Liverpools 23s last week and beat spurs easily last round before battering Birmingham tonight.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah but he ain't gonna play this season in this tournament.
Anything can happen at this stage. Next up is Wigan and I'm sure most will be optimistic of getting past them and in a semi anything is possible and the same applies in the final.

AndyMUFC

Echo the thoughts on Mengi. Top prospect. Well deserved win for the lads tonight.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Shoutout for Hockenhull, thought he'd be a weak-link last night but didn't put a foot wrong, still hope Fish is available for the quarter-final though.

Mastny 7

Bejger 8
Hockenhull 6½
Mengi 9
Devine 7

McCann 6

Wellens 6
Mejbri 7½
Helm 8

Shoretire 8

Hoogewerf 7½

Sotona 6