FA Youth Cup: United vs. Burnley

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
They are younger than us by an average of almost 1 year - they are playing a league below us and they have an entire team with cramp

Nah - I don't think so
It's not as if we've been outplayed and not made any chances. We're being beaten by 3 defensive errors (didn't see the first goal). You can't call 3 defensive errors as disgraceful, but we shouldn't be losing this game.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Corner can't beat first man, back to Januzaj who plays it wide, back in the box and the keeper holds. Time over, just a minute or so of injury time now.

3 added minutes.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Arrrrghhh gutted, a valuable lesson will have been learnt hopefully.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
FT - we're out. Bitterly disappointing to be out so early. Harsh lesson for the young lads who were the better side overall.

Burnley very clinical on the counter. Fair dos.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
We really clearly dominated the play, but some extremely comical defending was too much to overcome.

Feel bad for the attackers who were let down by the defense.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Very annoying, we should've been right up there in this competition.

Not surprised the Burnley coach was furious then! No idea where they got 3 minutes from and to add another minute on top of that...:lol:

MDFC Manager

I cant understand the calls of "disgraceful".

Its academy level football and winning shouldnt be given that level of importance.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
We've only got ourselves to blame. Learn from this, you little foo......tballers.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Such a shame but have to remember development is most important at this level.

Positives were Pearson and Januzaj who are both really fantastic prospects. Unfortunately Daehli and Wilson didn't turn up.

Still the elite stage group 1 for these lads. As for the FAYC......well next year it is then with Perieira, Harrop, Mitchell, etc.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Disgraceful - worst EVER performance I have seen from a United U18 side
A quick search for your name and the word ever

Worst piece of defending I have ever seen...what were they thinking
The first 30 mins by Dæhli is among the best I have seen by any United-player at any level. World-class. He has done everything right
ok - after 3-0 - it IS the best I have seen by any United-player.
Biggest Norwegian talent I have ever seen...he will be a world-class player. Forget Januzaj and Pereira - this guy is the biggest talent
Horrible again from Tunnicliffe - who can't be bothered to track his run.

Worst ever performance from any United-side this season
I like you but you sure enjoy your hyperbole. And on nights like tonight it can be a little annoying.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I thought Grimshaw had looked fairly good so far this season, I'm sure he's disappointed with his performance.

Paddy McNair had been starting with him at CB but seems to be injured, he hasn't played since being subbed from the second game of our trip to Slovakia.

jb8521

Disgraceful - worst EVER performance I have seen from a United U18 side
Probably not even our worst game of the year you would have been depressed watching a couple of the milk cup games. We probably had about 70% posession scored 3 goals and had four or five attempts go narrowly wide or over. We were let down by individual defensive errors and lapses in concentration and they made fewer errors than us. Its disappointing to go out of the cup but the players will learn a lot about concentration and professionalism from this

Cevno

Poor defending cost us like last season. Our defenders physically were just not upto it yet.

Drainy

Its disappointing to go out of the cup but the players will learn a lot about concentration and professionalism from this
Yep, it's disappointing to go out at the first hurdle to a lesser side (albeit one who defended well and in numbers and were clinical on the break) but it's not the result that really matters in the end- it's what was learnt, how they react etc. It's a major character check for many of the players who will have been told how great they are.

The last team this happened to had Pique and Rossi in it (as well as Gibson, Shawcross and Frazier Campbell)

Danish Wizard

Love, Pearson, Januzaj and Ioannou did very well last night.
Pearson controlled the midfield as always, such a great littler player.
Nice to see Ioannou back, he did well untill he went off. Some nice runs forward from him.
Dæhli and Barmby not as involved as we could have hoped, but credit to Burnley, they were very well organized..

yamo123x

Missing Perreria and Rothwell. Had some horrible luck with injuries.

Positives for me Pearson- outstanding, future first Team player if he develops physically. It was a mistake taking Barmby off for Rudge. Wilson had an off night. Januzaj showed nice touches but slowed many attacks down.

We have several excellent prospects IMO

Pearson, Daehli, Rothwell, Perreira, Donald Love & Barmby.
Januzaj and Wilson have potential too.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Just wasn't our night. I just think players need a bit of common sense. You don't have to play it back. We were comfortable. Just boot it up the line if needs be. Take responsibility. Great game though.