Fabian Ruiz

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hopefully Madrid get him.

Said the same thing with Donny when they were in for him at Ajax. Lightweight players are a no-no.

leontas

At that price tag we should wrap this up regardless of FDJ

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Said the same thing with Donny when they were in for him at Ajax. Lightweight players are a no-no.
Wasn't Pep supposed to be a big admirer as well? Granted, he makes techno midgets (no idea how tall he is) work, but it's still a good sign

RedMilo

I've not seen enough of him play as don't tend to follow Italian football regularly.

From the video he doesn't seem like a similar player to de Jong, at all. Dont spend £30m for sake of it if he ain't right. FDJ would without doubt improve us, not sure this guy would.

GledTheRed

[QUOTE="

[/QUOTE]

Donny is a big lad, he's just shit.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can he play as a #6/CDM?
Ruiz had been played in every role in midfield possible but he's not a DM. He's recently adapted very well to a regista role (ie the De Jong role) but he can't play as a DM especially in the EPL.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wouldn't mind this at all. I'd prefer De Jong, but Ruiz isn't a bad second choice. Arguably as good at passing as De Jong, and has a long pass in his locker that De Jong doesn't (or doesn't use much). Not as good at dribbling, but still very good. Offers more defensively.

The issue would be his positional discipline. Don't really want both 6s in the 4-2-3-1 being players that would rather be further up the pitch again.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Wasn't Pep supposed to be a big admirer as well? Granted, he makes techno midgets (no idea how tall he is) work, but it's still a good sign
Obviously not big enough as I don't think City have ever been in for him?

His technique is good. When he has space he can be lethal. He's just too weak under pressure. He's not small, but isn't good at positioning his body in between himself and the ball when pressed.

Pep may get a lot out of these midfield types, but the Silva's, Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Thiago, etc, could all shield the ball under pressure. Ruiz doesn't do that.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Ruiz had been played in every role in midfield possible but he's not a DM. He's recently adapted very well to a regista role (ie the De Jong role) but he can't play as a DM especially in the EPL.
When you say DM, do you mean a ballwinner, shielding, destroying?

Frenkie can't do that as well, he just plays where a DM usually plays

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Lightweight? He's 6'2" and while a touch on the gangly side, he'd still look like The Rock stood next to Jorginho, who has done fine in the PL.

devilish

When you say DM, do you mean a ballwinner, shielding, destroying?

Frenkie can't do that as well, he just plays where a DM usually plays
He can cover De Jong's role. He did that greatly last season. However he is more comfortable in a more forward role then in a more defensive role. If we had them both then De Jong should be playing in a more defensive role and not Ruiz

Yagami

Good post resistant
Lightweight? He's 6'2" and while a touch on the gangly side, he'd still look like The Rock stood next to Jorginho, who has done fine in the PL.
As I said above, he's not small but isn't good at positioning his body in between the ball and an opposition player.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can he play as a #6/CDM?
He plays in a double pivot at Napoli. If he were to come, he'd obviously be the connector in front of the back four, but not sure how good he is defensively. That said, he'd have the legs of Fred or McTominay next to him as he currently does with Anguissa at Napoli.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He can cover De Jong's role. He did that greatly last season. However he is more comfortable in a more forward role then in a more defensive role. If we had them both then De Jong should be playing in a more defensive role and not Ruiz
Thanks, really appreciate your opinion on Serie A players :)

avgp_1

He will be bypassed by almost anyone in the PL. So slow. Him and Fred will lose a lot of physical battles.

Rolaholic

Frenkie isn't a DM either

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Carries the ball well, attempts, and completes passes to a high percentage. Good enough for me.

devilish

Frenkie isn't a DM either
I thought he was asking if he can play as a DM. In that case the answer is no. Actually I think that De Jong is better as a DM then Ruiz is. However I find the idea of Ruiz-De Jong playing in a double pivot in an ETH system. Given the time I can see them develop into the next Carrick-Scholes duo.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I really doubt we will be looking for similar player to de Jong. I believe ETH started clearly it's Frankie or nobody.
I think If we pursue a midfielder it will be more defensive minded one, which we need regardless of FDJ.

That said, if we could sign this both Ruiz and Neves for price similar to FDJ fee,that would be a great deal.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Value for money if quoted price is actual, more natural number 8 than Eriksen ever was, in form certainly closer to CL quality than Fred, McTom & Donny and besides that he scores goals.

Can't complain after last season's shit show. That being said Ten Hag will bring his player of his choice.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yes please. For those saying not a DM... We aren't after one.
We are after a 6, though. Not necessarily a DM, but someone who becomes as our deepest midfielder in possession, can keep the ball under pressure, turn and carry the ball. Ruiz isn't that. He's needs a 6 next to him like both Fred and McTominay.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
We are after a 6, though. Not necessarily a DM, but someone who becomes as our deepest midfielder in possession, can keep the ball under pressure, turn and carry the ball. Ruiz isn't that. He's needs a 6 next to him like both Fred and McTominay.
Who would be your Frenkie alternative?

devilish

I really doubt we will be looking for similar player to de Jong. I believe ETH started clearly it's Frankie or nobody.
I think If we pursue a midfielder it will be more defensive minded one, which we need regardless of FDJ.
ETH system need a regista something that we lack big time.