Fabian Ruiz

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Tired of United and their transfer approach, the clubs finished whilst the Glazers have the reigns.

If we miss out on top 4 this season to get the parasites out so be it.

croadyman

Tired of United and their transfer approach, the clubs finished whilst the Glazers have the reigns.

If we miss out on top 4 this season to get the parasites out so be it.
We would need to finish much lower for that

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Tbh, I think Ruiz would fit in ETH’s tactics, his style of playing is very similar to Frankie De Jong especially in term of ball carrying ability, beating the press, ball retention or linking the game. He would be fine in double-pivot 4-2-3-1 in ETH's main formation.

In possesion phase: The most important part in Ten Hag's tactics

I will compare him with Ajax's De Jong, Ajax's De Jong is an ideal player in ETH's formation. Both have similar stats in link-up play and ball retention ability, which are very important in ETH's tactics( especially beating the press and possesion football) but Frankie's dribbling and carrying abilities are out of this world, in this department he's a lot superior to Fabian and that separate him from Luiz and a lot of great midfielders in this planet.

Other phases

They have some similarities and differences due to their teams style( especially in defensive phase) of playing but like I said Ruiz is great replacement to FDJ due to ball retention and link-up play ability, which are the main assets in ETH's possession football philosophy.

Ted Lasso

Tbh, I think Ruiz would fit in ETH’s tactics, his style of playing is very similar to Frankie De Jong especially in term of ball carrying ability, beating the press, ball retention or linking the game. He would be fine in double-pivot 4-2-3-1 in ETH's main formation.

In possesion phase: The most important part in Ten Hag's tactics

I will compare him with Ajax's De Jong, Ajax's De Jong is an ideal player in ETH's formation. Both have similar stats in link-up play and ball retention ability, which are very important in ETH's tactics( especially beating the press and possesion football) but Frankie's dribbling and carrying abilities are out of this world, in this department he's a lot superior to Fabian and that separate him from Luiz and a lot of great midfielders in this planet.

Other phases

They have some similarities and differences due to their teams style( especially in defensive phase) of playing but like I said Ruiz is great replacement to FDJ due to ball retention and link-up play ability, which are the main assets in ETH's possession football philosophy.
FDJ looks insane, considering how good Ruiz already is. That's the difference between World Class players I suppose.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why is there so much activity on this one? Isn't his move to PSG nearly done? Move on chaps.

Ted Lasso

Sad that his stats are from years ago in the Dutch league, if they were from la Liga recently it would be more exciting
From all I've seen in games and read about it, he hasn't been as effective because it's a slightly different role to the ETH one at Ajax. But would be curious how it stacks up still

Fts 74

I don't know enough about this guy but those who do would you be happy with him and rabiot if no Frenkie?

flappyjay

I don't know enough about this guy but those who do would you be happy with him and rabiot if no Frenkie?
Too late he is going to PSG as things stand. I definitely would have been happy with him, only seen a few games though.

Footyislife

His xG from ball progression is slightly above 50th percentile. Would help us over this current lot, but not the impact player we need at his age

GledTheRed

If you are smart and plan ahead you don't need a war chest to improve the team.
I think everyone in world football knows that apart from Manchester United, even state backed clubs are not being riped off while the club riddled with debt overpays constantly.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Always thought this guy was overrated. Decent player, but nothing more than that from what I've seen. Not really press resistant, I think the PL would just go too fast for him to be honest.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Always thought this guy was overrated. Decent player, but nothing more than that from what I've seen. Not really press resistant, I think the PL would just go too fast for him to be honest.
Exactly what I've been saying. He will look alright in France but isn't going to help in Europe. They were lacking in Europe with a prime Verratti alongside great players in Motta and Pastore. They rely even more on a not as good version of Verratti now with no complementary players.

dinostar77

Sanches and Ruiz for 30 0dd million while we piss in the wind with FDJ, christ!
Luis Campos is a very good DoF. If woodward had bothered to interview him as requested by Mourinho at the time (covered extensively by mourinho acolyte Duncan Castles), then we might have a stronger squad than we currently do.

Campos is doing a great job at PSG at moment. Only his first window as well.

Lee565

Look at that, not content with an already good midfield, psg go and further strengthen the midfield options, where as we are content with a midfield pairing that would not be touched by most big clubs even as squad players, that is the golf in ambition between our club and the top European sides

Ekeke

Look at that, not content with an already good midfield, psg go and further strengthen the midfield options, where as we are content with a midfield pairing that would not be touched by most big clubs even as squad players, that is the golf in ambition between our club and the top European sides
Thats the truth

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It did took them more than 4 years to maybe fix their main weakness.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
They didn't chase FDJ for 3 months and have CL football...

peridigm

Thought he signed earlier in the window. Why they wait so long if there was no one else in for him?

Davie Moyes

You can bet if we were in for him the quoted price would be around 40m plus. How we end up being asked to pay more than the state owned clubs is bonkers.