Fabio da Silva

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Ole will resign him for United in a couple years.

Maybe.

Hawkeye

He did ok. Goal Cardiff conceded was from the side he was playing but that was more down to Noone falling asleep.

HabeasC

At least he hopefully would have been playing RB instead of Chrissy Smalling

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Always dreamt of United playing Rafael on the right and Fabio on the left.. :(

Ah well good luck to him at Cardiff.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He has been finding his feet recently, and has been one of their better performers as of late. It's one of those scenarios- especially for a team like Cardiff- in which you know there are players in there who are definitely good enough to be Premier League players. He, Dæhli, Caulker and Mutch have fit that bill. Marshall, too perhaps. Little error ridden for me.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Hasn't he been awful for Cardiff and last year at QPR too? He's not really good enough.
Hadn't been given the opportunity to find out. All of QPR's defence was bad, the same goes for Cardiff's really. Given a run of games in RB or LB when Rafael & Evra have been injured or suspended this season and I think he could have kicked on.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hadn't been given the opportunity to find out. All of QPR's defence was bad, the same goes for Cardiff's really. Given a run of games in RB or LB when Rafael & Evra have been injured or suspended this season and I think he could have kicked on.
Now that Theophile is back (awful player, literally just hoofs it at every opportunity- think Smalling but 12 times worse) Fabio has gone back to left back and is starting to form a nice partnership with Dæhli. Of course, the games I've watched they haven't been overly worked defensively, but they look like they're slowly but surely getting there.
I think Fabio at the most would've been good cover here, really. His injuries and lack of opportunity really stifled him, and he's a little bit too old to be nurtured like he once was, but is also not talented or experienced enough to be thrown straight in for a team like ours, which is a shame.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think he would ever become world class, or that is good having both da Silvas as the fullbacks in the first XI, but he is much better player than Buttner already, and it would be good option to have him due his versatilty(instead of having two backup fullbacks on the bench, we could have just Fabio) as backup even now(and by years he would become probably much better), but instead we kept Büttner who is questionable even as backup option to Evra.
It could be possible that he wanted to be first choice, but I seriously doubt that and I am quite sure he would be happy this season with 10-15ish appearances, and if I am right, decision to play Buttner over him it's probably one of the daftest things Moyes did during his time here.

Santos J

As shit as Marcelo and Maxwell are, they're quite a bit better than Fabio.
Aye, not to mention Filipe, Alex Sandro & Siqueira who are probably both better than them two aswell as Fabio.

Last edited:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He wouldn't get in on ability either to be fair.
Nor did I say he would, however to say he wouldn't is a bit unfair if you ask me, it's clear he wouldn't make the XI, but as a spare defensive utility player with energy, I wouldn't say he'd be the worst choice.

Santos J

Nor did I say he would, however to say he wouldn't is a bit unfair if you ask me, it's clear he wouldn't make the XI, but as a spare defensive utility player with energy, I wouldn't say he'd be the worst choice.
Maybe not but there's at least 5 left backs that are better than him.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
So did DjimiTraore. He actually won an' all.
I wasn't being serious. It's just usually where any discussion about Fabio not being good enough (shock, horror!) leads to.
I probably should have put white text in.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I know. Djimi Traore won one. Does that mean he's better than Filipe Luis, Siquera, Sandro, Marcelo or Maxwell? No.
Jimmy Toure played in one and won as well!
I wasn't being serious. It's just that last season it was apparently Moyes being blind to the quality of Fabio, rather than the possibility that Fabio (who made nine Premier League starts in his six year United career) wasn't actually all that good.

And usually his start in the Champions League final from years ago was used as proof he was good enough.
I should have put white text in.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Pretty insulting that. Too shit to get into the worst Brazillian team in decades.
Yeah, it must be insulting getting it from World Class players like Kenwyne Jones and Steven Caulker.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Traore, but yeah, that starting in a CL final argument is so ridiculous. Fabio isn't good ehough for us and I don't get some of the hysteria on here about him leaving.
Spot-on. He's not good enough. He's gone, let's move on :)