Fabio Vieira to Arsenal in deal worth upto €40m.

Branchofscience

Will turn out better than penandez. Who has fallen off a cliff and has been largely found out.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Will sell a crazy amount of shirts with that name!

Surprised Arsenal have gone for another development player in central midfield. Lokanga played a bit start of last season before he was rarely seen again so guess they'll loan him out. Elneny still around and will probably suddenly get some random starts in March.

I assume the plan was to make statement signing for CM in mould of Tielemans or Ruben Neves but no CL has ended that. Guess they need to move Xhaka out aswell but as ever he's hard to budge.
Apparently this isn't affecting the Tielemans signing. Vieira will get used to cover & rotate with Saka & Odegaard (a Raphinha alternative if you like) & Tielemans is more a direct Xhaka replacement / rotation

Im expecting Jesus & Tielemans to be wrapped up in the next week or so, then concentrate on sales. Think we'll sign cover at full back as well, perhaps Hickey, then I think our business will be done.

Last edited:

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
We have Pereira / Martial/ Garner / VDB and Diallo all back from loans
Great..

While I don't think he was a priority, the fact Portuguese fans rate him so much makes me interested. And tbh we don't have a replacement for Ode if he gets injured, so this is a good signing there, and can mean we can rest Saka too.

Bondi77

They tried to pimp out to Wolves but they wouldn't bite for 20mil but they have now roped Arsenal in for nearly double.
I really do have to applaud Portuguese clubs as they get maximum profit for their players that have really achieved feck all!

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I know nothing about this guy he seems to have had one good season where he had limited game time and the season before that he got 1 goal and assist in almost 30 games. Is he really that good?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
They tried to pimp out to Wolves but they wouldn't bite for 20mil but they have now roped Arsenal in for nearly double.
I really do have to applaud Portuguese clubs as they get maximum profit for their players that have really achieved feck all!
What a load of rubbish :lol:

You check every Porto forum/fan base and they're so angry they sold him for cheap.

Ekeke

Not as good or proven as Vitinha who we were talking about previously from Porto, and doesnt really effect whether Vitinha moves because it was going to be down to paying his buyout anyway.

But Fabio Viera was used more in attack, left footed with some skill and came in to score some good goals. But again he played just a bit more than half the amount of Vitinha

Makes the £40 million for Vitinha a bargain if it happens in comparison. I'd say Viera is more likely a sub and competition for Saka and Odegard at Arsenal.

Ekeke

I know nothing about this guy he seems to have had one good season where he had limited game time and the season before that he got 1 goal and assist in almost 30 games. Is he really that good?
Not better than Saka and Odegaard, but if they are in a slump he could come in and take their place

Andersonson

He wasnt a certain starter for Porto last season but produced great numbers. Also has played some games on the left. Seems like a smart buy, they need quality cover who can develop

Nick7

are you thinking of Vitinha?

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Will turn out better than penandez. Who has fallen off a cliff and has been largely found out.
It's actually hilarious that grown men (don't want to insult kids by comparing you with them) sign up for football forums, pretend as ManUtd fan while supporting Liverpool.

I wanted to say you won't last long here but looks like mods didn't give me the chance to do that. They are way too quick these days.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Seems like a done deal. His obligatory YouTube vid:

He looks mightily impressive there, comfortable on the ball, can play a killer pass, skillful, seems to have a quick turn, pace and can shoot. He looks like he'll do great on the right or left. Looks better than Antony tbh.
Optimistic to call that a highlights video. I know nothing about the player, never even heard of him. But that was 8 minutes of mediocre crosses, penalties, and him falling over. I’m sure that can’t tell the whole story, because there was virtually nothing to catch the eye there. And that’s kind of the whole point of a highlights video. To create an artificially positive impression of a player.