Fabrice Muamba | No religious debate in this thread please

JB7

Really hoping for some good news. This is awful, I've no connection to Bolton or Muamba but feel completely numbed by the whole situation.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Can't go into detail but I am in work tonight, really terrible news this :(

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
All updates will be rumours. I can't see anyone in their right mind giving updates on the lads health, from an ambulance.

Guy Incognito

Oluwashina Okeleji, a reporter for the BBC World Service has tweeted that the ambulance has got Fabrice breathing.

Brophs

The One and Only
All updates will be rumours. I can't see anyone in their right mind from an ambulance giving updates on the lads health.
Unfortunately it's just one person spreading a rumour and others latching onto it.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
If there is no CPR after 10 minutes its a big problem, people have received cpr for long periods of time and been ok after.

That doesn't sound too good :(

I think any form of CPR over 10 minutes will cause brain damage, not sure about it - but i remember vaguely :(

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That doesn't sound too good :(

I think any form of CPR over 10 minutes will cause brain damage, not sure about it - but i remember vaguely :(
If your heart stops and you don't receive CPR within 10 or so minutes, you run a very high risk of brain damage.

Muamba had CPR (and a defibrilator) almost straight away.

Urbanned

Has anyone seen the jokes surfacing on Sickipedia? I'm all for a bit of dark humour but come on, releasing a joke about a guy while he's still being resusitated on the floor is fecking harsh.

Brophs

The One and Only
Has anyone seen the jokes surfacing on Sickipedia? I'm all for a bit of dark humour but come on, releasing a joke about a guy while he's still being resusitated on the floor is fecking harsh.
No. And we'd rather they weren't referred to in case someone decides to post them.

Devilton

All updates will be rumours. I can't see anyone in their right mind giving updates on the lads health, from an ambulance.
Why not? Especially if the news is good...

people might be fearing the worst, so if there is someone in the ambulance that can send out a positive message to his family or loved one's then i'd think people would do that given how easy it is to tweet / sms these days.

Stretch

This is so shocking. I was busy in the kitchen, turned and saw him on the floor shaking. I was on my way out tonight but my evenings been put on hold. This is so sad to see a young lad go through this. Please pull through Fabrice, please :(

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is horrible, listening to five live for updates on how he's doing but it's making me feel even sadder :(

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Would more likely have been once they arrived at the hospital, but it's all speculative so there really is no point. No one even knows what happened to him.

Think positive though. There are a number of things it could have been for which having expert medical attention on hand would have given him a much better chance of recovering from.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Why not? Especially if the news is good...

people might be fearing the worst, so if there is someone in the ambulance that can send out a positive message to his family or loved one's then i'd think people would do that given how easy it is to tweet / sms these days.
People in ambulances have more important things to be doing, usually.

Rahul

BTW that so called "confirmation" that ambulance crews had him breathing again came from a tweeter @Mkdan08 who deleted his tweet and then deleted his account.

Really hope he pulls through. Completely stunned by this.