Facebook, Amazon etc....

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Zuckerberg following the Twitter paid for verified accounts

To be honest I don’t think this is a Muskism. It’s the result of things like GDPR and Apple’s privacy changes having a cataclysmic effect on social media’s monetisation. Users have always been the product, that has to change now and users are now the customers again.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So all those messages in 2015 that facebook would stop being free were true! omg, what have I done

nimic

something nice
Scout
Im sure this $1.5bn was already included in their risk assessment and they felt it was a profitable move anyway.
Quite possible, but if they don't actually remedy the situation the fines are going to come faster and get bigger. They could go up to 4% of annual global turnover. I don't know if there are any other tools the EU can use if Facebook simply eats that ~$5 billion per year, but I assume that would eat into their European profit margins quite a bit.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
What's the latest with Microsoft buying Activision? This has just become relevant to my job :lol:

Anyone following the case closely?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Could become a behemoth so it can go in here…

There have already been a few changes the last year.or so. EE & BT merged and BT Sports rebranded to TNT and now this. With Apple deciding against bidding for Premiership football and Sky retaining the majority of the games, until 2029 this monster may be lining up a future challenge.

I would hope this would offer better deals for the customers but I doubt that will happen. Ultimately it will just end up funding more obscene wages and high match ticket and merch prices.