Facts about football that shouldn't be true - but are

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Strange that I always thought Zanetti played mostly as a right midfielder (like Beckham) or as a right winger. Only in the latter part of his carrier he played as a full back and sometimes a DM.
He certainly started off in midfield, but he was deployed at full-back a lot early on. He spent a season at left-back for Inter in his early 20s. When he played in midfield, it was usually as the right side of a three in a narrower set-up (4312 or diamond), or as a wing-back ahead of a back three (where he played at the 1998 World Cup). I think he played more again in central midfield towards the end of his career when he wasn't such a force of nature going up and down the wing.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Players get fined more for wearing branded boxers than nations do for racist abuse.

DVG7

The top 10 most expensive players of all time when you add up their transfer fees

1. Neymar
2. Ronaldo
3. Di Maria
4. Ibrahimovic
5. Coutinho
6. Higuain
7. James Rodriguez
8. Dembele
9. Lukaku
10. Hazard

We paid more to buy Lukaku than we did to buy Ronaldo, Di Maria and Ibrahimovic combined

lysglimt

Scout
When Andy King won the League with Leicester - he became the first Welsh player not playing for Man United, to win the Premier League.

Hughes35

I've just seen that Ben Foster has more shots on target this season than Jesse Lingard................

I Am Zlatan

Just read on Instagram,

red cards at Manchester United:

Juan Mata: 1
Marcos Rojo: 0

Last edited:

paulscholes18

Just read on Instagram,

red cards at Manchester United:

Juan Mata: 1
Marcos Rojo: 0

I haven’t done my research, but I remember Rojo getting red carded, maybe it was in the fa cup and meant in the premier league, either way it’s crazy!
Nope, never been sent off for United, probably should have had a couple, vs Palace and Everton

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
While she was managing director at Birmingham City, Karren Brady sold her husband Paul Peschisolido to Stoke for £400k in 1994. They got married a year later. I guess we know who wears the trousers.

No Barcelona player had ever been named La Liga player of the month until Neymar was in November 2015.

In 2009, Bolivia beat an Argentina with Messi on the pitch may I add by a scoreline of 6-1

India once qualified for the 1950 World Cup but refused to play because FIFA wouldn't let them play barefoot.

Brazil's first ever official match was against Exeter City in 1914.

Blackburn Rovers nearly signed Zinedane Zidane, but it didn't go through because they felt that Tim Sherwood was the better option. They then missed out on Robert Lewandowski because an ash cloud delayed his flight, and he signed for Dortmund instead.

Everton won the league at Anfield before Liverpool even existed.

Charlton Athletic defeated Huddersfield town by 7-6 after they were trailing by 1-5 against them just before 30 minutes of the final whistle.

Needham

80% of footballers are right footed. 97% of football managers are right footed.

Siorac

There is a bigger gap in time between today and Arsenal’s invincibles (15 years), than between the invincibles and Liverpool’s last title (14 years).

This doesn’t seem right to me, as it feels like Arsenal’s last title wasn’t that long ago while Liverpool’s last title was from another planet altogether.
Yeah, the same way the time between our CL wins in 1999 and 2008 feels like a LOT more than the the time since the 2008 CL win... It's probably to do with our age. Let me guess, you're around 30?
Players get fined more for wearing branded boxers than nations do for racist abuse.
Makes perfect sense in a capitalist economy.

GuyfromAustria

No Barcelona player had ever been named La Liga player of the month until Neymar was in November 2015.
That sounds absolutely mental. Never mind all the other legends, imagine never giving it to Messi, despite scoring 212 goals in the league in the six seasons before that. :lol:

It's only been awarded since September 2013. It's somewhat strange nonetheless that 20 months passed, without a Barcelona player winning it.

Denis' cuff

That sounds absolutely mental. Never mind all the other legends, imagine never giving it to Messi, despite scoring 212 goals in the league in the six seasons before that. :lol:

It's only been awarded since September 2013. It's somewhat strange nonetheless that 20 months passed, without a Barcelona player winning it.

I sometimes wonder if la Liga exists for the benefit of RM.

Le Red

Yeah, the same way the time between our CL wins in 1999 and 2008 feels like a LOT more than the the time since the 2008 CL win... It's probably to do with our age. Let me guess, you're around 30?

Makes perfect sense in a capitalist economy.
Is that the one where people have food to eat?

Kemizee

While she was managing director at Birmingham City, Karren Brady sold her husband Paul Peschisolido to Stoke for £400k in 1994. They got married a year later. I guess we know who wears the trousers.

In 2009, Bolivia beat an Argentina with Messi on the pitch may I add by a scoreline of 6-1

India once qualified for the 1950 World Cup but refused to play because FIFA wouldn't let them play barefoot.

Brazil's first ever official match was against Exeter City in 1914.

Blackburn Rovers nearly signed Zinedane Zidane, but it didn't go through because they felt that Tim Sherwood was the better option. They then missed out on Robert Lewandowski because an ash cloud delayed his flight, and he signed for Dortmund instead.

Everton won the league at Anfield before Liverpool even existed.

Charlton Athletic defeated Huddersfield town by 7-6 after they were trailing by 1-5 against them just before 30 minutes of the final whistle.
That right there is an incredible one! Baffling!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
In his two seasons at juventus, Alvaro Morata was a Champions League GOD

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Since the 7th of May 2018 Liverpool have only lost one premier league game

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
A centerback duo of Otamendi and Mustafi was world class together for Valencia, they were an absolute wall against prime Barcelona and prime Real Madrid. They marked the likes of Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema out of the game (all those players at their peak).

Based Adnan

We have lost the same amount of games (5) and conceded the same amount of goals (23) as Man City this season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
A centerback duo of Otamendi and Mustafi was world class together for Valencia, they were an absolute wall against prime Barcelona and prime Real Madrid. They marked the likes of Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema out of the game (all those players at their peak).
I remember that Valencia season. :lol:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I remember that Valencia season. :lol:
Otamendi and Mustafi had some kind of telepathic connection. When one of them lunged into a two-footed tackle, the other knew when to stay back, and vice versa.

Canagel

Ibrahimovic has finished as Milan's top scorer in Serie A this decade (42 goals). He left in 2012.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Just saw that Real Madrid have only won La Liga 4 times since 2003. Just 4
Zidane era is a fraud and it is easier to cheat in a knockout competition. That is how you get more success in Champions League than La Liga