Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It was blatantly obvious watching him at the WC that he was criminally underutilized here. Hopefully that changes going forward.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I hope he gets a good loan somewhere. I'd love him to get more chances here, but be needs regularly football right now, and he'll get that better elsewhere. Needs to be the right setup. Otherwise, it'll be good to be able to see him as a long term RW option too. Amad more of a central guy, Pellistri on the right, Garnacho on the left could be very fun.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Good decision making, play direct, nice ball control. Can we dream of another Garnacho on the opposite side?
I think he is not as physically gifted as Garnacho but he brings on board different skillsets. He tracks back more than Garnacho.

But its a mystery why ETH has not played him more often. If Garnacho pissed off ETH during the pre-season tour and took him like 6-8 weeks before coming back on track; I really wonder what Facounda did over the summer that was worse?

kelvinwong2026

I guess it could be related to ETH's intention to justify the expensive purchase of Antony.

i.e. if Pellistri plays and plays better than Antony, people would say ETH has wasted 80m.

If this is the case, Pellistri's playing time would be limited to several minutes here and there at most.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Pellestri may come good for us but let’s not forget we only played Charlton last night. He may look completed different when he’s on against a prem side. He didn’t do much while on loan at Alaves.

sglowrider

Pellestri may come good for us but let’s not forget we only played Charlton last night. He may look completed different when he’s on against a prem side. He didn’t do much while on loan at Alaves.
they were relegation fodder who sat on the low block. Garnacho would have struggled for playing time there.

Dannn411

Needs a loan where the club is obligated to give him regular playing time. There is a good player in there for sure. I see the flashes everytime I watch him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think he is not as physically gifted as Garnacho but he brings on board different skillsets. He tracks back more than Garnacho.

But its a mystery why ETH has not played him more often. If Garnacho pissed off ETH during the pre-season tour and took him like 6-8 weeks before coming back on track; I really wonder what Facounda did over the summer that was worse?
Agreed. It's confusing, alright. He looks like a reserved kinda guy also. Not a troublemaker type, where i see a bit in Garnacho. I don't know, mate. Maybe EtH just wants him to be tougher and more aggressive.

Now he just made his case. An excellent one. And we all hope we'll see more of him. Unfortunately, next coming games are maybe a bit too tough for him.

sglowrider

Now he just made his case. An excellent one. And we all hope we'll see more of him. Unfortunately, next coming games are maybe a bit too tough for him.
I am sure we all thought the same thing during the pre-season matches too. Productive cameos then too.

ETH's wife?

DJ_21

they were relegation fodder who sat on the low block. Garnacho would have struggled for playing time there.
He needs to be loaned to a championship side like diallo. He needs games in English football. Be good if he went to one of the teams fighting for promotion.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He needs to be loaned to a championship side like diallo. He needs games in English football. Be good if he went to one of the teams fighting for promotion.
Maybe Carrick could take him at Boro. I think their style would really suit him and the Championship would be a pretty good league for him to get games.

Trex

We have a good group of young wide players now. Between Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Amad, Pellistri that's the wide position sorted for the foreseeable future.

Bondi77

It is obvious Erik is going to start Antony most games because of the amount of money he cost and he may need time to build up confidence to be more of an attacking threat but I also think it makes good sense to have Facundro on the bench ready to replace him if he is not contributing in an attacking sense.
We need competition in all positions and Facundro is a natural RW so I hope he at least stays for the rest of the season and gets a chance to prove himself.

Malone_Post

He showed more in 10 minutes then Elanga has shown all season. It’s baffling how underused he’s been so far this season. Really want to see more of him going forward.

NoPace

Love how to praise a youngster, we have to bash another one of our players on here.

Loan makes most sense, we've chosen some good ones this season and best thing for him is game time.
If you think of him as Almiron, another quality and tiny South American winger who isn't a big goalscorer (until this year) finally doing it at 28 years old, it's not crazy that Pellistri, who is visibly quality (nimble, smart, aggressive, dribbling and first touch with both feet are good) but has a genuinely non-existent scoring rate and is 21, might need 2-3 years of loans.

He just doesn't seem to want to do it, as does anyone who doesn't join Chelsea or City really, which I imagine means they pay those players more?

Ideally we'd re-sign him to a longer deal and loan him somewhere for 18 months in January, with recall options in place, commit to bringing back Amad in the summer. But those guys are #5 and 6 choice for 2 spots out wide here at the moment, so unless Sancho leaves, I think Pellistri will just get a move from some team desperate for a RW.

He might start for Southampton or Leicester. Those teams have nothing out right, and while Southampton probably wants to start Edozie out right after bringing in Orsic to play LW since he's their own player, they have to be mostly focused on staying up at this point.

dasty

He got injured by Atletico during our pre-season which is why he had not played much for us. He had to train in a new system with less work put in than others due to his injury, thus Ten Hag might have not felt comfortable throwing him into the deep end of the pool that quickly. Blame Atletico for being unnecessarily rough and aggressive during a pre-season game instead of Ten Hag.

Real Name

So one tweet says he'll seek a loan move the other he wants to stay to prove his worth.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If it was another loan his level is higher than a relegation fighting La Liga club this time.

So I guess that rules out Sevilla!

nakpodiareuben

I like him, very direct. I think he has good vision and technique too. Is very slight in a foot race and the one thing for me little I have seen of him is the technique and vision is wasted a bit with him driving forward out wide.

Personally think there is a really good player to develop there but I see him more as a number 10 like an Ariel Ortega or even an attacking midfielder like Bernado SIlva.

With Fernandes and Antony starting and others ahead dont see him getting opportunities here sadly....but I think he should get minutes from the bench as he has really good potential, much more than a couple ahead of him

Exactly my thought. I think he should understudy Bruno and see how it goes

croadyman

It is obvious Erik is going to start Antony most games because of the amount of money he cost and he may need time to build up confidence to be more of an attacking threat but I also think it makes good sense to have Facundro on the bench ready to replace him if he is not contributing in an attacking sense.
We need competition in all positions and Facundro is a natural RW so I hope he at least stays for the rest of the season and gets a chance to prove himself.
That's what I hope happens as well,trouble is one tweet says he's looking for a loan but another says he wants to stay and fight for his place

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Neither of these loans would do anything for Pellistri if he wants a future at United.

I was dismayed by United sending him off to play in Spain twice. He needs to go somewhere where he can get used to the pace and physicality of English football.

If he isn't going to in the mix to play wide right in rotation, I agree.

Bondi77

That's what I hope happens as well,trouble is one tweet says he's looking for a loan but another says he wants to stay and fight for his place
Those tweeters have as much idea as yourself and I.

Telsim

Elanga starting ahead of him is an atrocity and Ten Hag is complicit. I don't know why that is? Attitude problems? Fitness not good enough? Whatever the case, Pellistri could easily compete with Antony for the starting place at present. Keep Pellistri and loan or sell Elanga instead.

Glorio

He did very well in pre-season and he's done very well for his national team (which are very decent at football by the way). You can only play what's in front of you, so I really don't get the hesitation.

He's good mates with Garnacho so as some have said, perhaps it's something wider than actual footballing ability that's holding him back

DJ_21

If pellestri gets more game time and can compete with Antony for the RW spot then next season we’re gonna have decent choices. Antony, diallo and pellestri. We go from having no RW to having 3 :lol:

sglowrider

If pellestri gets more game time and can compete with Antony for the RW spot then next season we’re gonna have decent choices. Antony, diallo and pellestri. We go from having no RW to having 3 :lol:
Peestri and Antony are more like for like in that they are more RW albeit different styles. Amad not so and will have many coaches struggling to pigeonhole him into a traditional position.

Status
Not open for further replies.