6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

I also don't understand why he's not been given any sort of chance.

Melville Red

We really haven’t seen enough of him to come to a proper conclusion, however I can not nderstand why he wasn’t picked ahead of Sancho or Antony who to be quite frank have had more than a chance but have failed to deliver.
I really would like to see more of Garnacho and Pellestri next season.

Baxquux

I also don't understand why he's not been given any sort of chance.
Might be getting a few more, with one right sided player allegedly coming back only to be loaned out, and another facing his own potential legal difficulties....

Banana Republic

I can understand why ETH was giving Sancho time, as he’s reportedly been trying to rehabilitate the player.
What I couldn’t understand was substituting Antony with Weghorst, when he had Pellistri on the bench, who could offer a lot more energy, actually make things happen and create threats right into the penalty area.
Antony has been a mixed bag, mostly underwhelming and one dimensional. He’s got a lot to prove in his 2nd season.
It’s time to give Pellistri a proper chance to fight for that right hand place.
Hopefully Antony will then respond with his own improved efforts.

Banana Republic

Its bonkers that some people think we should sell him.
Agree 100%
They’re happy to write off a player that they’ve seen little or nothing of ….and who has shown, in the little time given, that he’s got something to offer that should be worth exploring with more playing time.
With another busy schedule next season, we need 2 players regularly rotating in each of our wide positions.

Sylar

I can understand why ETH was giving Sancho time, as he’s reportedly been trying to rehabilitate the player.
What I couldn’t understand was substituting Antony with Weghorst,
Which resulted in Bruno moving out wide to accommodate wout in the middle :wenger:

Don't Kill Bill

Its bonkers that some people think we should sell him.
If the manager decides its for the best I could understand the logic.

He is third choice for the left wing. Second choice on the right, if you discount Bruno being moved there in games and assume Diallo stays behind him next season. If the money we received for him strengthened a first team weakness then there is sense to it.

I'm happy to let the manager decide on this one.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Could have easily got another couple of assists if the striker had the foggiest idea how to position himself for a cut back. On one occasion he came so short he literally broke the move down better than the rival defenders.

That chap is a 20yo getting his first cap, on his first season starting for his club, so "yong and lernin". He scores the first simply because it was all so quick he crashed into the ball.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s one I don’t really get. Seems skilful, quick and puts in a real shift defensively too. I understand that he might be a little slight and he possibly lacks playmaking ability but he could have been used more off the bench. Seems ETH just doesn’t rate him highly.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
For those pointing out the rival's weakness, this was the first game under Bielsa and seven of the starting XI got their first cap.

Still expected to win, but it's a good sign Bielsa (a high press manager if I ever saw one) played him as the most senior player from midfield up and he took up the responsibility with abandon.

zaafi

It seems Ten Hag is so determined to be right with Antony that he completely shuts down other options.
I get that we're better in possession and defensively when playing Antony, but when we've been chasing goals in some matches, why not put on Pellistri who's pretty quick and can take players on as opposed to Antony? He always seems to make something happen and it's genuinely exciting when he has the ball, similar to Garnacho. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Bring on Weghorst instead, who offers absolutely nothing, and to no one's surprise we end up losing or drawing the match.

Bertie Wooster

Doesn't seem to be in the matchday squad for Uruguay's friendly v Cuba tonight?

That's a shame, especially after his impressive performance v Nicaragua. Had set my alarm to try and find if I could watch it somewhere, but I won't bother with no Pellistri to watch.

city-puma

Doesn't seem to be in the matchday squad for Uruguay's friendly v Cuba tonight?

That's a shame, especially after his impressive performance v Nicaragua. Had set my alarm to try and find if I could watch it somewhere, but I won't bother with no Pellistri to watch.
What a shame! Maybe a knock? I hope him play as many minutes as possible because he rarely played over last season.

Daonico

It's nothing, Uruguay has a new manager (Bielsa) and he wanted to try many players in these friendlies. Most of the "nailed down" players didn't play any of the matches, and there is a lot of changes from the previous one.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's nothing, Uruguay has a new manager (Bielsa) and he wanted to try many players in these friendlies. Most of the "nailed down" players didn't play any of the matches, and there is a lot of changes from the previous one.
And Bielsa has just seen him make that beautiful run and assist in the previous match. The bigger question is will he get match time at United or will we sort out a thoughtful loan for him. He can't be wasted on the bench like he was all season at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.