Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It is typically a case of sticking in Weghorst and shunting Bruno out wide, which is bonkers to me.

By all accounts though, the kid is a good egg, can't see it being an attitude thing or application to doing defensive work, he has always been fine in that respect.

Maybe he is just too nice, on top of his flimsy build, and ETH wants more aggression/oompph.
Well if ETH wants more aggression/oompph it's hard to figure out why Sancho's been playing, he's the exact opposite of that!

Abraxas

I think he'll have to go out on loan again or get sold. Why is he suddenly going to go from not being able to get a sub appearence over options such as Wout Weghorst, to suddenly getting the football he needs at 21? The team is only going to get stronger. He should be starting matches...regularly. Even sub appearences are not enough. He's risking stagnation.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I think he'll go out on loan. That was the plan last year until he got injured vs Liverpool in that friendly. Just hope it goes as well as Amad's.

Bertie Wooster

Yeah, think Pellistri will go out on loan next season. But I hope it goes a lot better than his previous ones, and that he goes to a championship side like Amad, Hannibal and Laird did, rather than abroad again.

jesperjaap

Strange how so many think he has to go out on loan and be sold.....yet also think Amad has to be in our side next season?

Personally think Amad is similar to ANtony in that he doesnt have searing pace, is tricky, intelligent and has really good balance and a good finish. From the bech I think Pellestri would be better as he offers a different option and a better one, as he seems to have pace and be very direct, more like Garnacho......however he only really seems to have got minutes when he has done when we look safe, Ten Hag doesnt seem to trust him yet and personally I think he will eventually be sold...the shame is we dont know how good he is or can become as not seen enough of him, but he always looks good for Uruguay

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Strange how so many think he has to go out on loan and be sold.....yet also think Amad has to be in our side next season?

Personally think Amad is similar to ANtony in that he doesnt have searing pace, is tricky, intelligent and has really good balance and a good finish. From the bech I think Pellestri would be better as he offers a different option and a better one, as he seems to have pace and be very direct, more like Garnacho......however he only really seems to have got minutes when he has done when we look safe, Ten Hag doesnt seem to trust him yet and personally I think he will eventually be sold...the shame is we dont know how good he is or can become as not seen enough of him, but he always looks good for Uruguay
Don't get me wrong I would love him to stay but ten Hag only wants to play Antony at the moment.

Red00012

Loan him out but feck me speak to clubs and see what their plans are for him. Put it in writing he can return to the club if he’s hasn’t started 10-15 games by January

Giggs' right foot

Loan him out but feck me speak to clubs and see what their plans are for him. Put it in writing he can return to the club if he’s hasn’t started 10-15 games by January
He will play for Frosinone with an average 30% ball possession and a goal every two games, and he will like it!

Davie Moyes

It is typically a case of sticking in Weghorst and shunting Bruno out wide, which is bonkers to me.

By all accounts though, the kid is a good egg, can't see it being an attitude thing or application to doing defensive work, he has always been fine in that respect.

Maybe he is just too nice, on top of his flimsy build, and ETH wants more aggression/oompph.
I think you could be right here Antohan.

I hope he gets a good loan in England. If that does not work out then maybe we need to let him go. I think he can have an excellent career somewhere if not here.

NLunited

Antony can‘t play everything, we need depth on RW. Pellistri should stay.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Well if ETH wants more aggression/oompph it's hard to figure out why Sancho's been playing, he's the exact opposite of that!
Protecting asset value and all that. Plus we know once upon a time there was a cracking player there. Feck knows where he is these days though.

Belisarius

I don't think ETH trusts his defensive work. Not necessarily his application but his understanding of his responsibilities and his positioning. He's been practicing under ETH for a year now so hopefully he is beginning to get an understanding of what is expected of him. I hope he stays and proves to ETH that he can be trusted defensively and then we'll get a chance to see more of what he has to offer offensively which in his limited minutes has looked pretty exciting.

Wrecking ralf

Send him to Sunderland to replace Amad. Perfect loan for him and they get another promising right winger.

Bondi77

So he plays Sancho to add aggression??

Bondi77

I really hope he can get a good loan for next season. He reminds me a lot of Stevie Coppell, possibly not guite as good defensively, but has a little bit more attacking wise.
From nowhere we seem to be overloaded on the right now, Antony, Amad, Sancho, Pellestri, even Rashford and Bruno can play there.
Amad could develop into a 10, Sancho has one more season, unless we can get a good price now, so I can see Pellestri coming back to compete for that RW spot.
The only winger that I have seen at Utd that I could compare to Coppell would be Kanchelskis as both were flyers and great assisters and chipped in with valuable goals...great wingers.

jeepers

Amad and Pellestri would be good, different options on the right. Pellestri an out and out old school wing-hugging ish type, Amad a roaming/wing playmaker like David Silva with a tad bit more pace.

I think Amad sticks around the squad this season and is back up to Bruno and Anthony. Pellestri out on loan, hopefully we find a good one for him.

ROFLUTION

Amad and Pellestri would be good, different options on the right. Pellestri an out and out old school wing-hugging ish type, Amad a roaming/wing playmaker like David Silva with a tad bit more pace.

I think Amad sticks around the squad this season and is back up to Bruno and Anthony. Pellestri out on loan, hopefully we find a good one for him.
This comparison had me laughing :lol: You could say that about Luke Chadwick also, but David Silva would still always be 10 times the player

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Ffs :lol:

That definitely made my morning

jeepers

Inappropriate Behavior
This comparison had me laughing :lol: You could say that about Luke Chadwick also, but David Silva would still always be 10 times the player
Ffs :lol:

That definitely made my morning
Luke Chadwick was a playmaking winger? Not even close.

Anyway look you fecking retards I'm not saying Amad is anywhere close to being at David Silva's level, nor am I saying he will even reach David Silva's level. My point is they are two different styles of wingers and it's only good for us, especially since our right wing has been non-existent for so long and fingers crossed one of them makes it here, even at 50% of Silva's level.

Davie Moyes

Anyway look you fecking retards I'm not saying Amad is anywhere close to being at David Silva's level, nor am I saying he will even reach David Silva's level. My point is they are two different styles of wingers and it's only good for us, especially since our right wing has been non-existent for so long and fingers crossed one of them makes it here, even at 50% of Silva's level.
I did not think there was a need to explain yourself. I would have thought David Silva is a good comparison so surprised by the reaction of others.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Insulting another member

Agree with the other poster, those 2 who laughed at you are being complete morons.

antohan

So he plays Sancho to add aggression??
Until Antony's injury Sancho was largely playing on the left in the absence of Garnacho. With Garnacho fit he moved right which, personally, I find is a better role for him.

Do you carry on playing 70M high wage Sancho into form / confidence or test Pellistri? I can see the logic in the former and don't think aggression comes into it. Doesn't say much for Jadon that he's become a JOS of sorts, mind.

antohan

I don't think ETH trusts his defensive work. Not necessarily his application but his understanding of his responsibilities and his positioning. He's been practicing under ETH for a year now so hopefully he is beginning to get an understanding of what is expected of him.
By application I meant exactly that. He is disciplined in his positioning and understanding of his responsibilities, he has shown that clearly for the NT. He does however lack aggression and physical presence in his execution though, which is what I think it ultimately boils down to. Not an attitude or tactical discipline issue but a physical/stylistic one.

Bondi77

Until Antony's injury Sancho was largely playing on the left in the absence of Garnacho. With Garnacho fit he moved right which, personally, I find is a better role for him.

Do you carry on playing 70M high wage Sancho into form / confidence or test Pellistri? I can see the logic in the former and don't think aggression comes into it. Doesn't say much for Jadon that he's become a JOS of sorts, mind.
That was my point.

Rolaholic

the second goal was assisted by him too. The rival is pretty weak though
It was a pretty nice run too

Not the best opposition but it's a constant that he's always making things happen whenever he's out there on the pitch for us or country.

Remember the geese

They don't play the same position tbf.

Think Amad could have a future more centrally for us at the 10 or 8
Amad has played the majority of his football on the right but yeah he's perfectly capable of playing centrally as he has shown on occasion for Sunderland. I consider him a much bigger talent than Pellistri.

L1nk

So weird this guy wasn’t given more chances last season, he must be showing nothing in training because when you look at his performances for Uruguay I'm left confused as to why Sancho is even getting a look in

Bondi77

So weird this guy wasn’t given more chances last season, he must be showing nothing in training because when you look at his performances for Uruguay I'm left confused as to why Sancho is even getting a look in
Erik stated the reason he was given chances was because of what he was showing in training...weird indeed.

TempusFugit

His acceleration is ridiculous. Probably one of the quickest players in the squad. I don't understand why he hasn't played more.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
All I can think of is he must be shagging an ETH family member or something!!

Status
Not open for further replies.