Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedHearted

"Help us Facundo Pellistri, you're our only hope"

this droid said he belonged to a Manchester United knight known as Ole Wan Kenobi, are you related to him Uncle Ben?
I am him. I was a Manchester United Knight with your father... before the dark times (clue a clip of Moses and all the years of misery)

croadyman

Does feel like Cavani will probably take this kid under his wing and help him settle into life at a big club

Steve Bruce

Yeah, it will be a disaster if he repeats what he did in his first proper season for us :houllier::houllier:
I don't think he's saying that as a criticism of Greenwood. It's more that he's not a RW, he's a striker.

Greenwood is brilliant but he doesn't have wing instincts, part of that is protecting your full back and Mason doesn't do that as it's not part of his game.. It's certainly something he could learn though.

I'm reading between the lines, that's pretty much how I read it anyway. I could be wrong

PoTMS

For £8m, he's worth a punt. Just hope he's more Chicharito than Djemba-Djemba.

BlahRules

Yeah, it will be a disaster if he repeats what he did in his first proper season for us :houllier::houllier:
I never said Greenwood is rubbish. We need a proper winger that give us dominance on the right side. If you watched us play last season and this season you can all our attack comes from the left side. Which is why a right winger was needed this transfer window.

Toad

Does feel like Cavani will probably take this kid under his wing and help him settle into life at a big club
200k/week babysitter :lol: Sign me up. On a serious note it’s quite good for him in that respect.

TheNextNo7

Must have came good for Ed last night when he simulated 10 years of Football Manager 20 in a last gasp desperation move

macheda14

Tim Vickery was on Sky Sports earlier on, said the about Pellistri;

“He’s a teenage, Uruguayan playmaker, lovely balance, very fluid, bright, sees things. He reminds me a little bit of a kind of prototype David Silva. I like this player a lot but I’m a little bit worried about the move. I’m not sure if it’s the right move at the right time at the right club."

"There was talk last week that he was going to go to Lyon in France but United have stepped in there. The worry is I think that even South American club football is proving a physical challenge for him at this stage in his career. Physically I think he will really, really suffer at the moment in the Premier League. I don’t think he’s ready for that.!

“So there’s always a question mark in these situations of whether the player will lose momentum in his career. He’s a real talent, he’s one for the long term, I hope that my fears aren’t justified that this isn’t the wrong move to the wrong club at the wrong time.”
The one thing people mostly get wrong is that leagues like Argentina and Uruguay are pretty aggressive. Full of hard tackles and quite rough matches. Also realistically it wouldn’t take too long for him to bulk up - just look at Greenwood pre and post lockdown.

Alemar

When is he going to be announced? Not much time left for Facundo to sign...

cj_sparky

The one thing people mostly get wrong is that leagues like Argentina and Uruguay are pretty aggressive. Full of hard tackles and quite rough matches. Also realistically it wouldn’t take too long for him to bulk up - just look at Greenwood pre and post lockdown.
I'm not really going to question the opinion of an English Football Journalist who has lived in Brazil for 20+ year and has a well respected view on the South American game.

I've watched quite a bit of Argentinian football myself, it is a complete throw back to English football of old at times. So I think it may stand him in good stead coming from a more physical league. Vickery might also be talking about the other demands of the Premier League, the speed of the game, less time on the ball etc...and obviously the pressure the United shirt brings.

izec

Patience guys. Someone said Penarol will announce the departure at 8pm their time, so midnight Uk time

croadyman

I never said Greenwood is rubbish. We need a proper winger that give us dominance on the right side. If you watched us play last season and this season you can all our attack comes from the left side. Which is why a right winger was needed this transfer window.
Yeah that is why I am fuming we haven't addressed the issue yet again,how many more windows will this be neglected

izec

Ah, yes, this kid would just be the cherry on top of a stellar window.
i agree, cant complain. I mean Sancho was never happening, on that basis, didn't go too bad. Hopefully Garner is our DM next season and one of Axel/Mengi step up for CB, and we are good to go

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Feels like a Varela type signing.

Why the feck did we wait until the last day of the window? We’re fecking muppets is what we are.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
i agree, cant complain. I mean Sancho was never happening, on that basis, didn't go too bad. Hopefully Garner is our DM next season and one of Axel/Mengi step up for CB, and we are good to go
Mostly sarcastic. A touch of truth, but mostly sarcastic.

Alemar

Patience guys. Someone said Penarol will announce the departure at 8pm their time, so midnight Uk time
I am worried about the fax machine, clock is ticking...in my opinion, at the state of our club currently, it is absolutely crucial that we sign a player called Facundo

Bondi77

Feels like a Varela type signing.

Why the feck did we wait until the last day of the window? We’re fecking muppets is what we are.
Just think of it as Christmas Day;
You don't open your presents til then do you?

Jibbs

Hopefully in next few hrs we sign Dembele from Barca on loan, Barca signs Depay from Lyon, and we loan out Pellistri to Lyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.