Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santos J

Valverde had a season in Castilla, and another on loan before getting in Real first team.

I am super excited of the prospect of an Uruguayan doing well in United, but I don't think we should destroy this guy with the pressure of too much expectations in the short term haha.
Yeah I just meant in terms of coming to Europe from the Uruguayan league. I think in an ideal world Pellistri would come into the first team squad sparingly and would feature a bit more in the U23's, more similar to Valverde's path, but with the situation we're in at the minute I think he'll be in the first team squad from the get go.

vanderpants

I take it 99% of people have never heard or seen him play, for the 1%, how is he different from Dan James and what will he bring to the team?

Tony247

Off topic but we need bldy one transfer thread on the last day to keep up with everything. It would be so much fun!

sillwuka

I take it 99% of people have never heard or seen him play, for the 1%, how is he different from Dan James and what will he bring to the team?
I've watched 5 'versus compilations' and he's much more of a dribbler to James and seems to be able to handle the ball and turn very quickly. Exciting.

Tony247

I've watched 5 'versus compilations' and he's much more of a dribbler to James and seems to be able to handle the ball and turn very quickly. Exciting.
Versus compilation are good to measure a player, at least basic techniques. How is the pressing and physicality of that league. Was he able to hold up the ball in tight spaces?

Sorry don't have time right now to watch those videos. Appreciate if you can clarify. Thanks in advance.

izec

He doesnt rely only on his pace, think that is the big one compared to James. Shit finishing, but he can run with the ball

LARulz

Do we have anybody in our squad that could help him settle? Considering his age and culture shock, I imagine he would need someone to help him

Kaos

Do we have anybody in our squad that could help him settle? Considering his age and culture shock, I imagine he would need someone to help him
Cavani? :lol:

Meh, otherwise its De Gea and Mata from the Spanish speaking core I guess.

Daonico

He should get along with the argentinians (if any is left) culture wise.
Apparently he knows some English anyway, that should help.

AgentSquirrel

We've got a load of Spanish speaking youngsters (as well as older players)so I imagine he'll be ok.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Cavani

Alemar

He can dribble and has good close control of the ball. That’s a very big difference

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Well here's hoping he's good. It's all we have on the wings now. Absolute shit show.

croadyman

Well here's hoping he's good. It's all we have on the wings now. Absolute shit show.
Yeah all we can say and feel so sorry for him not having a proper RW to be backup to due to the shitshow upstairs.

Member 101269

Ah, cool. Looks to have skill, but lacking on the finishing side. Worth a punt for that price. Cant be worse than Lingard/James
Raw with not must end product, and needs a broader view of the game around him. A rabbit with Duracell batteries will keep going.. no point without an aim

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Rojo, Bailly, De Gea, Romero, Mata, Pogba, Andreas (RIP), Cavani all speak Spanish, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of Bruno, Telles and Fred can either.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surely an 18 year old from Uruguay can't be considered one for the 1st team straight away? Surely he's going into the under 23's?

croadyman

Raw with not must end product, and needs a broader view of the game around him. A rabbit with Duracell batteries will keep going.. no point without an aim
So in other words no PROPER RW til at least January if Traore gets his work permit of course

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This lad is clearly not going to be playing in the first time any time soon. He looks a prospect. That's about it. I doubt we will even see him in the first team this season.

croadyman

Surely an 18 year old from Uruguay can't be considered one for the 1st team straight away? Surely he's going into the under 23's?
Shambles we didn't get either Sancho or Dembele so pushing this kid into the first team squad

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Depends word is he’s the second coming of George Best. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

croadyman

This lad is clearly not going to be playing in the first time any time soon. He looks a prospect. That's about it. I doubt we will even see him in the first team this season.
So Mason and the deadwood backups is all we are left with on the RW,god that is depressing to say the least

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So Mason and the deadwood backups is all we are left with on the RW,god that is depressing to say the least
This kid is raw as hell by the looks of it. Never played outside of S America. And you want to chuck him into this mess?

He won't even be above Dan James for this season pal. Let's just hope he's a real gem who will be in contention next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.