Gaming Fallout 4

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Cross gen likely though. It's an IP capable of redefining what we expect of certain RPG aspects, something The Witcher 3 looks to have done in some ways, but cross-gen massively hinders that possibility.

Happy it's happening but can't help being somewhat disappointed if it's cross gen.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Cross gen likely though. It's an IP capable of redefining what we expect of certain RPG aspects, something The Witcher 3 looks to have done in some ways, but cross-gen massively hinders that possibility.

Happy it's happening but can't help being somewhat disappointed if it's cross gen.
Cross gen?! For a game that will come out in 2016...unbelievable

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That is so shitty. They couldn't even get the old ones to run on the PS3 properly so feck knows what the new one will be like on old consoles.

Does this mean they are still using that crappy old game engine as well?
We'll I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Releasing a big new game like this on a 11 year console just seems bizzare. Surely it's time to move on

Bebe

fecking cross gen instantly killed my buzz. I'm sure it will still be good, but it will grate knowing it could have been better.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Who cares about cross-gen as long as it's a good game.
Because it could likely be so much better. Witcher 3 wouldn't have been possible on 360/PS3 and so many of the things that people love and are saying have set new higher standards just wouldn't have been achieved on last gen hardware. Fallout is coming out later and will have the budget, development team and story to further propel our expectations in certain aspects but that's far less likely if it's cross gen.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Who cares about cross-gen as long as it's a good game.
I care because it will be built with old gen consoles in mind and won't be as good as if they just focused on the current gen consoles. It's really stupid to support such old consoles now

Berbaclass

I see the obvious problem with that but I'll wait until I actually play the game to judge it.

PvsNP

There is no history for a delay of the PC release, is there?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
A mod isn't going to fix that. Cross-gen means the game will be built with a 512mb RAM system in mind :houllier:

It'll be 2016 FFS.
In 2016 we should already have new API toys like for example directx 12 so newer consoles will also get some boost thanks to new drivers on every next gen platform. It surely will look better than Skyrim... plus even for Skyrim there were mods that could up the memory allocation in order too get the highest quality juices running on for textures, LOD, draw distance and overall performance.

Let's see what the first gameplays will bring to the table first...

Last edited:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I like the poll in that thread now :lol:

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?
PS2
Xbox One
Gamecube
Pentium 4 PC

Also some good points about how cross gen can effect new games. Dragon Age Inquisition had lots of interesting decision stuff in the original E3 video which they scrapped and said they couldnt implement it on old consoles. They said old consoles couldnt handle the changes in real time like troop movements

Cina

it'd be funny if it was just a countdown for a HD remake of the first 2 games.

Berbaclass

I like the poll in that thread now :lol:

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?
PS2
Xbox One
Gamecube
Pentium 4 PC

Also some good points about how cross gen can effect new games. Dragon Age Inquisition had lots of interesting decision stuff in the original E3 video which they scrapped and said they couldnt implement it on old consoles. They said old consoles couldnt handle the changes in real time like troop movements
:lol:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Some guy on Reddit found code for preorders and it only lists PS4, Xbone and PC

Doom averted maybe

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
No chance. Fallout 3 is the best for me.
It's been a long time since I've played either so I cant even remember them that well now. But I thought New Vegas had a better story and quests. Plus the world seemed more enjoyable with the factions and people fighting over water etc. I think it also had a reputation system where you could gain allies and enemies by the actions you take in the game. Cant remember if FO3 had that.

I've never played the first 2 fallouts but apparently New Vegas is more simular to them than FO3. I personally would probably take an Obsidian made FO4 over Bethesda. Both great games though.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Been checking google searches every day :lol:
I cannot wait for this, week off will be booked as soon as the release date is announced (obviously as it comes close to release it will be delayed but hey)

Losing a bit of faith in the Xbox one (Finally admitting it), so I think I may treat myself to a PS4 for this

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
No chance. Fallout 3 is the best for me.
I liked them both equally.
I think New Vegas lacked super mutants and enemies like that.
One thing I didn't really like about Fallout 3 though was the tunnels around the main area. Reminded me of caves in Pokemon :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll probably still be travelling so doubt I'll even get to play this which is annoying as Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games of all time.

stu_1992

:drool: The news story that was better than Sepp Blatter resigning. Seriously hope that the "cross-gen" nightmare scenario doesn't come through. That source code on the site isn't very promising though...

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I wonder if we will get a release date tomorrow. Usually its a year between reveal and release for Bethesda games...but apparently Todd Howard said that they are looking to shorten the reveal/release time. Maybe end of 2015? It's been 4 years since Skyrim...so they've had plenty of time

Skyrim Reveal December 2010 - Release Novemeber 2011
Fallout 3 Reveal June 2007 - release October 2008
Oblivion Reveal May 2005 - Release March 2006